Just come over from Blackberry. A few questions...

st_temps

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
I have just come over to the S3 in the last week or so from a Blackberry Torch and so far I am loving this phone. I do have a few questions about settings and apps that were available on the BB and I was wondering if they are available on the S3. Here goes....

Email LED notification - I've found apps like Light flow that enable me to select the colour of the LED for text an email but am I able to set a different colour for each different email account? Also I was able to set an LED notification for apps like Twitter and Facebook. Is there an app available?

Email Blocker - Again, I've found apps that block SMS and phone calls but not an email blocker. Is one available?

Bedside Mode - On the BB I was able to set it so that when I plugged in the power to charge at night it showed the clock full screen, disabled the LED andO:) only played sound notifivations for a phone call. Is this possible on the S3?

I'm sure there will be others that I come across but any help you cqn offer would be fantastic!

Thanks in advance.

walcolm

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
Just use the keywords to search play. I do know theres an led app for android. Can't help you with the others sorry

Came from the 9810 myself:D

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Came over from the Torch 9910 as well. I Light Flow is the closest to Be Buzz.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy S III Handheld Device

st_temps

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
Mant thanks for the replies. Light Flow looks like it's the way to go but do you know if the full version allows you to set a different colour LED notification for each different email account on your phone?

trucky

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
You might want to look at Hush Free for your bedside mode. Ex Blackberry here too and that is one thing I thought I really missed. Hush lets you set a schedule and set levels on different volumes, etc. I just plug my S3 in at night and it turns off everything except the clock.

Fonz0

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
Just came from a BB Bold myself. Lighrflow is the led answer. I have red for work and blue for Gmail so yes the paid version does what you need.

Also. In gplay you can try stuff and refund it if it doesn't meet your needs.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Android Central Forums

jeffreii

CrackBerry Convert
Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
I came from a Torch 9800.

Light Flow is the answer to your BerryBuzz wants.

I use an app called "Bedside" for bedside mode - it does everything I miss from bedside mode on BB -except- disabling LEDs. Thankfully Light Flow has some settings for disabling LEDs.

I can't tell you if Light Flow will do different LEDs for different email accounts as I just use the Gmail app. It supports a ton of apps...with the paid version. Twitter and FB are certainly supported.

Lastly, I have heard that a new "dormant mode" is coming with Jelly Bean (Android 4.1). This will hopefully bring the "bedside mode" functionality to stock Android! We should get it in the next few months.

MrSlippery519

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Lastly, I have heard that a new "dormant mode" is coming with Jelly Bean (Android 4.1). This will hopefully bring the "bedside mode" functionality to stock Android! We should get it in the next few months.

Was just going to post this...that is the answer. Dormant mode will let you completely customize what your phone is doing at a given time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz