Anyone prefer the stock weather widget over others?

asr10 user

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
Just wondering if anyone likes the regular weather widget like I do. I havent found a good replacement yet, I like how it shows actual location and can refresh the weather quickly.

jam4775

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
I keep going back to the weather.com app. I like its 4x1 widget and how it shows a couple days out and severe weather alerts.

Bbeelzebub

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
I like the stock one, but I wish it was transparent. A couple times for some reason mine went transparent and it looked really cool.

I've since switched to SimiClock with Weather as I like the simplicity of it and it always gets my location correct unlike the stock widget. I'll probably try aWeather from the play store next.

Last edited:

camiller

Oct 23, 2009
Visit site
Iv been using 3D Digital Weather Clock I havnt finished tweaking it but apparently you can assign apps to launch when tapping certain areas (hour and min on the clock) of the widget. Which I kind of find nifty since I am not giving up all of that real estate to something that is visual only.

I don't know if this will be my permanent choice, but I like it so far.

cjsmoove

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I use the stock one as well, only thing is the occasional lag when switching screens which I hope is fixed on the next update or Jelly Bean which ever comes first.:cool:

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I use the stock one as well, only thing is the occasional lag when switching screens which I hope is fixed on the next update or Jelly Bean which ever comes first.:cool:

I agree. Whenever you go to your home screen, the widget flips and causes the screen to temporarily lag. No biggie to me but I can see that being annoying and/or nuisance to others.

snork

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
I use the Go Weather EX widget. I don't like most weather widgets and don't use the stock widget because it takes up 8 spaces, go weather has a nice 4x1 that I use and gives me weather conditions, temperature and clock.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
I use the Go Weather EX widget. I don't like most weather widgets and don't use the stock widget because it takes up 8 spaces, go weather has a nice 4x1 that I use and gives me weather conditions, temperature and clock.

off topic but i love the Go Calender widget with transparency theme :)

KreepyKen

Just a cool guy
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
I've been using HD Widgets. There are several I like, but I think HD Widgets gives a better data rundown when you tap the widget.