What new apps have you tried lately?

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
I just started using Notification Toggle, which lets you put your toggle switches right in the dropdown notification menu instead of on a home screen.

Also tried XenoAmp ([APP][2.3.3+] XenoAmp - A Slightly Different Audio Player - xda-developers) an insteresting music player, but didn't really work for me since I don't keep my music on my phone and it can't pull from the Play Music cloud.

I actually like Scope alot, just wish you could add Google+ accounts....and agree about Flipboad. Added that right after it was ripped for Android and love it.

Other than that, just some modded apps, like a dark-themed Dropbox.

Just tried notification toggle and un installed it, it was just like a second set of icons that mostly duplicate the stock notification icons you get

I guess it requires root to replace the actual stock drop down bar

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

cpaight

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I just liked having the switches in the dropdown bar as oppsed to having a widget taking up space on the homescreen...personal preference I suppose.

will1881

May 14, 2012
Visit site
i've got:
Flightradar24 pro - tracks flights
Endomondo pro - tracks your workout
0800 wizard - cuts out paying for 0800 numbers and uses free minutes instead
imediashare - put a youtube video on your tv through dlna
Libra - uploads weight values
Music and Video - Downloads youtube clips
ubiCabs - Great for getting taxis around London
2x client - remote login to your computer
Subcard - so i can get points from Subway without having to remember my card

MERCDROID

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
PowerAmp Music Player Full Version
Tubemate (from slideme app store)
aDownloader-for downloading torrents
MX Player-for watching my downloaded movies
Crackle
Netflix
Box-for the free 50gb
Foldersync Full Version-to automatically sync to Box
ArchiDroid-to unzip and unrar
Pocket-to save web pages I want to read later
QuickPic-better than stock gallery
Holy Bible-To learn more about Jesus
Final Fantasy 3
Nasa-because space pics are awesome
TED-a wealth of knowledge in a free app
Skyvi-lets me listen to incoming texts while Im driving
I know this is supposed to be a list of new apps we tried recently, but I wanted to put those out there in case others wanted ideas

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Just tried notification toggle and un installed it, it was just like a second set of icons that mostly duplicate the stock notification icons you get

I guess it requires root to replace the actual stock drop down bar

with notification toggle you can change what toggles are there and if u use Image Shrink Lite, u can shrink down pictures and use them as the toggle icons. i used to use it but the toggles i need are on the touchwiz notification bar anyway :)

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
+1 u can lock settings to prevent an amateur from factory reseting if the phone gets stolen :)

I acally locked myself out for several apps last night while accidentally forgetting my pattern unlock and removing the password unlock from my lockscreen, lol

Luckily after an hour I was able to remember, lmao

deanodrums

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
How/why did they block you?

I was looking to dl some albums yesterday and i managed to get on a couple of sites(isohunt,extratorrent.Piratebay does not open) but then when i cicked to dl the torrent a screen came up and blocked it from happening.
I live in the UK and im pretty sure most providers are blocking the sites using there connection.(if that makes sense)