Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Movie player made right for s3. Mobo player - must have

I looked for better user expirience movie player. Here it is after long searching the google play: mobo player:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:

Default Re: Movie player made right for s3. Mobo player - must have

MX Player is better IMO. I liked Mobo but then got turned onto MX Player and it's awesome. One of the features I like a lot is the ability to set the adio decoder to software (SW). Some MP4's I have the audio simply will not play with any of the players - the built in and Mobo. With MX Player however I can simply go into Settings -> Decoder (if I recall correctly) then choose SW for audio rendering and then restart the video and it plays perfectly with sound. It also supports more codec formats. And, as with I think Mobo as well, if you slide up and down on the left it controls brightness and if you slide up and down on the right it controls audio volume. Slide left or right and it skips back/forward through the video.

Rev.
    Galaxy S3
    Ubuntu Linux 10.04
    IT Tech
    Thanked by 2:

Global Posts
    1,031 Global Posts
    ROM
    SwampMonster V1.0!!!!!

I'm a big fan of Dice player. I've been using it for quite some time, and it's played everything I've thrown at it.
    Thanked by:

mx player
    Thanked by:
    lshuman and erosinelysium like this.

Act 1 video player
    Thanked by 2:

Personally, I'm a fan of BSPlayer primarily because of its LAN mode. I can browse directly to my NAS and so far I've not had any problems with any video formats playing.

ROM
    AOKP ICS build 38

Used to use Mobo Player but I feel MX is the better player like three people before me mentioned.
    lshuman likes this.

ROM
    Revolution HD

I prefer vplayer.

Quote Originally Posted by droid83 View Post
    Act 1 video player
    I love Act 1 as well. The thing is freaking full of features and customizations.
    "Greetings, people. Greetings. Greetings and salutations. What a beautiful day for a ball game. Let's play two!"

Global Posts
    1,857 Global Posts
    ROM
    TeamSonicFreeGS3 v9.1

I use the stock video player

Any of y'all ever actually try the pop out window? It's pretty cool.

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

im no expert or anythin but i find MX works well with torrents
    lshuman likes this.

dice player, hands down

MX has been my favorite.
    lshuman likes this.

I have been a Mobo fan for some time. Mobo also has soft decode capabilities. For some time, it was the only player which works with RMVB formats.
    I really like the pop up Window feature (scalable) Does any other player have that?

Global Posts
    11,176 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I don't have the S3 but love Mobo for it's pop out window. Use it all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by funkylogik View Post
    im no expert or anythin but i find MX works well with torrents
    This is the smartest reply in this thread! lol

I use weird and strange formats and MX plays them all!! If you're no expert, use something else.
    lshuman likes this.

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts

DicePlayer is the way to go. Hardware acceleration for ALL container formats, not just the OS-approved ones. That means it'll play those 1080p mkvs as smooth as glass.

Global Posts
    55 Global Posts

The Stock player works just fine and it plays everything including .MKV's did you guys even try it before downloading those third party players.
    D.Sandman, MOTH477 and cjsmoove like this.

XBMC even in it's infancy is better IMO of course! Others I like are MX
    EVO 3D - Making Sense of it all...
    Blood Shot Eyes

Quote Originally Posted by Dezolis View Post
    The Stock player works just fine and it plays everything including .MKV's did you guys even try it before downloading those third party players.
    I have and believe me, I tried using it because the last thing I want to have is a crap load of apps on my phone. For some reason, the stock player sometimes didn't play certain Xvid or even AVI or x264 files. Sometimes the audio would be wonky but I think that pertains to the audio being encoded for 5, 6, or 7 channel. I guess that affects the audio. But with MX, that same file that the stock player can't handle, it plays flawlessly. This is why I stick with MX....no hassle or nonsense player! It just plays everything!

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

watched Promethius on MX today and it was a pleasure to use. the way volume and navigation works, the lock that disables all buttons so u can wipe the screen or let a kid use it....

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

took me a while to realise its native brightness level over rides system brightness though lol

Global Posts
    300 Global Posts

I was just thinking the same thing! What's wrong with stock?

Global Posts
    55 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GrooveRite View Post
    I have and believe me, I tried using it because the last thing I want to have is a crap load of apps on my phone. For some reason, the stock player sometimes didn't play certain Xvid or even AVI or x264 files. Sometimes the audio would be wonky but I think that pertains to the audio being encoded for 5, 6, or 7 channel. I guess that affects the audio. But with MX, that same file that the stock player can't handle, it plays flawlessly. This is why I stick with MX....no hassle or nonsense player! It just plays everything!
    Guess I've been lucky it plays everything I throw at it including .WMV's. It's the first stock app I've seen that seems to play everything. With that said MX is the best 3rd party it's the one I was using before I got the S3, and I do have it installed on my S3 just in case the stock went wonky but it hasn't maybe it's using the MX encoding in some way?

Guess I've been lucky it plays everything I throw at it including .WMV's.
    You've either been lucky or simply don't throw too many variable formats at it. I agree though, it does play a ton more than most other stock players - my Droid 2 stock player wouldn't play .mkv but the S3 one does. But I have lots of movies/videos in MP4, MKV, AVI with different codecs (xVid, DivX, etc), and some videos just have some issues with the stock player. The two main things are audio not playing (mostly with MP4's) and audio out of sync issues. None of these problems using MX Player. Plus, if I recall correctly the stock player doesn't have the cool slide up/down on the left/right to control volume and brightness like a lot of other third party vendors do.

Even a single file format like MP4 can has so many variables to the codecs and settings to make things not work across all fronts. For example, with MP4 you can use AAC for the audio or MP3 etc. Avi's can be xVid, DivX, H.264, etc.

Rev.
    Galaxy S3
    Ubuntu Linux 10.04
    IT Tech
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast