Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default What new apps have you tried lately?

Just wanted to get an on going thread started about what app you have tried the past week
    during this past week I have tried scope beta which is a facebook app and also works for tumbler twitter and instagram but have since deleted it because the interface is horrible there is no option to change the ui theme I will possibly try again later because now it is in beta mode so maybe an option will be added later to change the look of the app

As well as an app called screeblr which is a decent alternative to smart stay which doesn't work in the dark

As well as wall base for wallpapers what I learned about in another thread on this forum

I'm interested learning about what you have you been downloading this past week as well andy sure to let us know if you find any cool apps anytime

P. S voice to text is horrible what's the point of it if you have to make so many auto corrections yourself, smh

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    Last edited by Soundtrack to Chaos; 08-20-2012 at 12:13 PM.
    Android is a tune up sports car with custom interior, sound system, and IOS is a stock model benz

I use Android, because unlike IOS, i keep my apps in app drawers, and not infinitely cluttered homescreens

Default Re: What new apps have you tried lately?

a password generator app - had to create a password at work. 12 digits, at least 1 uppercase, 1 lower, 1 number & 1 symbol. how secure?!

ski safari
    dead trigger
    guess that song - 2 player songpop

Quote Originally Posted by ihatepineapple View Post
    I had to give up on SongPop. It didn't hold my interest long enough for me to memorize what I didn't know, plus I don't listen to the radio. Everyone I know figured out the trick to beating me was to consistently pick categories where I have no chance, e.g. Today's Hits. Even when I play random strangers, that always seems to be their category of choice.

Right now I'm liking Wave Control. It just uses the proximity sensor to control music playback. I was using Sensor Music Player but didn't like being limited to using their player. I think Wave Control will work better for me in the end because I switch between my music, Pandora and a podcast app while in the car. When I leave the target app setting to default, it controls almost any media player I currently have open and am using. The free version is working fine for me so far. The paid version is $2.99 and has a couple more features I could make use of so I'm close to going that route soon.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by ihatepineapple View Post
    a password generator app - had to create a password at work. 12 digits, at least 1 uppercase, 1 lower, 1 number & 1 symbol. how secure?!

ski safari
    dead trigger
    I've heard about dead trigger, how does it run on the GS3?

Android is a tune up sports car with custom interior, sound system, and IOS is a stock model benz

I use Android, because unlike IOS, i keep my apps in app drawers, and not infinitely cluttered homescreens

Loving Enhanced Exchange to replace stock ics email app. Jump is a good Splashtop alternative that allows you to use an external mouse. (Droid Maxx)

Quote Originally Posted by Soundtrack to Chaos View Post
    I've heard about dead trigger, how does it run on the GS3?

Dead Trigger runs great for me on my GS3. At least as good as a touch interface, first person shooter can control that is.

Takes some getting used to, but is a blast to play.

I am glad to see Jetpack Joyride finally make its Android debut. Have only seen it in the Amazon Market so far, but it is an outstanding game that I loved on iOS.

I have also been enjoying Flipboard. I just love the flipping animations while browsing. Well done interface.
    hakoreh likes this.

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

yeah im not really a gamer and defo not usualy into shooters but Dead Trigger on the s3 is amazing. turn off the crappy music and put earbuds in and its pretty submersive. nice stereo sound effects

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

Appy Geek is a nice app for tech news. it notifies you of breaking news if u want
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    1,857 Global Posts
    ROM
    TeamSonicFreeGS3 v9.1

Llama... all for setting profiles. Much better in terms of ui then tasker and had same functionality except this one is more location based.

Widget locker. Absolutely amazing. Using jelly bean theme with a lot more quick picks than camera, Google, and unlock.

Wolfram alpha. So intelligent. Lol

Thanked by:
    sg01 

ROM
    CM7.2 / Incredikernel

Never thought I would find another file explorer that I would use more than Root Explorer.
    Thanked by 3:
    IcerC, SamOliver, Maya and 1 others like this.

Popup notifications thanks to a suggestion from someone here. Works great for SMS pop ups on the lock screen.

I tried a couple different virutal assistants:
    Speaktoit Assistant
    EVA Virtual Assistant
    Both were not very good IMO. Not worth replacing S-voice and not even close to Siri.

Aquamail about two weeks ago and I am sold.

Starting to get into Flipboard.
    Current Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - AT&T
    Motorola Moto X - unlocked GSM
    Samsung Galaxy Note 8 - LTE AT&T
    Apple iPad Mini Retina - 32GB LTE
    Just a cool guy

ROM
    Unrooted with Nova Prime

Quote Originally Posted by 06cbrf4i View Post

Never thought I would find another file explorer that I would use more than Root Explorer.
    Holy crap! Awesome find. This app is fantastic.

Global Posts
    1,857 Global Posts
    ROM
    TeamSonicFreeGS3 v9.1

I'm rooted but I have no idea what these are actually used for. If I'm not editing any files do I need this?

Last edited by Tkbredx; 08-20-2012 at 11:37 PM.

Same. Never thought I'd replace Root Explorer, but after using Solid Explorer it's clear that Root Explorer has finally met its match. Better aesthetics, more functionality, and the ability to drag and drop between two side-by-side panels. Awesome.

ROM
    CM7

seems a very well thought out Camera/Photo Editing app - seems to do just about everything and whilst that may not be the pull it's intuitive and good looking interface certainly is.

Pretty recent install but one that is invaluable with the start of the European Football (Soccer) Seasons is - does just that live scores for football (and tennis, basketball & ice hockey). Clear, simple no bloat - spot on up to a few seconds!

For Twitter Tweet Lanes is very sharp, full featured, grabbing it now (in beta but solid) will give you a lifetime free licence - I put all the other Twitter apps aside pretty quickly so that free licence is actually looking worthwhile.

Zello Walkie Talkie, it is a push to talk app. Seems pretty good so far, my only complaint is how long it takes to connect before I can talk sometimes

Global Posts
    110 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Razorblade1337 View Post
    Zello Walkie Talkie, it is a push to talk app. Seems pretty good so far, my only complaint is how long it takes to connect before I can talk sometimes
    Have you tried Voxer? It's a good walkie app.

Global Posts
    110 Global Posts

I just started using Notification Toggle, which lets you put your toggle switches right in the dropdown notification menu instead of on a home screen.

Also tried XenoAmp () an insteresting music player, but didn't really work for me since I don't keep my music on my phone and it can't pull from the Play Music cloud.

I actually like Scope alot, just wish you could add Google+ accounts....and agree about Flipboad. Added that right after it was ripped for Android and love it.

Other than that, just some modded apps, like a dark-themed Dropbox.

Quote Originally Posted by Soundtrack to Chaos View Post
    P. S voice to text is horrible what's the point of it if you have to make so many auto corrections yourself, smh

Quote Originally Posted by jneusch View Post
    I tried a couple different virutal assistants:
    Speaktoit Assistant
    EVA Virtual Assistant
    Both were not very good IMO. Not worth replacing S-voice and not even close to Siri.
    Check out AIVC for an assistant.

smooth as far as I can see so far. its what you'd expect of an fps game on a phone really!
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  

Quote Originally Posted by cpaight View Post
    I just started using Notification Toggle, which lets you put your toggle switches right in the dropdown notification menu instead of on a home screen.

Also tried XenoAmp () an insteresting music player, but didn't really work for me since I don't keep my music on my phone and it can't pull from the Play Music cloud.

I actually like Scope alot, just wish you could add Google+ accounts....and agree about Flipboad. Added that right after it was ripped for Android and love it.

Other than that, just some modded apps, like a dark-themed Dropbox.
    Just tried notification toggle and un installed it, it was just like a second set of icons that mostly duplicate the stock notification icons you get

I guess it requires root to replace the actual stock drop down bar

Quote Originally Posted by cpaight View Post
    Have you tried Voxer? It's a good walkie app.
    Try tikl ptt as well. I found it's rather quick.

Global Posts
    110 Global Posts

I just liked having the switches in the dropdown bar as oppsed to having a widget taking up space on the homescreen...personal preference I suppose.

A second vote for Llama. Very interesting app. You can come up with all sorts of actions. There's a thread in the apps section about it.
    Galaxy Note 3 & Nexus 7 (16 GB)

If I helped you or you like what I said, hit "Thanks" or "Like".
    Tkbredx likes this.

Global Posts
    249 Global Posts

i've got:
    Flightradar24 pro - tracks flights
    Endomondo pro - tracks your workout
    0800 wizard - cuts out paying for 0800 numbers and uses free minutes instead
    imediashare - put a youtube video on your tv through dlna
    Libra - uploads weight values
    Music and Video - Downloads youtube clips
    ubiCabs - Great for getting taxis around London
    2x client - remote login to your computer
    Subcard - so i can get points from Subway without having to remember my card
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast