Jelly bean update

Dhendy91

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
Could someone tell me if we get the update tomrrow?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

No one knows for sure to be honest , it was reported by sam-mobile and they have proven to be pretty reliable when it comes to rumours. but nothing is ever certain!

Bigfire

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Maybe the true question is will the recent verdict delay the new Android software to settle any requirements made by Apple?

Redslumber

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Recovering from a $1 billion loss? I'd say that we're not getting 4.1 anytime soon.

Hopefully we do though, as this is the newest Samsung flagship. :)

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
id say we will get it this week but there may be a few updates in the future to remove the things apple dont wana share like good kids

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
do the rumours say it will be tomorrow GMT or Korean time? i for one will be checking for updates at midnight tonight lol. lets see who gets it 1st :) ive asked a mod if we can have a sticky thread for the GT-I9000 to keep the forum tidyer when we get JB

Jaimeg123prmt

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
ok i wont say it lol :p imagine a stupid magnifying glass icon on the screen???
then its time to root and let the devs do their magic :)

That would be my only choice. Hey, I just read that the s3 wasn't in violation of any of the patents, so I am guessing the update won't remove anything. Well, I hope not, because I love my phone the way it is.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
it sets a precident though. it wasnt universal/local search on the s3 that got banned but they still removed it from s3 via an update (in US)

Jaimeg123prmt

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
What was the local search thing your are speaking of, and was it not removed for international phones?

Ok, after doing some digging around, now I know what you are taking about.

Last edited:

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
an update removed it from my international by mistake but the next one restored it. its handy for finding an app in your phone when u have 100s. a good work-around for US users is to use Google Gesture Search (play store) :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech