how to keep screen off during bluetooth calls?

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
hey, just got a pair of headphones and it seems i can turn the screen off when listening to music, but when on a call it seems to force the screen to remain on. is there anyway to get the screen to stay off, an app or setting?

thanks.....

dk0867

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
I noticed something simular as well. While playing music screen will go off. Bluetooth calls will allow the screen to randomly come on and go off.

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
It is driving me crazy since the phone heats up quite a bit with the screen on during the call. I'd like to at least preserve what battery life I can by keeping the screen off.....the bluetooth headphones listening to podcasts, or music no problem the screen turns off....but on a call I can turn the screen off but it pops right back on.

534n

Aug 28, 2012
Visit site
It is driving me crazy since the phone heats up quite a bit with the screen on during the call. I'd like to at least preserve what battery life I can by keeping the screen off.....the bluetooth headphones listening to podcasts, or music no problem the screen turns off....but on a call I can turn the screen off but it pops right back on.

Disable the proximity sensing that turns the screen off when your face is nearby and it should stay off. It probably turns on when your hand moves away or when something triggers the sensor.

visegrip72

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
There's a thread in xda about this. I had/have the same issue, my workaround is after the phone call is connected, I hit the home button, then turn off the screen. The flashing on/off thing seems to be limited to the call in progress screen while on bluetooth. If you go off that screen, the timeout and screen button both work and the screen stays off. So many calls went to mute or hung up since phone was in pocket while using bluetooth, now no worries, just gotta remember to hit home, then power off screen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol