Still novel?

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
I love this phone. But it's not really the crazy awesome new phone that I couldn't put down. It's just my phone now.

Anyone else have this?

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I feel you man. I was thinking this earlier. All I do is use instagram, check flipboard, get on A.C., get on xda. Couple YouTube vids here and there. Google music every once and a while. That's it.

This phone is just too perfect. Can't Wait till jelly bean comes out. Something new to play with ;)

534n

Aug 28, 2012
Visit site
I also use mine for access point, RDP, Splashtop and a host of remote management stuff for my servers when I am not at home and/or do not have my tablet with me.

This of course neglecting the texting and occasional talking :p

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I love this phone. But it's not really the crazy awesome new phone that I couldn't put down. It's just my phone now.

Anyone else have this?

Same. I like it, it has great features, but it isn't like when I got my first smartphone or my first nexus. I guess I'm just getting bored with the app selection of android etc.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

CHIN087#AC

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
I feel the same way. It is an amazing phone, but I constantly flash ROMs, unroot to stock, reroot, etc. I will say this, apple has the right idea of releasing one device a year. Its like crack. With android you don't get that feeling of a good purchase, or at least keep that feeling because they're always pumping out new phones with specs that the last one didn't. NOW if you wanted to limit yourself to buying from a specific brand then that could be a different story. I know with me I feel a little betrayed by Samsung because they released the note 2 with titanium gray as a standard color. I LOVE that color. Now of course they're also grinding out new colors for the s3...sometime...in the future... That really did piss me off because I was BARELY passed my 14 day return when all these things came out. Thats my opinion to what the OP is saying.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

534n

Aug 28, 2012
Visit site
This is the only phone that I still love now as the day I got it. I don't need the constant changing of stuff. Once it works exactly the way I want it, I am very happy with it and am happy with what it does for me.

PeteJE

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
Not at all. This is a serious tool for so many things. I use it frequently as my traffic guide (waze), nav, email, photos, music player, car system for all the above, and that's not the total list. I use this 5 times as much as my last (droidx).

dmmattix

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Not at all. This is a serious tool for so many things. I use it frequently as my traffic guide (waze), nav, email, photos, music player, car system for all the above, and that's not the total list. I use this 5 times as much as my last (droidx).

+1 Except my last was a BB Torch...

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
The novelty always wears off sooner or later. I don't think it has worn off with my S3 in the 6 weeks or so that I've had it. The true test is how much I still appreciate it after that novelty has worn off. It is taking me time to get used to the size after using the iphone, but I'm getting better and I am thrilled with the performance. It's a great phone. Last time I enjoyed a phone this much was when the original DROID came out.

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
The only time I am reminded of how capable it is, is when I pick up my wife's Droid 3. Then it shows how big of a step up it is.

-Suntan

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
This is the only phone that I still love now as the day I got it. I don't need the constant changing of stuff. Once it works exactly the way I want it, I am very happy with it and am happy with what it does for me.

Hit it right on the head!

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I feel you man. I was thinking this earlier. All I do is use instagram, check flipboard, get on A.C., get on xda. Couple YouTube vids here and there. Google music every once and a while. That's it.

This phone is just too perfect. Can't Wait till jelly bean comes out. Something new to play with ;)

LOVE Flipboard!! :) I check it every day for the latest news, tech, sports, etc. etc. etc.!!

bdmridgback

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
I preordered mine so I have had it since release and I have to say I still sit and play with it almost every night before I go to bed. I just still enjoy it that much. Flipboard too, I use it more than Facebook itself.

Sent from my Innovative Galaxy S3

Srambo217

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
This isn't a Kindle thread?

Look dude, sorry you aren't stoked on your phone. Hope you have other interests.

Most of us are still very excited about this device, hence the reason we lurk around dedicated forums ;)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante