Email Outlook style response?

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I've been using the factory email program and have noticed that when replying to email the response is set up as:

xxxx@xxx.com wrote:

Is there any way to change the response style to a standard Outlook / Exchange style response with a line separating the emails and without that line showing above? This just looks really tacky in my opinion for business usage.

Outlook headers are just a line with the following below:
Sent:
To:
Subject:

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Nobody knows? I find it hard to believe that with Outlook as the deFacto standard for corporate email that the response format isn't in Outlook's format. I was thrilled that the GS3 actually worked with my corporate server (my Droid X couldn't connect) but sending responses that look this tacky is unacceptable.

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I don't use the default email but Enhanced Email has that option.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
I used EE on my Droid X and just reinstalled it on the S3. I was hoping to be able to use the native app but will probably go back to EE full-time again.
Thanks!

glive yahoo

Jun 10, 2012
Visit site
Hi there, have you found an email client for your S3 that emulates Outlook yet ? or are you simply using EE ?? Curious to know that if you are using EE, are you also using EE for your contacts and calendar ??

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
For some reason Touchdown doesn't work on my corporate server. Can't figure out why since native and EE work without an issue. I actually just got notified we are upgrading our current server to Exchange 2010 before the end of the year so maybe Touchdown will work then. In any case, I've realized the native app replies are just like the reply format of the iPhone so I don't think anyone cares about it... :)

bclinger#IM

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Probably a settings issue as I was running on an old system. The problem was related to the type of synch. An email to the Nitro desk is promptly responded to. Now that the latest Exchange serve is being run, Touchdown excels.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zif835