Long press for recent apps is too long

ChuckeeDroid

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
The long press on the home button takes way too long to pull up the recent app list. The length of the delay time should be an option.

Is there a way to shorten this without rooting?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

aquafusiondane

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
How long does it take you to get the recent app list? It took me 2 sec which it is right for me

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Android Central Forums

Technified

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Maybe it's just your phone cus when I press it it almost comes up instantly.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

jam4775

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Apex launcher does the same thing... I have the recent apps icon docked down at the bottom of my home screen. You find this icon in the Nova or Apex Actions menu.

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
id rather it was one tap for recent apps and double tap for home. maybe jb touchwiz will give us options?

if rather it do both like on web os ;) press home and still have a cards view that didn't take up the entire screen or go over the dock and flick them away as please

ChuckeeDroid

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
Apex launcher does the same thing... I have the recent apps icon docked down at the bottom of my home screen. You find this icon in the Nova or Apex Actions menu.

I've done something similar to this. Apex has an option to set actions to screen gestures. I've mapped the downswipe to show recent apps. This way, I'm not burning a dock slot for this.
This is only a partial solution since I want the ability to show recent apps from within an app to switch between apps quickly. The 2 second delay is waaay too long.
I really think there should be an option to map functions to the hardware button as well as the capacitive buttons. Even the Palm TX (if anyone remembers this...) had this ability.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
I've done something similar to this. Apex has an option to set actions to screen gestures. I've mapped the downswipe to show recent apps. This way, I'm not burning a dock slot for this.
This is only a partial solution since I want the ability to show recent apps from within an app to switch between apps quickly. The 2 second delay is waaay too long.
I really think there should be an option to map functions to the hardware button as well as the capacitive buttons. Even the Palm TX (if anyone remembers this...) had this ability.

so do these gestures work within any app? in that case i may have to give up my beloved go launcher :)

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
ive never tried web os mate but ive heard its good. i remember a rumour samsung were gona buy it lol. someone should

Funny you say that... if Samsung would've bought them they might not have lost to Apple. I would post it but my copying and pasting in all my keyboards is not working. It's on webos nation.com can't miss it

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
i still wonder if theres a way to use the proximity sensor set to low sensetivity as a makeshift capacative button that could be used to trigger task manager (or any quick launch thing we can think of)...

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante