Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    127 Global Posts

Default Black spot in camera?

I just noticed this yesterday. The main camera on my s3 has this dark spot in the center. It shows up on the screen when using the camera app and becomes a part of all pictures. I've cleaned the camera glass and inspected it closely under a magnifying glass and see no scratches or marks on the glass. Any ideas?

Black spot in camera?-uploadfromtaptalk1346686975066.jpg

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by jk175d; 09-03-2012 at 10:58 AM.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Global Posts
    127 Global Posts

No one has encountered this?

Global Posts
    1,857 Global Posts
    ROM
    TeamSonicFreeGS3 v9.1

Not sure. Might need to return the phone and get a new one. I haven't heard of any issues like this before

Could be a fleck of dust in the lens, I'd take it back.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3

Default Re: Black spot in camera?

Like Steve said, it could be dust or something has gotten inside your camera (behind the glass). I know it's sealed but there always are some dust particles behind screens sometimes also

Never really encountered this problem... but on the other hand, i have had lots of dust particles beneath my screen on previous device to which was supposed to be sealed. It happens.. I'd return it to the carrier or wherever it was purchased as it should be under warranty.
    JSE

It's likely dust on the actual sensor. Happens all the time with DSLR cameras. It's probably microscopic but shows up large on your photos. On DSLR cameras this can be cleaned. No way to do it on a phone. At least not easily.

I would return it. But, you might try taking the back off the phone, remove the battery and then gently blow around the back of the phone. It's a long shot but you might hit the particle and move it off the sensor. A long shot but who knows.
    funkylogik likes this.

I encountered this with my S3, but mine is in the lower left hand corner. Only shows up in photos, but not videos. I plan on getting the phone replaced since I just got it on Sunday.
    Thanked by:

Cosmic dust? Apparition? Best get rid of that thing.
    Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

instead of blowing (and i know this sounds mad) try a hoover/vacuum cleaner.
    its fixed things from an old physical phone keypad to my mates Xbox in the past lol

from the pic it defo looks like something physical/optical and not an obvious software thing..

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess
    GT-I9300, UK

Do you use a case? Id try blowing it to see or even as funk said vacuum could work...but Id also get a case for extra protection against dust particles
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Global Posts
    127 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by funkylogik View Post
    instead of blowing (and i know this sounds mad) try a hoover/vacuum cleaner.
    its fixed things from an old physical phone keypad to my mates Xbox in the past lol

from the pic it defo looks like something physical/optical and not an obvious software thing..

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess
    Yeah, without doubt it is physical. Shows up in pics and vids taken with the rear camera, not the front camera. I'm sure it is dust our some particle on the sealed part of the lens. I guess I'll have to get it replaced. Think Sprint well be cool about that? I've had this s3 since June. How long is the warrentee?

13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Global Posts
    127 Global Posts

Finally took it in to Sprint. They are going to replace it. But charging me a $35 "expediting" fee. That's pretty lame!

funkylogik likes this.

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

Quote Originally Posted by jk175d View Post
    Finally took it in to Sprint. They are going to replace it. But charging me a $35 "expediting" fee. That's pretty lame!

Very lame mate
    Not a terrible price.
    Are they replacing the unit or the cam?

Unbranded Official TW s3.Paisley,Slotland, Western Europe :beer:
    GT-I9300, UK
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Global Posts
    127 Global Posts

Very lame mate
    Not a terrible price.
    Are they replacing the unit or the cam?

Unbranded Official TW s3.Paisley,Slotland, Western Europe :beer:
    They replaced the whole unit after determining they couldn't fix it. They said if I went through Samsung it would be free, but would take more time. I was there and just wanted to get it taken care of.

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

Quote Originally Posted by jk175d View Post
    They replaced the whole unit after determining they couldn't fix it. They said if I went through Samsung it would be free, but would take more time. I was there and just wanted to get it taken care of.

Least its sorted.
    Thats bad news for a guy in another forum with cracked lens cover who was wondering if it could be a DIY job.... guess not if they gave you a new unit.
    Hope youve got one with the "good batch" of screen glass like mine

Unbranded international s3 with Official JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:
    GT-I9300, UK
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

Global Posts
    127 Global Posts

Least its sorted.
    Thats bad news for a guy in another forum with cracked lens cover who was wondering if it could be a DIY job.... guess not if they gave you a new unit.
    Hope youve got one with the "good batch" of screen glass like mine

Unbranded international s3 with Official JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:
    What's the "good batch"?

I have the same issue, (right top corner). Mine shows it only while taking pictures, not when I'm video recording.
    I factory reset my phone and still the same.
    Geek Squad said their warranty will cover it and they'll replace my phone! ...for a refurbished, of course.

Angry Re: Black spot in camera?

same thing happens few days back to my galaxy S2 after using 1.5 years......just following some image software like Cymera!! It is not there when camera is in video mode. so - just software problem. now I think, it will be there, until I re-update my phone and let erase all the previous data/ software.

same thing happens few days back to my galaxy S2 after using 1.5 years......just following some image software like Cymera!! It is not there when camera is in video mode. so - just software problem. now I think, it will be there, until I re-update my phone and let erase all the previous data/ software.

Same here it just came out of no where

doing the same thing except its on my front camera only

I have the same problem in my note 3 , we damaged the camera sensor by pointing it into bright objects , we have to change our camera sensor ,. luckily i have an warranty

Unhappy Re: Black spot in camera?

i have the same problem, i just realized it because i was looking at the photos on my computer, i have a samsung galaxy ace

I have a black spot in my photos as well. I noticed it today. It's happening to many people.

Posted via Android Central App
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast