Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree10Likes

Default Re: SMS says I have a new message but I do not

Settings -> Application manager -> ALL, scroll down until you find BadgeProvider

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

Thanks a lot Brent Dobbin and j-dogg-69.......I did exactly the way you suggested by going to Application Manager, then All, then Badgeprovider. Then cleared and restarted and Lo......!! It worked. Thanks again !!!

Quote Originally Posted by GSDer View Post
    Settings -> Application manager -> ALL, scroll down until you find BadgeProvider

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4
    My phone says I have a message and I don't. I've tried as much as I can't think of. I don't have a badge provider option in my phone. Anything else I should do?

Quote Originally Posted by spidermeagan View Post
    I don't have a badge provider option in my phone.
    What phone do you have?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

I have a zte radiant. Its a andriod.

Quote Originally Posted by ceekaay View Post
    I had the same problem, but managed to fix it by sending a message to myself and then deleting that message. Dont know how, but it worked!
    Hope it helps, its really annoying when it happens!
    oh... thanks @ceekaay... you finally provided the great solution over here.. what you told, I did it exactly..and seriously the problem has gone away... thanksss..
    what actually everyone should do to get rid of this annoying issue, just scroll down the notification bar from top and then touch to open the text message showing there. Then, you will see that it will open as new compose message looks. Just do what ceekaay said.. that is send one text message to your own number (mind it, the number you are using on that particular phone) and then you will be able to see the text message what was displaying on the notification area and then just hold that message and then delete that message and then you are done!!!

Hope this will help everyone like me who are facing this annoying error...

Thanks everyone.

Factory reset only solution

I'm having the same problem with the LG Optimus L9. Any help?

Posted via Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by Xandir1769 View Post
    Any help?
    Have you read through the previous 57 posts?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Yes, and even sending myself a text message didn't do anything.

Posted via Android Central App

I had this same problem. Download Go SMS and once you install it your previous message will disappear.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123