What is this plus sign icon in the notification bar?

MeNTaIPaTleNT

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Recently this little plus sign icon has been showing up in my notification bar about twice a day. When I pull down the notification bar it disappears. Does anyone know what it is?

Srambo217

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
Looks like an app you installed is causing it. Check the notification settings on any apps you've installed over the last week.

Sent from my rooted/modded/stock Samsung Galaxy SIII using Android Central Forums

Hovik818

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
That usually happens when you have too many things under your notification bar. Clear your bar.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Reactions: drmaf894c

andie93

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Yep... Too many things in the notification dropdown and/or too many icons for them in your status bar. I'm not sure if it's one, the other or both that triggers it (my best guess is that it's the actual icons filling the status bar), but it's basically just telling you to open the dropdown because you have more than what the status bar can show.

Reactions: drmaf894c

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
What does it mean if it has a - rather than a + sign in the box
Sent from my SGH-I747M using Android Central Forums
usualy its advertising from a free app m8. u can opt ot of a lot of advertising but not that type. get "ad network detector" by Lookout. it sans apps + tels u how to opt-out of the ad's

Last edited:

the1m.polo

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
If it's an add download an app called "air push detector" it will find the app causing it.... But looking at the previous screen shot its not that....

Sent from my GS3....

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
ahh just checked the screenshot m8 soz. thats the status bar not notifiation. iv had that icon but cant remember what it is. 2many apps open? nxt time i get it il let u know. its not an ad

Flumme

May 2, 2011
Visit site
In the dropdown menu, yes. But when your notifications are set to "off", you get a little - sign in an arrow when looking at your home screens top left corner.

Darlan Batista

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
usualy its advertising from a free app m8. u can opt ot of a lot of advertising but not that type. get "ad network detector" by Lookout. it sans apps + tels u how to opt-out of the ad's

I had the same problem here with my Galaxy S3. To find out which application is registering the notifications is very simple:
- Expand the notification bar
- Press and hold the undesired notification and wait for the [App Info] button shows up.
- Press the [App Info] and it will show the notification's owner

burch

May 4, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problem here with my Galaxy S3. To find out which application is registering the notifications is very simple:
- Expand the notification bar
- Press and hold the undesired notification and wait for the [App Info] button shows up.
- Press the [App Info] and it will show the notification's owner

It's the data saver feature.

Moeed 135

Nov 12, 2016
Visit site
I am also having a Plus sign in notificatiom bar.I have no idea what is this.Anyone please tell me about this sign,any information will be gracefully accpeted.

(Smartphone : Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge -SM G935FD

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170329-230616.jpg
    Screenshot_20170329-230616.jpg
    220.8 KB · Views: 5

meattray

Trusted Member
Feb 15, 2017
Visit site
I am also having a Plus sign in notificatiom bar.I have no idea what is this.Anyone please tell me about this sign,any information will be gracefully accpeted.

(Smartphone : Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge -SM G935FD

It's the data saver icon.