Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree21Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Naked?

Anyone go naked (without case)? I had a case on my iPhone but it was super thin and only came around the sides. It was also a matte finish...

I got a silicone high glass case at the Verizon store because it was cheap and I didn't want to risk cracking the phones back panel. But it adds a little bulk to the phone and isn't as comfortable.

I'm trying to decide between comfortable and the safety of a case

Default Re: Naked?

I go nekked, but I got a Rearth SF matte black case coming to try.

Already a 6 page long thread for this topic:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...t-worried.html

Rev.
    Galaxy S3
    Ubuntu Linux 10.04
    IT Tech
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Sort of. But that thread is asking if you use a screen protector. I was specifically asking if anyone uses a case. But thanks for the link. Lots of interesting responses

I was rocking it nude for a while, but I'm worried about scratching the camera lens when I put it down (don't care too much about the back since you can replace it for cheaper than a case). It also fell out of my pocket this weekend while sitting down (about 1 foot off the ground) face down on some rocks and put a small scratch on the screen! Should've gone with a screen protector. I don't want any bulk and just want to protect from the inevitable scratches so I have the Ringke slim case on order as well as the Xgear spectre for the screen.

You can't baby it enough, something will happen so be ready for it if you don't use protection! The phone is also pretty slippery so I'm hoping this case allows a little more grip with the matte finish.

I have no case right now but ghost Armor on the screen. I am not a fan of cases since they make the phone much thicker usually. I have one on its way that I won on here

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

This is what I have. I like that it has the lip so I can put it face down. But it's not as comfortable and it does a& bulk

Global Posts
    173 Global Posts

Added an Otterbox Commuter to my wife's for more tensile strength to the body. I fear flexing will crack what seems to be relatively thin Gorilla Glass 2 product. Mine?... a simple Incipio silicon with a plastic snap on back to add some rigidity and protect the corners. The latter is very thin, has a good feel (silicon on the holding edges) and makes for a nice firm grip, the buttons are soft and easy (not like the Otterbox), and putting it face down makes it also anti-skid.

I think the phone is too slippery to go naked, so I have my two layer Acase wrapped around it. Was sitting the other day and the phone fell from my pocket, landed face down and the case completely protected it.. not a ding, nick or scratch, so am glad I have it. The extra bulk is no big deal and the naked phone is also a fingerprint magnet.. My $.02
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Well the TPU case I have is high gloss so it's a bit slippery too.

I would love to be able to use this phone naked (wait...that doesn't sound quite right...), but it's just a little too slippery and I paid too much for it to not at least *try* to protect it.

I got a Seidio Active Case for it because I had one for my previous Thunderbolt. It's a little bulkier than some of the other cases I've seen, but also (in my opinion) provides a decent layer of protection. It has nice feel to it, easy to grip, easy to remove. I personally like the 2 layer design of it as well.

They make a version with a kickstand as well...but I haven't tried that.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

The fear is what's keeping the case on my phone. But I've never liked cases.
    BEACH BUM

Global Posts
    1,947 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock : Rooted, Unlocked

I am going "naked", but that is only because I have a Hyperion extended battery.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

I asked my friend what he would do. He has a rezound and doesn't use a case.

He said because I bought the phone full price he would put a case on it to protect the investment. But if I got it with an upgrade then he wouldn't use a case.

I went naked for a month or so but the phone was so slippery and I didn't like the screen laying flat when face down so I put on a Rock "quicksand" case and am really really happy with it. It is not thick at all and feels better than the naked phone. Got for about $12 on amazon.

Global Posts
    11,176 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I think the biggest part to indecision is the fact the phone looks so good without a case. Most times we just like looking at our brand new phones and marveling at it's awesomeness.

It's when you least expect it; drop phone then cussing out yourself and everyone else cause deep down inside you know you should've *wrapped* it up!

I havent gotten my phone yet but believe you me....it will get a case.

Tap'n from my White SGT2 7.0 SE
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

Quote Originally Posted by ScandaLeX View Post
    I think the biggest part to indecision is the fact the phone looks so good without a case. Most times we just like looking at our brand new phones and marveling at it's awesomeness.

It's when you least expect it; drop phone then cussing out yourself and everyone else cause deep down inside you know you should've *wrapped* it up!

I havent gotten my phone yet but believe you me....it will get a case.

Tap'n from my White SGT2 7.0 SE
    That's exactly right

Naked. I keep it in a leather pouch made by Suncase when not in use.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

IMO phone is too slick to go naked. I think it looks great without any case, but not worth the risk. I paid full price for mine so I am even more cautious than I probably would be. Here is what I have:

I have the glacier which looks awesome with my white GS3. It is thicker, but has a great feel that actually makes it feel more comfortable while talking on it and holding it.
    Current Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - AT&T
    Motorola Moto X - unlocked GSM
    Samsung Galaxy Note 8 - LTE AT&T
    Apple iPad Mini Retina - 32GB LTE
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

I'm coming to conclusion that even though it may not be as comfortable its still not worth paying $200 foe a refurbished replacement if I break it

I've got the Rock Quicksand. I got the light gray and it looks good with my white S3. It doesn't look like it will do much in terms of drop protection, but it does look like it'll work to prevent damage from normal day-to-day use. The front bezel is raised enough to keep the screen clear of flat surfaces. The camera cutout has a subtly raised lip and protects the lens cover similarly. It's a slim case and has a nice texture that improves grip.

I had a matte black Diztronic TPU case and while that was more protective, it was a little too slippery for me. I also didn't like how the lip of the case around the bezel (esp near the volume rockers) would flop around and feel like a loose bit of rubberband.

For me, the Rock Quicksand is a good compromise between protection and sleekness.

Global Posts
    31 Global Posts

I have 7 different cases (to fit my mood). Today I have the feather ultra-light hard shell by Incipio on (no bulk whatsoever and pretty great protection). Well, I dropped it not once but TWICE (once on elevator floor and second on concrete) and sadly, got my 1st ding (had my phone since July 9th). I have no idea how it happened but I dented the metal right on top of the charge port opening (can only see it when trying to connect the charger so that's a +)?! Trying to "embrace" the ding as a "character flaw," but as one could imagine from having 7 cases, I suppose I am kinda neurotic about my devices. lol. But the case saved me from possible greater destruction at no bulk expense. Never go NAKED!

Amazon.com: Incipio SA-301 Feather Ultra-Light Hard Shell Case for Samsung Galaxy S3 - 1 Pack - Retail Packaging - Iridescent Purple: Cell Phones & Accessories

To OP of this thread...

This is the thinnest case made for the GS3 period!!!
    I like naked phones and this case is great in my opinion. If you want your phone protected from scratches, scuffs and light drops, this case is awesome...

Samsung OEM GS3 Slim Cover 2 pack pattern cases

Apple's opening court statement...
    "It's easier to copy than Innovate"

Sent from my Innovative Galaxy S3

Global Posts
    48 Global Posts

I don't use a case. I'm pretty careful with my phones though. I will eventually put an OB Commuter on it.

I'm on my 5th gen Android, and I've never had a case for any of them. The only phone I've ever put a case on is my BB 9930, but it's a work phone.
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #25  

Quote Originally Posted by bdmridgback View Post
    To OP of this thread...

This is the thinnest case made for the GS3 period!!!
    I like naked phones and this case is great in my opinion. If you want your phone protected from scratches, scuffs and light drops, this case is awesome...

Samsung OEM GS3 Slim Cover 2 pack pattern cases

Apple's opening court statement...
    "It's easier to copy than Innovate"

Sent from my Innovative Galaxy S3
    Thanks
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast