Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Anyone prefer the stock weather widget over others?

I really like the stock weather as well but recently have been using Beautiful widgets. I just think it looks a bit cleaner if you remove the background in the options (at least for now,

probably switch back and forth)...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Anyone prefer the stock weather widget over others?-screenshot_2012-12-04-16-29-19.png  

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by pank View Post
    I really like the stock weather as well but recently have been using Beautiful widgets. I just think it looks a bit cleaner if you remove the background in the options (at least for now,

probably switch back and forth)...
    Thanks, that looks cool. How would you switch back to the stock widget? I did not see it in Widgets ....

ROM
    Stock

I bit the bullet and changed the stock weather widget. I really wanted to like it but I wish it were transparent so you can see the wallpaper. This is what I changed to using One More Clock Widget.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Anyone prefer the stock weather widget over others?-screenshot.png  

ROM
    Stock: Unrooted

Since upgrading, I've been digging the stock weather widget with the stock 'Windy weather' live wallpaper. Will definitely be keeping this set-up through the long dark frigid & snowy wintry months, up here in the frozen tundra of the northern plains – coz I dig the cool lightening & thunder; the dark blowing tempests; the rain, the snow, the hail; the tumultuous clouds & changing wind speeds — and especially how the rain runs down on the inside of the GS3's samoled display, and how the snowflakes slowly fall with several varied snowflake sizes.
    Moreover, through all the changing weathers . . it's pretty Skookum, imho, how the stock weather widget & the stock 'Windy weather' live wallpaper, weather it be snow or rain (pun intended) always sync-up almost simultaneously.

I use HD Widgets.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

The Stock was nyce, but I don't like Accuweather (not 100% accurate and up to date in all places) and I wanted mine to fit my wallpaper

Global Posts
    2,989 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

The stock is useless since it won't display the wild chill (feels like) condition.
    http://sanuja.com | SGH-I747M

ROM

Quote Originally Posted by mss-ca View Post
    The stock is useless since it won't display the wild chill (feels like) condition.
    Not if you're hearing it on the radio and/or seeing it on the tele in the early morn, or whenever you're heading out. I guess it just depends on how badly one thinks they really need to see wind speed & wcf on their home screen. With accu-wea you can easily get the wind speed & wcf by tapping 'More'.

Besides, we also get all weather & wind speed & wind chill factors—on our vehicles built-in GPS NAV DVD radio/stereo units.

I now use (and purchased!) HD Widgets! Real nice!!

Global Posts
    2,989 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

Quote Originally Posted by winmod21 View Post
    Not if you're hearing it on the radio and/or seeing it on the tele in the early morn, or whenever you're heading out. I guess it just depends on how badly one thinks they really need to see wind speed & wcf on their home screen. With accu-wea you can easily get the wind speed & wcf by tapping 'More'.

Besides, we also get all weather & wind speed & wind chill factors—on our vehicles built-in GPS NAV DVD radio/stereo units.
    When I am in Uni, I don't actually have access to radio/TV but I do have access to Internet all the time through my phone and/or at computer labs. But when I am running home from school, it would be nice if I can check the wind chill.

In Canada -20 C can have a windchill of -30 C hence I have to go to the locker and get the better jacket. I think this is a huge oversight on Samsung and Google OS development. I am in Geology and Computer Science and I am sure my prof would give a grade of C+ if I hand in a code for weather weight for an assignment with no windchill.
    http://sanuja.com | SGH-I747M

ROM

Quote Originally Posted by mss-ca View Post
    When I am in Uni, I don't actually have access to radio/TV but I do have access to Internet all the time through my phone and/or at computer labs. But when I am running home from school, it would be nice if I can check the wind chill.

In Canada -20 C can have a windchill of -30 C hence I have to go to the locker and get the better jacket. I think this is a huge oversight on Samsung and Google OS development. I am in Geology and Computer Science and I am sure my prof would give a grade of C+ if I hand in a code for weather weight for an assignment with no windchill.
    All excellent points. I would give that a grade of A - .
    In fact, after I posted my reply above . . it dawned on me that you might be a student.
    mssca likes this.

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by winmod21 View Post
    Since upgrading, I've been digging the stock weather widget with the stock 'Windy weather' live wallpaper. Will definitely be keeping this set-up through the long dark frigid & snowy wintry months, up here in the frozen tundra of the northern plains – coz I dig the cool lightening & thunder; the dark blowing tempests; the rain, the snow, the hail; the tumultuous clouds & changing wind speeds — and especially how the rain runs down on the inside of the GS3's samoled display, and how the snowflakes slowly fall with several varied snowflake sizes.
    Moreover, through all the changing weathers . . it's pretty Skookum, imho, how the stock weather widget & the stock 'Windy weather' live wallpaper, weather it be snow or rain (pun intended) always sync-up almost simultaneously.
    hmmm... My S3 came with stock Accuweather widget on home screen and it always shows one sunny rural area wallpaper even it is dark and raining outside. :-) I did not see anything in settings that will change the picture per change in weather. My earlier HTC Evo used to make it rain or snow on the screen to reflect the outside weather. Did not see it in S3.

ROM

Quote Originally Posted by NikOnJava View Post
    hmmm... My S3 came with stock Accuweather widget on home screen and it always shows one sunny rural area wallpaper even it is dark and raining outside. :-) I did not see anything in settings that will change the picture per change in weather. My earlier HTC Evo used to make it rain or snow on the screen to reflect the outside weather. Did not see it in S3.
    You have to use the 'Windy weather' live wallpaper. As far as I know, it's the only (stock) LW that says in it's sub-title: "Reflects the current weather via a windmill scene". Therefore, ever since I first set things up—I've only used the 'Weather 4x2' widget with the 'Windy weather' LW.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by GrooveRite View Post
    yeahhh ^5!! :d
    I agree with the stock.
    SUCCESS IS MY ONLY OPTION...FAILURE IS NOT !!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12