Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 56
Like Tree26Likes
  1. #26  

    Talking Re: The difference I see between MR forums and AC forums...(phone

    O.M.G.!! This thread is hilarious!

    A thread praising the more mature, un-fanboi-ish nature of android central devolves into an apple bashing extravaganza!! I love it.


    For the record, I own Mac's and PC's, but not a smartphone until recently. I just bought a second hand Droid X to try it out and love it so far. But I am sure I would love an iphone too. Neither side has the corner on cool features -- they are tools, nothing else.

    But this thread did make me LOL.
  2. #27  

    Default Re: The difference I see between MR forums and AC forums...(phone

    Quote Originally Posted by Therk View Post
    O.M.G.!! This thread is hilarious!

    A thread praising the more mature, un-fanboi-ish nature of android central devolves into an apple bashing extravaganza!! I love it.


    For the record, I own Mac's and PC's, but not a smartphone until recently. I just bought a second hand Droid X to try it out and love it so far. But I am sure I would love an iphone too. Neither side has the corner on cool features -- they are tools, nothing else.

    But this thread did make me LOL.
    Ry can have that effect
  3. #28  

    Default Re: The difference I see between MR forums and AC forums...(phone

    Quote Originally Posted by Therk View Post
    O.M.G.!! This thread is hilarious!

    A thread praising the more mature, un-fanboi-ish nature of android central devolves into an apple bashing extravaganza!! I love it.


    For the record, I own Mac's and PC's, but not a smartphone until recently. I just bought a second hand Droid X to try it out and love it so far. But I am sure I would love an iphone too. Neither side has the corner on cool features -- they are tools, nothing else.

    But this thread did make me LOL.
    This thread is pretty good and while I like your unbiased opinion, iPhone is like an empty toolbox, it looks pretty but it offers little help when needing a tool. While Android is more of like a tool store, it may not look as nice and polished but it has the tools necessary to get just about any job done
    534n likes this.
  4. #29  

    Default

    Coming over from the Crackberry nation, I can definitely attest to the more tolerant and pleasant exchange of ideas and help when needed.

    Sent From My Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet
  5. #30  
    epidenimus's Avatar
    Racer of Elevators

    Posts
    1,138 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,139 Global Posts
    ROM
    Paranoid Android / CM7

    Default Re: The difference I see between MR forums and AC forums...(phones)

    I respect the products that Apple makes; they are a just-works solution for their users that are smooth, well-integrated, easy-to-use and have great battery life. They also have some amazing apps that really make it easy to create content on the fly. . That might have been more difficult with Android and the software available.

    I take no issue with anyone who yields one, unless they are smug in some about it in some way. Sure, there are those that wear skinny jeans and scarves with v-neck tops, have fake nails, drive Prius's (what is the plural of this stupid car?), and just know that they are better than the rest of us--and they all seem to have iPhones. There are those who know nothing about technology who swear by Apple products because they have want to make a statement. I find it amusing to watch them, personally. Others have just found them to be a reliable alternative to the Microsoft quagmire and have admirable brand loyalty.

    The only issue I really take with Apple and some of their users is relative to the frivolous patent suits. Al Gore did not invent the internet and Apple did not invent the smartphone. Black frames existed before hipsters and even iPhones. The only infringement is on Apple's market share, when those who appreciate smooth devices and aesthetics discover that Apple is not the only viable solution.

    Even though they are way too limiting for me, I do often recommend Apple products to clients, if they are a good fit with their needs. I am pursuing Apple support certifications to better assist them.

    I am a fan of Android because it is open source, plays all of my music, is highly customizable and works with all of my computers. I love having a powerful little Linux box in my pocket that can do much of what my laptop can. Not everyone has a need for that or does things the way I do. And that is okay by me.

    EDIT: I intended for the linked video to be a text link. Not sure why it is showing up embedded with the new site format.
    If you are inclined to spend a lot of money and want a pretty trophy with which to pass the next few years of your life that talks to you in a condescending voice, can't navigate to save its life, expects full control over all you do, demands $13 for a $3 purchase, allegedly has a single recessed button, needs an expensive computer and a credit card to do anything, hates your music and has purses designed just for it...

    Get married to someone you hate... or get an iPhone.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    New to LG's premium Android phone? Check out the Optimus S Welcome Guide.
    Used ROM Mangler on your Optimus S and having problems? Try this.
    Thanked by:
    vernotzy21 likes this.
  6. #31  

    Default Re: The difference I see between MR forums and AC forums...(phones)

    Quote Originally Posted by epidenimus View Post
    I respect the products that Apple makes; they are a just-works solution for their users that are smooth, well-integrated, easy-to-use and have great battery life. They also have some amazing apps that really make it easy to create content on the fly. . That might have been more difficult with Android and the software available.

    I take no issue with anyone who yields one, unless they are smug in some about it in some way. Sure, there are those that wear skinny jeans and scarves with v-neck tops, have fake nails, drive Prius's (what is the plural of this stupid car?), and just know that they are better than the rest of us--and they all seem to have iPhones. There are those who know nothing about technology who swear by Apple products because they have want to make a statement. I find it amusing to watch them, personally. Others have just found them to be a reliable alternative to the Microsoft quagmire and have admirable brand loyalty.

    The only issue I really take with Apple and some of their users is relative to the frivolous patent suits. Al Gore did not invent the internet and Apple did not invent the smartphone. Black frames existed before hipsters and even iPhones. The only infringement is on Apple's market share, when those who appreciate smooth devices and aesthetics discover that Apple is not the only viable solution.

    Even though they are way too limiting for me, I do often recommend Apple products to clients, if they are a good fit with their needs. I am pursuing Apple support certifications to better assist them.

    I am a fan of Android because it is open source, plays all of my music, is highly customizable and works with all of my computers. I love having a powerful little Linux box in my pocket that can do much of what my laptop can. Not everyone has a need for that or does things the way I do. And that is okay by me.

    EDIT: I intended for the linked video to be a text link. Not sure why it is showing up embedded with the new site format.
    I laughed when I read your signature at the bottom of your post!
    Thanked by:
  7. #32  

    Default Re: The difference I see between MR forums and AC forums...(phones)

    I think of it this way.

    The people who actually know and love Android know it's a waste of time to go troll on a forum based on another product. There are reasons why people love a particular device, and in some ways it will be really hard to convert a hard-headed apple lover into an Android fan or at least neutral to both ecosystems.

    I love apple devices and android devices. It's just Apple's recent business tactics and the fact Jobs loved jacking up prices on products for large profits before Apple began.

    I won't like the iPhone 5 that much because of the similar shape and design. The fact that the iPhone 5 looks like an over stretched iPhone 4/4S with Two-toned color/material is a turn off.
  8. #33  

    Default Re: The difference I see between MR forums and AC forums...(phones)

    Quote Originally Posted by SteveISU View Post
    Well in their eyes any iPhone is a refined piece of craftsmanship. To own one is an honor, IF (as they like to point out) you can afford one.
    Lmao, most are unaware that that GS3 is virtually the same price and regard it as a cheap piece of plastic

    On my Samsung galaxy s3 running android 4.0

    Because unlike ios, i keep my apps in app drawers, and not in infinite cluttered homescreens
  9. #34  

    Default Re: The difference I see between MR forums and AC forums...(phones)

    Quote Originally Posted by Soundtrack to Chaos View Post
    Lmao, most are unaware that that GS3 is virtually the same price and regard it as a cheap piece of plastic

    On my Samsung galaxy s3 running android 4.0

    Because unlike ios, i keep my apps in app drawers, and not in infinite cluttered homescreens
    But oh wait, Apple supposedly innovated and made a new thing called...wait for it....FOLDERS. Its never been done before and its a true marvel, it gets rid of those cluttered home screens lol
    (Intense Sarcasm Intended)
  10. #35  

    Default Re: The difference I see between MR forums and AC forums...(phones)

    I'm have been an avid MR poster for many years, and a reader long before the iPhone. However you can't blame anyone there for complaining about Android posts in the iPhone forum. It got incredibly annoying seeing a new post about the the Galaxy Note everyday(Most of them asking the same question, e.g. "Should I buy a Note" or one of the MANY HTC OneX, or S III posts, again asking the same questions over, and over, and over... My point is that you are going to find bad Apples(Pun not intended) everywhere you go. Regardless these forums here have been friendly, and informative, and discussion has been held in a civilized manor. /rant
    Living large with my Galaxy Note 3!!!
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #36  

    Default Re: The difference I see between MR forums and AC forums...(phones)

    Quote Originally Posted by Ricky Babalu View Post
    Welcome aboard! It's nice to see more females on the boards (I hope my assumption is correct) ?
    Yep! Last time I looked for about half an hour or so

    Quote Originally Posted by Therk View Post
    O.M.G.!! This thread is hilarious!

    A thread praising the more mature, un-fanboi-ish nature of android central devolves into an apple bashing extravaganza!! I love it.


    For the record, I own Mac's and PC's, but not a smartphone until recently. I just bought a second hand Droid X to try it out and love it so far. But I am sure I would love an iphone too. Neither side has the corner on cool features -- they are tools, nothing else.

    But this thread did make me LOL.

