can't copy/paste anymore...

b0btech

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
I basically just lost functionality of copy and paste on my s3. not sure why it happened but it's gone, anybody have the same issue? help!

from MY SIII in sunny FL.

gabead

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
This isn't probably a common issue. It probably would just be faster to reset your phone and see if it resolves the issue. You could always do a battery pull and restart the phone to see if that works.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

TrueDrooid

May 22, 2010
Visit site
Which keyboard setup address you using? Just want to be sure I understand...are you trying to copy/paste text that you cans across on a webpage or text that you typed on the device in on of the input boxes?

I remember having a similar issue in the past.. I think I tried switching to another keyboard, typed something then changed it back to the previous keyboard I had been usIng, and it was working fine again. Or I guess u can try rebooting if you haven't yet.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
the latest Firefox browser has added select text to copy and it works really well. just long press screen, move the arrows around and tap the box ;)

b0btech

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Tried switching keyboards then back. Any app I do it with it says messaging not responding after, then you have to hit close due to not responding.

from MY SIII in sunny FL.

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I just started having this problem out of the blue on my sgsIII.

Only a hard reset fixed it since I am not rooted :-(

What could be causing this? I'm thinking Google Chrome since that was the last app I installed before it started happening

GMJeff

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
My at&t GS3 is stock and updated to the latest and my cut / paste works properly. I cut text from the AC widget and pasted it to a S Memo. Worked fine.

Note2 or Note10, that is the question

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
i can only copy from AC app if i hit "quote" and copy from the text input screen.. is that normal?

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

carlt828

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Same here. I've had my S3 about a week and a half and suddenly could not copy/paste. I am using the SwiftKey which I disabled but it still didn't work. Pulling the battery did nothing. I had to factory reset and reload all my apps (glad I had AppMonster Free, saved me a lot of time). Not all my settings transferred back over from my Kies backup but it was close.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
yeah "copy post content"?
i meant i cant copy segments in the usual way without having to press "quote"
just makin sure im normal lol :)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)