"Lazy List" file?

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
i really hate to bump a thread 2ce but im sure one of you can explain better than google could. i luv and trust you peeps better ;)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or crazy) guess ;)

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I wish you could like tag people like on Facebook or mention someone like on Twitter. I only know of one person who could answer this and he only lurks the Sprint thread. Lol

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
I wish you could like tag people like on Facebook or mention someone like on Twitter. I only know of one person who could answer this and he only lurks the Sprint thread. Lol

lol ill see if google can enlighten me mate or maybe email the podcast
;)
global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or crazy) guess ;)

kryptonite_2448

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
From Argue For Android :

"What is LazyList on my android SD card?? I have the answer.
OK.
This folder on my sd card called lazy list takes up 70 MB on my 2 GB sd card.
That's a lot of space its taking up. And for a ROM developer 2 GB is not enough.

Well after doing some research and playing around with the files, i figured it out.

Most apps are lazy to go and load everything from the very beginning, especially launchers, they don't feel like going in and figuring out whats on screen 2 or screen 100...1000, so they save it as cache and that cache is stored in the sd card, if their is one. most apps do this to improve performance and decrease load time because they are "Lazy" and that is why its called a "Lazy" List.

Hope this helps to all those people online who are trying to figure out his problem.

To find out which apps do save in this folder, you can just go to your apps in your settings, and click on a random app and it should say cache.........150kb or something like that, that means it has saved cache on the lazy list folder.

Not all apps save cache there. They can save it in a seperate folder called somthing different and having unknown files.

PS:
Man i could use that 70 mega bites though."

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
From Argue For Android :

OK.
That's a lot of space its taking up. And for a ROM developer 2 GB is not enough.

Well after doing some research and playing around with the files, i figured it out.

Most apps are lazy to go and load everything from the very beginning, especially launchers, they don't feel like going in and figuring out whats on screen 2 or screen 100...1000, so they save it as cache and that cache is stored in the sd card, if their is one. most apps do this to improve performance and decrease load time because they are "Lazy" and that is why its called a "Lazy" List.

Hope this helps to all those people online who are trying to figure out his problem.

To find out which apps do save in this folder, you can just go to your apps in your settings, and click on a random app and it should say cache.........150kb or something like that, that means it has saved cache on the lazy list folder.

Not all apps save cache there. They can save it in a seperate folder called somthing different and having unknown files.

PS:

thanks man so its just a cache to speed up stuff but prob' contains a lot of crap from old/uninstalled apps? so what if i just delete the whole damn folder? :) im pretty sure i did it on an old, less expensive/loved phone and it was fine, the phone re-created the folder and gradualy filled it again.
someone else try it 1st lol ;)

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
thanks man so its just a cache to speed up stuff but prob' contains a lot of crap from old/uninstalled apps? so what if i just delete the whole damn folder? :) im pretty sure i did it on an old, less expensive/loved phone and it was fine, the phone re-created the folder and gradualy filled it again.
someone else try it 1st lol ;)

Lol, doesn't seem like it would hurt much but I'm scared too. Haha

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
right im gona do it dammit. want me to screenshot its contents then screenshot it empty or do u trust me mate?

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
......this is what it has justnow...
uploadfromtaptalk1347679989665.jpg

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
right im gona do it dammit. want me to screenshot its contents then screenshot it empty or do u trust me mate?

We've been through too much for me to not trust you man. No screen shots needed. Lol

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
....lmao i selected each file indevidualy instead of just deletin the folder so i could prove its empty... uploadfromtaptalk1347680417630.jpguploadfromtaptalk1347680438605.jpg
there ya go.. *waits for issues* lol :)

E_man

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
From Argue For Android :

OK.

PS:

You're right in that it's a cache, but you completely misinterepreted the term lazy list. It's got nothing to do with being a lazy developer and not bothering to figure out what goes where. Lazy list and Lazy loading means that an app loads images asynchronously.

Take a twitter client as an example. The avatars are all on the web, the app doesn't pre-download them. However, as you scroll, the app downloads them in the background, and when you are done downloading, you pop the image in. The alternative to lazy loading is stop scrolling while the image downloads, and you get a jittery stutter filled mess. Ironically, lazy loading is actually more work the non-lazy loading. It then caches that file for later, so it doesn't have to download it every single time, and can pull items locally, which is much faster and more efficient. Since you usually lazy load stuff in a list, those lists are called lazy lists.

In short, no well written application should rely on the lazy list to be there. They certainly aren't on the first instance. Deleting them shouldn't hurt, but odds are, file will come back. The more you know and all.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
so the folder is there to help but thn odd spring cleaning does no harm especialy if you uninstall a lot of apps? i get what u mean by it being a cache mate. havent noticed anythin loading, rendering slower than usual since wiping it... yet ;)

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
A little trick

Dear friends concerned about the "Lazylist" anger of memory.

I have thought about a little solution that get rid of the Lazylist folder once and for all!
It is a very simple trick I have tested... and it works!

You need, after deleting the folder, to create a FILE that has the SAME name. Since the File system does not allow the existance of a folder having the name of an already existing file, the folder will never be created anymore!

So, if you want to get rid of Lazylist, now you know it!

Hope to have been helpful.
Cheers to everyone!

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Re: A little trick

Yeah, that'll keep it from coming back. It will also prevent any application that relies on it from working properly. Doesn't sound like a good idea to me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol