S3 spontaneously goes to silent mode

bulls96

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
whenever its in my pocket or sometimes i am just surprised when i turn it on its on silent mode...

is there a short cut to silent mode with the power button that is making it do that in my pocket?

broadwayblues

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
You can go to silent mode by pressing down on the volume button or by using the pull down notification toggle. Not sure how you are doing it by accident. Is your phone in a case? Maybe the button is being pressed by the case.

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy S III.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Do you have a case? I had once case that I found was sometimes pressing on the volume button and lowering my volume all the way to silent.

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Dear Shady,

The issue may be caused by AVG Antivirus... if you have it installed try uninstalling & check...

Don't know why people are still using an anti virus app, I used it for about 2 months, didn't really find anything, pretty much a waste of time

Sent from my SPH-L710 running Liquid Smooth RC2 4.2.2

Rusty tuttle

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
I have a Samsung T105g basic phone with case. When I bump or put the phone in my pocket, the phone will reset back to silent and vibrate and lowest value.
I continually have to reset the phone back to audible and high volume. This is very frustrating help!

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like the case is pressing on the Volume Down rocker.
What happens if you take the case off?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

Jim Cooper

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
I am also having the same problem; since day one, am using no exterior case on my S3. T-Mobile store said that my apps were using too much memory & to go into 'Task Master' and do a memory dump... Well it made no difference.

I had occasion to talk to a new 'S4' user; he admitted to having the same problem. Go figure.

I don't like the idea of having to constantly check the settings on my phone.

Posted via Android Central App

nmbeg

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
I am having the same issue with my new Galaxy Note 3. No case. The phone is always "off" when i put it into my pocket, and randomly when I look at it later it will be in silent mode.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463