worwig

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
It doesn't fit my hand without a case. I have the Verizon case with the built in kickstand. It fits my hand, the kickstand is very handy, and it has protection.
Without a case, I was dropping it often because it is so thin and slick.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
if you were to place your naked g3 on a table, would the table hit the camera glass?
has this scratched the camera before?
i love the naked look but thinking about a case also..

on a completely flat surface the phone will sit at a slight angle because of the camera bump so the camera glass wont be flat on the surface but that was the main worry that made me get a case

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Just picked up a otterbox commuter case. It's a little bulky but adds so much protection. Only thing I don't like is the amount of force necessary to press the power and volume buttons.

pkgear

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
on a completely flat surface the phone will sit at a slight angle because of the camera bump so the camera glass wont be flat on the surface but that was the main worry that made me get a case

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

anyone else have any issue with laying your phone flat, no case, and affecting your camera lens?

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Just picked up a otterbox commuter case. It's a little bulky but adds so much protection. Only thing I don't like is the amount of force necessary to press the power and volume buttons.

This is a common complaint it seems. Mine should be in tomorrow. I opted to return my defender because of the disappointing screen protector, I don't see it being worth the money if I have to punch out the screen protector.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
This is a common complaint it seems. Mine should be in tomorrow. I opted to return my defender because of the disappointing screen protector, I don't see it being worth the money if I have to punch out the screen protector.

I hope it will break in over time and get easier. But for now I just thave to remember to press harder than I usually do.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
I hope it will break in over time and get easier. But for now I just thave to remember to press harder than I usually do.

that would destroy me lol. love a nice responsive screen.
im gona stay a nudist (screen wise) :)
..sorry just realised u mean the buttons not the screen.
try "wave control" for switching on/off (i only use it for "off" :)

bassmig

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Comming from a blackberry I still like my slip case. I lost it (my slip case) earlier this week and I ordered the same one as I had from the UK again. I have a TPU case right now and I hate it.

Here is the link to the case. The case fits my wife's S2 (a bit snug) and the HTC ONE and S3 perfectly. And for under $10 shipped accross an ocean it's not too bad.
PREMIUM PU LEATHER PUL TAB CASE COVER POUCH FOR VARIOUS MOBILE PHONES 13 COLOURS | eBay

I have a Phantom Skin Chromatic over the back and sides (In black metalic wood finish) and I find it adds a nice bit of grip onto the device.
Here is the link to the skin:
Phantom Skinz Chromatics for Samsung Galaxy S3- Colored Protection Film, Cases, Covers

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site

All built im screen protectors are gonna be suckish; punch it out and stick a zagg hd on that bad boy,the Ob Def. will cover up what little the zagg shield doesn't. Its worth it man,the protection and the clarity of it. Well worth it.

Sent from my S3:)

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
All built im screen protectors are gonna be suckish; punch it out and stick a zagg hd on that bad boy,the Ob Def. will cover up what little the zagg shield doesn't. Its worth it man,the protection and the clarity of it. Well worth it.

Sent from my S3:)

I was seriously considering doing this. I have on mine now the spigen nano crystal and it's pretty amazing. I'm sure it doesn't have the protection that ZAGG offers but man it looks good, like not having a screen protector.

Think I may wait a bit, see if I can get the defender for cheap. Was able to get the razr defender case for $11 on Amazon, hopefully I'll come across that again.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Just saw this thread.
Anyhoo mine is naked too,just an blue aluminum back cover on it more for cosmetic appearance then protection .I got the White version of the S3 but with the aluminum back cover I can switch it up whenever I feel like. I kinda like the little bit of added weight it adds to the phone.

rumba101

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I use the Hyperion extended battery as well. There must be a case for the phone with the extended battery but I haven't checked.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

lesorkim

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
I would have gone w/o a case (nekid!) and just a screen protector >>IF<< Samsung had made the side chrome trim knurled. I think the SGS3 looks great nekid, but it is too slippery! I also love how thin it is. Maybe someone can make a set of side stickers for the phone that are sticky. How about that gritty stuff they stick to stairs to make them non slip. Kinda like sandpaper with adheasive on the back. If there were some strips of stuff about 5 x 50 mm for the edge, that might be interesting. I'd still hate to cover up that chrome.

Pachap109

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Order a Zagg Extreme. Completely scratch and break proof so no need for a case! (its a clear protector that covers the whole phone) you should look it up on Zagg.com....it's a life saver...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums