What new apps have you tried lately?

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Just wanted to get an on going thread started about what app you have tried the past week
during this past week I have tried scope beta which is a facebook app and also works for tumbler twitter and instagram but have since deleted it because the interface is horrible there is no option to change the ui theme I will possibly try again later because now it is in beta mode so maybe an option will be added later to change the look of the app

As well as an app called screeblr which is a decent alternative to smart stay which doesn't work in the dark

As well as wall base for wallpapers what I learned about in another thread on this forum

I'm interested learning about what you have you been downloading this past week as well andy sure to let us know if you find any cool apps anytime

P. S voice to text is horrible what's the point of it if you have to make so many auto corrections yourself, smh

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

ihatepineapple

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
a password generator app - had to create a password at work. 12 digits, at least 1 uppercase, 1 lower, 1 number & 1 symbol. how secure?!

ski safari
dead trigger
guess that song - 2 player songpop ;)

andie93

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
guess that song - 2 player songpop ;)

I had to give up on SongPop. It didn't hold my interest long enough for me to memorize what I didn't know, plus I don't listen to the radio. Everyone I know figured out the trick to beating me was to consistently pick categories where I have no chance, e.g. Today's Hits. Even when I play random strangers, that always seems to be their category of choice.

Right now I'm liking Wave Control. It just uses the proximity sensor to control music playback. I was using Sensor Music Player but didn't like being limited to using their player. I think Wave Control will work better for me in the end because I switch between my music, Pandora and a podcast app while in the car. When I leave the target app setting to default, it controls almost any media player I currently have open and am using. The free version is working fine for me so far. The paid version is $2.99 and has a couple more features I could make use of so I'm close to going that route soon.

atlantar6

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Loving Enhanced Exchange to replace stock ics email app. Jump is a good Splashtop alternative that allows you to use an external mouse. (Droid Maxx)

Kevin Harvell

May 31, 2012
Visit site
I've heard about dead trigger, how does it run on the GS3?

Dead Trigger runs great for me on my GS3. At least as good as a touch interface, first person shooter can control that is.

Takes some getting used to, but is a blast to play.

I am glad to see Jetpack Joyride finally make its Android debut. Have only seen it in the Amazon Market so far, but it is an outstanding game that I loved on iOS.

I have also been enjoying Flipboard. I just love the flipping animations while browsing. Well done interface.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
yeah im not really a gamer and defo not usualy into shooters but Dead Trigger on the s3 is amazing. turn off the crappy music and put earbuds in and its pretty submersive. nice stereo sound effects :)

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Llama... all for setting profiles. Much better in terms of ui then tasker and had same functionality except this one is more location based.

Widget locker. Absolutely amazing. Using jelly bean theme with a lot more quick picks than camera, Google, and unlock.

Wolfram alpha. So intelligent. Lol

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Popup notifications thanks to a suggestion from someone here. Works great for SMS pop ups on the lock screen.

I tried a couple different virutal assistants:
Speaktoit Assistant
EVA Virtual Assistant
Both were not very good IMO. Not worth replacing S-voice and not even close to Siri.

Aquamail about two weeks ago and I am sold.

Starting to get into Flipboard.

SamOliver

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Solid Explorer Beta

Never thought I would find another file explorer that I would use more than Root Explorer.

Same. Never thought I'd replace Root Explorer, but after using Solid Explorer it's clear that Root Explorer has finally met its match. Better aesthetics, more functionality, and the ability to drag and drop between two side-by-side panels. Awesome.

idodialog

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
Fotor seems a very well thought out Camera/Photo Editing app - seems to do just about everything and whilst that may not be the pull it's intuitive and good looking interface certainly is.

Pretty recent install but one that is invaluable with the start of the European Football (Soccer) Seasons is LiveScore - does just that live scores for football (and tennis, basketball & ice hockey). Clear, simple no bloat - spot on up to a few seconds!

For Twitter Tweet Lanes is very sharp, full featured, grabbing it now (in beta but solid) will give you a lifetime free licence - I put all the other Twitter apps aside pretty quickly so that free licence is actually looking worthwhile.:D

cpaight

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I just started using Notification Toggle, which lets you put your toggle switches right in the dropdown notification menu instead of on a home screen.

Also tried XenoAmp ([APP][2.3.3+] XenoAmp - A Slightly Different Audio Player - xda-developers) an insteresting music player, but didn't really work for me since I don't keep my music on my phone and it can't pull from the Play Music cloud.

I actually like Scope alot, just wish you could add Google+ accounts....and agree about Flipboad. Added that right after it was ripped for Android and love it.

Other than that, just some modded apps, like a dark-themed Dropbox.

Majic Gobble

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
P. S voice to text is horrible what's the point of it if you have to make so many auto corrections yourself, smh

I tried a couple different virutal assistants:
Speaktoit Assistant
EVA Virtual Assistant
Both were not very good IMO. Not worth replacing S-voice and not even close to Siri.

Check out AIVC for an assistant.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo