Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree5Likes

Lightbulb Re: Galaxy S3: Mystery, Reoccuring Notification Sound

Could it be the Accessibility > Notification Reminder Option?

Galaxy S3: Mystery, Reoccuring Notification Sound-screenshots_2014-03-26-09-54-59.png

Default Re: Galaxy S3: Mystery, Reoccuring Notification Sound

Quote Originally Posted by neoblitz1 View Post
    Could it be the Accessibility > Notification Reminder Option?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshots_2014-03-26-09-54-59.png 
Views:	11 
Size:	243.6 KB 
ID:	109459
    Wow, this was the cause on my Note 3. It "mysteriously" started doing this about every 5 minutes or so. It was using the default notification tone. Sure enough, I accidentally turned that on. What the purpose of that is, I HAVE NO IDEA!

Anyway, THANK YOU for posting that. I believe it has solved the mystery.

Thumbs up Re: Galaxy S3: Mystery, Reoccuring Notification Sound

Yes turning off
    Settings / Accessibility / Vision / Notification reminder
    was the answer to the seemly random notifications on my new Galaxy S5.
    It took a long time to discover that this setting was the answer.

Fyi, which sound is used by the above is set at
    Settings / Sound / Notifications ....... I think setting to Temple Bell is fun (for now)

And actually now that I have control of what I thought were random notifications I think the feature may be useful at certain times.

so glad you added your solution! I have the same problem and will look at my yahoo mail account...thank you!

This thread saved my sanity.

Okay, it wasn't that bad, but it was really annoying to be getting that beep-boop ringtone all of the time with no indication of what it meant.

I totally agree with the assessment of Yahoo mail and its settings.

Thanks to everyone who posted these answers. It's still helping two years later, which probably says something about Y! Mail. :-/

Quote Originally Posted by chappo2000 View Post
    Okay.... I'm not sure how anyone is going to actually help me, but I figured I'd share my recent annoyance. For weeks now, when the phone volume is not on vibrate/mute, my phone keeps making a mystery notification sound. The best I can describe it is a two tone ding/dong that lasts about a second. There are no notifications in the notification bar in conjuction with the tone - it happens when I have notifications i haven't addressed and when I don't. It happens when the phone is plugged in and when it's not. It doesn't happen at the same time everyday. Sometimes it happens twice in a span of 20 minutes. It does not happen in conjunction with recieving a text message. It's not related to a low battery. It interrupts listening to music via the stock headphones (music resumes after.) I've checked the standard notification tones and it doesn't match any of the ones listed.

The only way to stop it is to turn my phone to silent/vibrate. I'm thinking the culpret is a rougue app but I have no idea where to begin finding which app it actually is.

Has anyone had an issue like this? I have the Sprint variant.

Thanks for any guidance.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123