Touchwiz vs Vanilla

bgl321

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Download apex launcher and make.it.ir default
you can disable touchwiz and it will look jiust like stoxk jb.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Tapatalk 2

I can't disable Touchwiz when running apex or nova. The "outside" looks like stock but within the system menus it is still touchwiz. Are you talking about doing this if rooted? Sorry if this is sounds like a dumb question but I've never rooted/flashed rom (don't even know what a rom is :)).

the1m.polo

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
Imho...since your wife is not tech savvy touch wiz might be better than vanilla jb. Touch wiz imo tries to put a human face over Lloyd:D

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

Was gonna say the same thing... If it's not a nexus its not vanilla its French vanilla... You will probably have more issues flashing stuff... that may be ok for you or anyone on this forum... But its for the wifey so just give it to her as is....imo.. TouchWiz has plenty of features to offer her also... I'd love JB but until a Rom that keeps the video feature and motion features of TouchWiz comes out... I'll wait.. Vanilla is soley preference if she likes it and doesn't complain I personally wouldn't even waste time flashing it...

Sent from my GS3....

Splange

May 5, 2012
Visit site
Hi,
Can you comment on how the Touchwiz Jellybean on your S3 has changed since Touchwiz ICS, if any? Are there any features like scrolling docks, folder options, resizeable widgets, etc. like other launchers offer? :) Can't wait to try JB, and like ICS with Touchwiz on my S3 enough, but have been hoping for some of the features available in launchers like Nova, Apex, etc. Can't stand the way a folder looks in touchwiz!:)

By the way, anyone happen to know if Nova or Apex and apps like minimal text or simple text are/will be compatible with Jellybean?

Thanks!

As far as folders, there was an article here a few days ago on touchwiz jb features. It said you could select the app you want to put in a folder and drag it to the top to create a new folder in its place.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Android Central Forums

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
As far as folders, there was an article here a few days ago on touchwiz jb features. It said you could select the app you want to put in a folder and drag it to the top to create a new folder in its place.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Android Central Forums
+1

Dhendy91

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
Hi,
Can you comment on how the Touchwiz Jellybean on your S3 has changed since Touchwiz ICS, if any? Are there any features like scrolling docks, folder options, resizeable widgets, etc. like other launchers offer? :) Can't wait to try JB, and like ICS with Touchwiz on my S3 enough, but have been hoping for some of the features available in launchers like Nova, Apex, etc. Can't stand the way a folder looks in touchwiz!:)

By the way, anyone happen to know if Nova or Apex and apps like minimal text or simple text are/will be compatible with Jellybean?

Thanks!

They have changed the folders and the folder animation but no scrolling dock I'm afraid. I really like the fact that if you are moving around you widgets the ui moves the icons for you makes things so much easier

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

gabead

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Back in the day most people would have told you to drop touchwiz and go with a ROM, but Samsung has done such a good job with this version I believe some people are sticking with it. The only thing I would change about touchwiz is the grey signal and time clock at the top.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa