Battery performance??

AlexJH1992

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
I charge my phone overnight (8 hours) every night, I wake up at 6am and travel to work and my phone stays locked up at work until I leave around 6pm, battery is still on 88 percent. I then will use the phone constantly and the battery will die around 8pm, is that right? What's everybody else's battery performance??
Thanks
Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

FunkMasterJoe

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
That sounds pretty quick to drop 88%. Mines about to die but I'm 20 hours off battery and 4 hours and 45 minutes of screen time. Were you playing battery heavy games for those 2 hours?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII

AlexJH1992

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
I usually go on twitter for a while and send a few texts and a few 10 minute calls, my battery seems to drain really quick

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
something sounds very wrong there man. have u checked what apps are using a lot off battery after work? how high is your screen brightness?

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
something sounds very wrong there man. have u checked what apps are using a lot off battery after work? how high is your screen brightness?

the screen truly is a hog. I wonder which uses more power LCD or amoled.

With brightness on 100 and heavy use you could very easily die from 3 hours of use

CaneToad

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I take mine off charge about 6:30 am and check fb and flipboard emails etc for about 60 minutes through the day and send a few txts etc.I may make a 30 minute call on the way home. On a good day I have 60% left at 9pm and on a bad day like today with a few phone calls its at 36%

javier180

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
Here is some good advice dude. When you have an available wifi connection, use that instead of 4G. Your mobile connection uses up way more battery than wifi. I had my phone locked for 2 hours and it used up 2% only on wifi. I should check facebook and email for like 5 mins too. Also try disabling apps you dont use in Application manager. Keep Bluetooth off if you have it on. Heck, try disabling some transition effects in the developers menu.

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Something that you can do... Download GSM Battery Monitor. It gives you a better breakdown of what is eating away at your battery. Instead of just saying "Android System" like the stock battery monitor, when you GSM will show what apps in Android System are consuming battery as well as percentages of everything else.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
the screen truly is a hog. I wonder which uses more power LCD or amoled.

With brightness on 100 and heavy use you could very easily die from 3 hours of use

it depends what colours youre viewing. amoled uses no power to display black, its not backlit, so in general it should use less power. save a lot of power on sites like this by using the "invert colours" toggle. its in widgets :) screen is always the biggest drain though and surface area of the s3 screen is pretty big

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar