Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By SteveISU
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default The one thing that I wish the S3 had....

There has been ONE thing that I wish the S3 really had. That is mobile digital TV, well maybe an FM radio as well. Living in an area that has SLOW internet for WiFi and almost no cell signal, it is hard to even get a steady stream. But there are plenty of TV and FM stations where I am at. Plus it would not take away any data from our plans for those of us who are not unlimited. I know that there is a Samsung phone on MetroPCS (Or going to be) that has Mobile TV built in already. Why not have it in their flag ship phone as well?

While this may be a little rant, I'm mostly interested to see what others thoughts are on mobile TV on our phones.

Default Re: The one thing that I wish the S3 had....

You could leave the mud hut and join civilization. Just an option.
    cgardnervt likes this.
    Zee

Global Posts
    639 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kjbuente View Post
    There has been ONE thing that I wish the S3 really had. That is mobile digital TV, well maybe an FM radio as well. Living in an area that has SLOW internet for WiFi and almost no cell signal, it is hard to even get a steady stream. But there are plenty of TV and FM stations where I am at. Plus it would not take away any data from our plans for those of us who are not unlimited. I know that there is a Samsung phone on MetroPCS (Or going to be) that has Mobile TV built in already. Why not have it in their flag ship phone as well?

While this may be a little rant, I'm mostly interested to see what others thoughts are on mobile TV on our phones.
    I thought the S3 had an FM radio?

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

Quote Originally Posted by mzanette View Post
    I thought the S3 had an FM radio?
    The international one does I think. Att's version does not. BUT I am sure you can download an app for it? Same with some of the TV items. You can also get a SUB to netflix like I have and Hulu+! I'd look into them if TV is a huge selling point to you. (Also Sprint's may have Sprint TV if the carrier isn't a big deal. But the data connections are just plain bad IMO.)

I always thought all Android Phones/Tablets had FM Radio.

As far as the "TV" thing goes. The Korean S3 variant does have a Antenna for satellite tv or something similar. Unfortunately I hear it is illegal to have a mobile device with that antenna because it uses the same signal as what the US Military uses. This is just a small memory I have from people talking about it on Youtube and other forums.