SMS says I have a new message, but I do not?

littlelotte88

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I have had this phone less than two weeks, had bought one previously but had the infamous crack in the left hand side of the screen and verizon swapped it for a new one.

Now all of a sudden my phone says I have a new text message and I do not. I have deleted all of my messages and even restarted. It will disappear for a bit and then come back.

Any way to fix this? Do I bring it back to verizon?

Thank you!
Erika

littlelotte88

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I don't use a sms app, it is just the messaging app that comes with the phone. I used go sms on my droid x, but love the s3's app.

I just force stopped everything and hope it doesn't happen again

534n

Aug 28, 2012
Visit site
Do you use a SMS backup/restore tool? Deleting text messages using such apps have caused issues in the past.

littlelotte88

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
It just has a "1" notification saying I have a new text message. All text messages are read, and I even deleted all of them and it still has the "1" over the messaging icon.

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
It just has a "1" notification saying I have a new text message. All text messages are read, and I even deleted all of them and it still has the "1" over the messaging icon.

The stock launcher has badge notifications like that? I wasn't aware. Or are you using the plug in for nova out apex? That's what I'm using for apex. And I'm using Handcent so I don't think I can help. Maybe clear cache?

Annie Sherman

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
Erika,

I am having THE EXACT SAME ISSUE...I have a brand new Samsung 3 from ATT. Glad to hear it is not just my phone. But, did you ever get the issue resolved? This person who is chiming in is making it way more complicated than it is:

1. It has a "1" on the app which usually indicates that there is a new message
2. There are no new messages and the "1" never disappears.

I finally had to remove it from my tool bar at the bottom of my screen. Now I only access texts when it is in the app folder since it seems to not have the "1" new message issue there... I have tried restarting, uninstalling (can't do) and I am close to returning the phone.

Ugh... never had as many issues (there are more). Not such a smart phone after all.. :mad:

ceekaay

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problem, but managed to fix it by sending a message to myself and then deleting that message. Dont know how, but it worked!
Hope it helps, its really annoying when it happens!

Brent Dobbin

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
i had the same problem,,, to fix go to application manager and scroll to all. then go to badgeprovider and clear data,,, next restart the phone and it should be gone

Fady Nabhan

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Thanks a lot friend you help me to resolve this problem sms says i have a new sms but i do not and e mail too and when i go to Applications Manager and swio to all and scroll to Badge Provider clear data and restart my s3 device all wrong notifications desapear
thanks for your help

j-dogg_69

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
i had the same problem,,, to fix go to application manager and scroll to all. then go to badgeprovider and clear data,,, next restart the phone and it should be gone

THANK YOU! I had a thread about this problem a few months ago. Had loads of responses, but none worked. This one did though, cheers!

jpv_pdx

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I have a DROID RAZR HD and could not locate "badgeprovider" in my apps. I've tried clearing smspush and even the stock sms app but no result. Do you know what else I could be looking for?

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781