Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By andreasravi
  • 1 Post By johnnyshinta
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Battery life

How do you like your battery life on the gs3? I came from the iPhone 4s which was pretty good on battery. When I bought this phone I siked myself up for awful battery life with its huge screen, faster processor and 4G. I'm actually pleasantly surprised. It's not the best battery life but it's pretty darn good for all the bells and whistles.

I currently have the processor underclocked to 1ghz and have the haptic feedback turned off.

Default Re: Battery life

Battery life on the GS3 can go a solid two days with light use and no gaming or background data apps (BD apps being like news,sports, or other real-time notification sources) and 3-4 calls a day. If you are constantly on it, playing games and doing stuff, expect to charge it every night.

On the other hand, GPS kills the GS3 battery but works very well.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Yeah I use my phone a lot so it doesn't last 2 days. But it's pretty solid battery life.

Overall I'm pretty pleased with the battery life. It's an improvement over the Verizon Thunderbolt that I had before the Verizon S3. Now that I've rooted, unlocked and ROM'd this one, it's even better.

I may even try the underclocking that you're doing. The kernal I'm running allows overclocking up to 1.9 GHz, but I've kept it at a max of 1.5 GHz. It's smooth and I've foiund no need to overclock it. I've thought about underclocking to the 1 GHz you're using to save the battery even more, but I just haven't done it. As long as it wouldn't lag at that speed, I guess I should try it.

Yeah it's pretty good. I get through about a day with 20% left. Overall it's a really good phone otherwise, so even if I didn't have good battery I would still but it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    lv2bsilly likes this.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Not bad. Light to medium usage but still pretty good
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Battery life-uploadfromtaptalk1346649371045.jpg  

Pretty good today

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Battery life-uploadfromtaptalk1346980417463.jpg  
    Android is a tune up sports car with custom interior, sound system, and IOS is a stock model benz

I use Android, because unlike IOS, i keep my apps in app drawers, and not infinitely cluttered homescreens

From my daily routine, I have yet to use my car charger other than a couple of days when I was traveling the day after I purchased it.

Other than that, I take it off at about 5:30am and put it back on the charger at around 11:30pm. I usually have anywhere up to 30% left depending on how my day has gone.

Hey guys but I don't seem to getting two days out of my Samsung S3 for some weird reason. I'm no noob but I've checked all my settings in order to maximize battery life ie. turn wifi on, GPS off and etc.

Here's a screen shot of the battery page so hopefully someone on here can check it out for me and tell me what could possibly be wrong.

Last edited by prynce; 09-06-2012 at 09:17 PM. Reason: I guess the image didn't show up so heres the link... http://imgur.com/Msiwz

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Battery life-uploadfromtaptalk1346984462491.jpg  

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts

i agree, how do you have your settings? i would love to have that kind of battery life. I just got my s3 and i have had it on battery for about 4.5 hrs and i'm already at 23%. what can i do to keep a longer battery life? any tips would be greatly appreciated.
    Luvzmobile

Global Posts
    190 Global Posts

I'm a pretty heavy user and am just happy to get one full day out of a charge!!
    Galaxy S5
    Sony Smartwatch 2
    Nexus 10

Anyone coming from a Razr Maxx able to compare the difference?
    I have the Maxx and have my sites set on getting this phone.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

So far my battery has been averaging about 15 hours or so, I am rooted and slowed the cpu on some apps as well as froze some unused apps.

Samsung Galaxy S3, Tapatalk v2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Battery life-uploadfromtaptalk1347334630214.jpg  
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Still really good!
    Battery life-uploadfromtaptalk1348448399279.jpg

Um how do you guys have such good battery life? Mines on power saving mode, auto sync is off...no bluetooth wifi or GPS on. Screen is brightness is low. And I'm not even at 5 hours.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Android Central Forums
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Battery life-uploadfromtaptalk1348452394197.jpg  

Global Posts
    1,289 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I do have 4G off. 3G only works well for me.
    I use phone info from the market.
    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

battery stats dont reset until youve charged to a certain value.. cant remember what it is but best to charge it 100% then check stats. also usin Gsam app (free) or Better Battery Stats will give a more indepth view.
    my "screen on" is nearly always top muncher even though i have it at 5% brightness but thats just how i use my phone... if i wanted huge standby or call battery life id use a dumb phone

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess
    GT-I9300, UK
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

When I had the thunderbolt i had 4G off. On this phone I can get through a full day on 4G no problem. A big reason for getting this phone was 4G so I don't want to turn it off.

If I don't have 4G signal for a long time with not access to a charger I usually turn off mobile data all together.
    funkylogik likes this.

Loving my battery life

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Battery life-uploadfromtaptalk1348505204981.jpg  

Well if I want my battery to last longer I'd turn off gps, WiFi, bluetooth when I don't need them...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    61 Global Posts

I have my phone switching btwn LTE and 4G, at home I connect to Wi-Fi, I text a lot, play games during my commute or downtime, check twitter and facebook frequently, especially twitter, listen to music a bit, make a few quick calks, web browse and I get about 7.5-8.5 hours out of my battery before it gets down to 5%. Not too bad I suppose. Depends on how much I'm using it, I'll have to charge my phone twice a day.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Android Central Forums
    Just my $0.02 - read it, take it or leave it.

Global Posts
    61 Global Posts

At home I connect to Wi-Fi, I don't have Bluetooth on. I text all day, play games while I commute or on downtime, I listen to music at time, check my Facebook and Twitter frequently, especially my Twitter, I''ll make a few calls, read the news, do a few emails, have emails pushed to my phone. I make a few calls, maybe stream a little radio and I get 7.5-8.5 hours out of my battery. Depending on my usage sometimes I''ll charge the phone twice a day. Not too bad I suppose

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Android Central Forums
    Just my $0.02 - read it, take it or leave it.

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

GPS actualy only uses 0.2% battery running in background btw (cheers for the info Rev m8)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess
    GT-I9300, UK

ROM
    CM10 M1

I'd really like someone to post what they are getting on JB ROMs such as cm10. So far my battery life has been poor on jelly bean ROMs.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums