Anyone prefer the stock weather widget over others?

jlrogersTN

Aug 28, 2012
Visit site
I was using the stock weather widget until I noticed the current weather conditions displayed were WAY off from actual temps. I deleted the widget and replaced it with National Weather Service widget. It works MUCH better!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I tried Animated Weather widget because it worked with Nova, but I recently switched bak to TW again (at least for now) and I forgot how much I really like the stock weather widget. I also tried Weather Channel's widget and liked it, but not as much as stock.

NikOnJava

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
If I change the stock weather widget, will I lose it? It does not appear in Apps->Widgets.

I changed the stock home wallpaper and do not see it listed in Wallpapers. and so wanted to check before changing the weather widget. I wish it were transparent.

pank

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
I really like the stock weather as well but recently have been using Beautiful widgets. I just think it looks a bit cleaner if you remove the background in the options (at least for now,

probably switch back and forth)...

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-12-04-16-29-19.png
    Screenshot_2012-12-04-16-29-19.png
    438.9 KB · Views: 26

NikOnJava

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I really like the stock weather as well but recently have been using Beautiful widgets. I just think it looks a bit cleaner if you remove the background in the options (at least for now,

probably switch back and forth)...

Thanks, that looks cool. How would you switch back to the stock widget? I did not see it in Widgets ....

NikOnJava

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I bit the bullet and changed the stock weather widget. I really wanted to like it but I wish it were transparent so you can see the wallpaper. This is what I changed to using One More Clock Widget.

Attachments

• Screenshot.png
    Screenshot.png
    414.4 KB · Views: 14

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Since upgrading, I've been digging the stock weather widget with the stock 'Windy weather' live wallpaper. Will definitely be keeping this set-up through the long dark frigid & snowy wintry months, up here in the frozen tundra of the northern plains ? coz I dig the cool lightening & thunder; the dark blowing tempests; the rain, the snow, the hail; the tumultuous clouds & changing wind speeds ? and especially how the rain runs down on the inside of the GS3's samoled display, and how the snowflakes slowly fall with several varied snowflake sizes.
Moreover, through all the changing weathers . . it's pretty Skookum, imho, how the stock weather widget & the stock 'Windy weather' live wallpaper, weather it be snow or rain (pun intended) always sync-up almost simultaneously. :cool:

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
The Stock was nyce, but I don't like Accuweather (not 100% accurate and up to date in all places) and I wanted mine to fit my wallpaper

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
The stock is useless since it won't display the wild chill (feels like) condition.
Not if you're hearing it on the radio and/or seeing it on the tele in the early morn, or whenever you're heading out. I guess it just depends on how badly one thinks they really need to see wind speed & wcf on their home screen. With accu-wea you can easily get the wind speed & wcf by tapping 'More'.

Besides, we also get all weather & wind speed & wind chill factors?on our vehicles built-in GPS NAV DVD radio/stereo units.

mssca

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
Not if you're hearing it on the radio and/or seeing it on the tele in the early morn, or whenever you're heading out. I guess it just depends on how badly one thinks they really need to see wind speed & wcf on their home screen. With accu-wea you can easily get the wind speed & wcf by tapping 'More'.

Besides, we also get all weather & wind speed & wind chill factors?on our vehicles built-in GPS NAV DVD radio/stereo units.
When I am in Uni, I don't actually have access to radio/TV but I do have access to Internet all the time through my phone and/or at computer labs. But when I am running home from school, it would be nice if I can check the wind chill.

In Canada -20 C can have a windchill of -30 C hence I have to go to the locker and get the better jacket. I think this is a huge oversight on Samsung and Google OS development. I am in Geology and Computer Science and I am sure my prof would give a grade of C+ if I hand in a code for weather weight for an assignment with no windchill.

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
When I am in Uni, I don't actually have access to radio/TV but I do have access to Internet all the time through my phone and/or at computer labs. But when I am running home from school, it would be nice if I can check the wind chill.

In Canada -20 C can have a windchill of -30 C hence I have to go to the locker and get the better jacket. I think this is a huge oversight on Samsung and Google OS development. I am in Geology and Computer Science and I am sure my prof would give a grade of C+ if I hand in a code for weather weight for an assignment with no windchill.
All excellent points. ;) I would give that a grade of A - .
In fact, after I posted my reply above . . it dawned on me that you might be a student.

NikOnJava

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Since upgrading, I've been digging the stock weather widget with the stock 'Windy weather' live wallpaper. Will definitely be keeping this set-up through the long dark frigid & snowy wintry months, up here in the frozen tundra of the northern plains ? coz I dig the cool lightening & thunder; the dark blowing tempests; the rain, the snow, the hail; the tumultuous clouds & changing wind speeds ? and especially how the rain runs down on the inside of the GS3's samoled display, and how the snowflakes slowly fall with several varied snowflake sizes.
Moreover, through all the changing weathers . . it's pretty Skookum, imho, how the stock weather widget & the stock 'Windy weather' live wallpaper, weather it be snow or rain (pun intended) always sync-up almost simultaneously. :cool:

hmmm... My S3 came with stock Accuweather widget on home screen and it always shows one sunny rural area wallpaper even it is dark and raining outside. :) I did not see anything in settings that will change the picture per change in weather. My earlier HTC Evo used to make it rain or snow on the screen to reflect the outside weather. Did not see it in S3.

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
hmmm... My S3 came with stock Accuweather widget on home screen and it always shows one sunny rural area wallpaper even it is dark and raining outside. :) I did not see anything in settings that will change the picture per change in weather. My earlier HTC Evo used to make it rain or snow on the screen to reflect the outside weather. Did not see it in S3.
You have to use the 'Windy weather' live wallpaper. As far as I know, it's the only (stock) LW that says in it's sub-title: "Reflects the current weather via a windmill scene". Therefore, ever since I first set things up?I've only used the 'Weather 4x2' widget with the 'Windy weather' LW.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non