South Korean court rules Samsung didn't copy iPhone

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
i dont like any of these court battles regardless who wins

why should a court decide what i can buy

the reason i will never and forever buy any apple products is they wont let me use these devices how i want and they fighting in court reinforces my decisions

i wish samsung luck and hope apple begins to rot

Blame Samsung. They were offered a license and decided to fight instead.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Blame Samsung. They were offered a license and decided to fight instead.

I'm glad Samsung decided to fight. You must stand up to bullies (Apple).Samsung is one of the only companies that can actually stop Apple. I'm proud of them for standing up to the big man even if they lost.

The only other company that can put an end to this bull is really Microsoft or Google themselves

walcolm

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
Samsung just got hit with a $1billion liability in favor of apple

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
aparently Motorola mobility (now owned by google) are planning a suit against apple though which basicly means google using its nukes and the patents they own are basic to how a phone works "i think" so this could be the monster that is google fimaly rising from her lair. correct me if im wrong please anyone, i just read little bits here and there :)

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
aparently Motorola mobility (now owned by google) are planning a suit against apple though which basicly means google using its nukes and the patents they own are basic to how a phone works "i think" so this could be the monster that is google fimaly rising from her lair. correct me if im wrong please anyone, i just read little bits here and there :)

Google will carefully rethink their strategy after this. If they go after apple, apple will use their entire patent portfolio against all of google's products. Needless to say, Google would not risk the loss of any of their core business, or android itself being taken down, when they know they can negotiate a license with apple.

After the verdict, the legal landscape is very very different.

Scythe55

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
I dunno. Google may just decide enough is enough and start slapping Apple around.

I guess my main beef is that some of this stuff should have never been given a patent in the first place. Software patents are bad for everyone.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I dunno. Google may just decide enough is enough and start slapping Apple around.

I guess my main beef is that some of this stuff should have never been given a patent in the first place. Software patents are bad for everyone.

Googles patent arsenal is not strong enough to take on apple directly. The majority of Motorola's patents are SEPs, and are useless for this kind of situation.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Google will carefully rethink their strategy after this. If they go after apple, apple will use their entire patent portfolio against all of google's products. Needless to say, Google would not risk the loss of any of their core business, or android itself being taken down, when they know they can negotiate a license with apple.

After the verdict, the legal landscape is very very different.

yeah ur probably right mate. think we all agree its a sad day for mobile tech though? :(

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
How Apple's victory over Samsung will affect you: The good and the bad | Digital Trends

Good article on how this Apple victory will affect us.

Damn I wish Google would come in and save us
great read man thanks. the bit about "apple single handedly started the smartphone industry" gave me a laugh lol. my old Nokia Symbian s60 blew the 1st iphone out the water :)
man im really gona miss finger gestures... using our fingers to manipulate things is a completely human trait! i didnt hate apple until now! now its war! i just hope motorola have enough strong patents up their sleeve to call a truce if thats possible

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
great read man thanks. the bit about "apple single handedly started the smartphone industry" gave me a laugh lol. my old Nokia Symbian s60 blew the 1st iphone out the water :)
man im really gona miss finger gestures... using our fingers to manipulate things is a completely human trait! i didnt hate apple until now! now its war! i just hope motorola have enough strong patents up their sleeve to call a truce if thats possible

Apple will license multi touch gestures. They've already made that clear. Samsung apparently didn't feel like paying for them, however.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
theyr gona have to pay but id imagine the cost will be too high :( imagine usin a phone without touch gestures??? il refuse any future update that removes it. the elastic sacroll bounce thing i can live without lol

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995