    Yeah tbh I was totally in love with my iPhone4. I have a coworker who was having nightmare phone choices, so I took her out and got her to buy the iP4S and she is LOVING it. I figured, fit the phone to the person. It was her money to spend, it was just my job/pleasure to set her up with a carrier that would fleece her more gently than the rest and to give her a phone that she would have NO problem using with customer support for her if there was a problem. If she was a lot more confident in her knowledge of tech things I might have considered tempting her with the S3.

    Either way, good to have two places to hang out!
    Thanked by:
    Ry 
    Ry and vernotzy21 like this.
  12. #37  
    Ry
    Ry is offline
    Ry's Avatar

    Posts
    8,747 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,783 Global Posts

    Default Re: The difference I see between MR forums and AC forums...(phones)

    Quote Originally Posted by GalaxyOnyxWitch View Post
    Yeah tbh I was totally in love with my iPhone4. I have a coworker who was having nightmare phone choices, so I took her out and got her to buy the iP4S and she is LOVING it. I figured, fit the phone to the person. It was her money to spend, it was just my job/pleasure to set her up with a carrier that would fleece her more gently than the rest and to give her a phone that she would have NO problem using with customer support for her if there was a problem. If she was a lot more confident in her knowledge of tech things I might have considered tempting her with the S3.

    Either way, good to have two places to hang out!
    :thumbup:

    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums
    Android Central Moderator

    Motorola Moto X (212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola Moto G (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (LRX21P, Lollipop 5.0)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

    Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
  13. #38  
    mzanette's Avatar
    Zee

    Posts
    654 Posts
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts

    Default The difference I see between MR forums and AC forums...(phones)

    Quote Originally Posted by Champion1229 View Post
    But oh wait, Apple supposedly innovated and made a new thing called...wait for it....FOLDERS. Its never been done before and its a true marvel, it gets rid of those cluttered home screens lol
    (Intense Sarcasm Intended)
    I hate the fact apple doesn't let me hide apps I never use and worse I can't even move the damn newsstand app into a folder. How ridiculous is that? Here's an app, we won't let you hide or place it into a folder just because we think it should always be on your screen. I have a folder called "useless" where I keep apps I can't get rid of and never use.
    A proud former Nexus 4 Limbo level-2 member
  14. #39  

    Default Re: The difference I see between MR forums and AC forums...(phones)

    Quote Originally Posted by Champion1229 View Post
    But oh wait, Apple supposedly innovated and made a new thing called...wait for it....FOLDERS. Its never been done before and its a true marvel, it gets rid of those cluttered home screens lol
    (Intense Sarcasm Intended)
    Lmao, i hate how apple users act so stuck up

    The only product from them I use is their ipod and that's just because every other device like it pretty much sucks


    On my Samsung galaxy s3 running android 4.0

    Because unlike ios, i keep my apps in app drawers, and not in infinite cluttered homescreens
  15. #40  

    Default Re: The difference I see between MR forums and AC forums...(phones)

    The people who bought iphone are the same people who bought sidekicks and blackberries

    They buy it because they see a commercial with a gimmicky feature they like, they go to the store doing 0 research, play with the phone for 5 minutes and decide to make a purchase

    While people like us research our phones months before they are announced, patently wait for them to come out, get it the first day, while mainstream finds out a month later via commercial that the phone exists and then they hop on the bandwagon

    Smh

    On my Samsung galaxy s3 running android 4.0

    Because unlike ios, i keep my apps in app drawers, and not in infinite cluttered homescreens
  16. #41  

    Default Re: The difference I see between MR forums and AC forums...(phones)

    Quote Originally Posted by Soundtrack to Chaos View Post
    The people who bought iphone are the same people who bought sidekicks and blackberries

    They buy it because they see a commercial with a gimmicky feature they like, they go to the store doing 0 research, play with the phone for 5 minutes and decide to make a purchase

    That's a little condescending, don't you think?

    Sure, there are many people who buy iphone for the reasons you cite, but there are also many intelligent, thoughtful people that weighed the options available to them and chose an iphone for perfectly valid reasons.

    I am waiting to see what the iphone 5 brings to the table before I decide what to do next. If it doesn't impress me, I will likely go SGSIII. I own other ios devices, so am predisposed to that ecosystem, simply because I have a fair amount already invested. But that is not the sole determinant.

    Apple better bring it ... cause Samsung sure has.
    Thanked by:
    Ry 
    Ry likes this.
  17. #42  

    Default Re: The difference I see between MR forums and AC forums...(phones)

    Quote Originally Posted by Therk View Post
    That's a little condescending, don't you think?

    Sure, there are many people who buy iphone for the reasons you cite, but there are also many intelligent, thoughtful people that weighed the options available to them and chose an iphone for perfectly valid reasons.

    I am waiting to see what the iphone 5 brings to the table before I decide what to do next. If it doesn't impress me, I will likely go SGSIII. I own other ios devices, so am predisposed to that ecosystem, simply because I have a fair amount already invested. But that is not the sole determinant.

    Apple better bring it ... cause Samsung sure has.
    I wouldn't say the majority of people don't do their research, but I believe a good percentage of buyers just go off of the commercials and demoing the phone in person

    On my Samsung galaxy s3 running android 4.0

    Because unlike ios, i keep my apps in app drawers, and not in infinite cluttered homescreens

    I have used windows mobile, ios and now android, so I have had my fair share of experience with each, and clearly android is my personal favorite
  18. #43  

    Default Re: The difference I see between MR forums and AC forums...(phones)

    Quote Originally Posted by Soundtrack to Chaos View Post
    The people who bought iphone are the same people who bought sidekicks and blackberries

    They buy it because they see a commercial with a gimmicky feature they like, they go to the store doing 0 research, play with the phone for 5 minutes and decide to make a purchase

    While people like us research our phones months before they are announced, patently wait for them to come out, get it the first day, while mainstream finds out a month later via commercial that the phone exists and then they hop on the bandwagon

    Smh

    On my Samsung galaxy s3 running android 4.0

    Because unlike ios, i keep my apps in app drawers, and not in infinite cluttered homescreens
    Exactly, at my High School there are only 55 kids in total, and 30 of them are in my grade (Its a small pre-collegiate school) and everyone is really close. About 4 of my friends that I goto school with are die hard apple fans, they have even said they didn't care what the iPhone 5 has, they're upgrading no matter what. And 2 of them are just annoying when it comes to talking about Android and iPhone because they don't accept the fact that Android is in NO WAY copying Apple and they constantly rip on how Android is a rip off of Apple. I've tried explaining to them but they are true iSheep! The other 2 are actually open to suggestions and I think one of them is actually considering purchasing an Android device! I don't openly try to get people to move away from Apple but every time I fire up a Tegra Zone game on my phone or I use 4G LTE to load pages before they even finish typing, they tend to ask. Oh and at lunch when they want to watch a YouTube video, they always ask me for my phone for the bigger screen and 4G LTE! It just baffles me how they realize the features Android offers but yet they stick by Apple and their iSh1t.

    Personally, I haven't been able to research my last 2 phones due to they were all given to me as CLN replacements from Verizon. I had the Thunderbolt the DAY it launched and was one of the first people on Verizon 's LTE network! I researched that phone through the nose before I bought it because I was torn between iPhone and Android (this was back before Android was really popular and polished). However when that phone decided not to work i was forced to let Verizon upgrade me to the Rezound (which I was really happy about) and then when the Rezound decided not to work I was forced to goto the Razr. I didn't really get to research the phones before I got them but I knew of them and I knew their general specs so I wasn't making a completely blind decision. Since I just got the Razr a few weeks ago I am hoping to keep this device for at least a year, then I will look at what offers the best bang for my buck because I will be forced to pay full price to retain unlimited data. I'm thinking by then it would be something like a SGS4 or even a SGS5 lol
  19. #44  

    Default Re: The difference I see between MR forums and AC forums...(phones)

    Quote Originally Posted by Soundtrack to Chaos View Post
    The people who bought iphone are the same people who bought sidekicks and blackberries

    They buy it because they see a commercial with a gimmicky feature they like, they go to the store doing 0 research, play with the phone for 5 minutes and decide to make a purchase

    While people like us research our phones months before they are announced, patently wait for them to come out, get it the first day, while mainstream finds out a month later via commercial that the phone exists and then they hop on the bandwagon

    Smh

    On my Samsung galaxy s3 running android 4.0

    Because unlike ios, i keep my apps in app drawers, and not in infinite cluttered homescreens
    So what phone were you using when the first iPhone was out? What about the 3G, or 3GS. You just proved the point that it really goes both ways. Like it or not but the iPhone paved the way for the modern day smartphone as we know it.
    Living large with my Galaxy Note 3!!!
    Thanked by:
    Ry 
    Ry likes this.
  20. #45  

    Default Re: The difference I see between MR forums and AC forums...(phones)

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisXe View Post
    So what phone were you using when the first iPhone was out? What about the 3G, or 3GS. You just proved the point that it really goes both ways. Like it or not but the iPhone paved the way for the modern day smartphone as we know it.
    HTC touch pro 2

    And how does one pave the way for modern technology when one is behind the times?

    Aren't they just getting 4G with the iphone 5? Lol

    But at the end of the day, to each his own

    On my Samsung galaxy s3 running android 4.0

    Because unlike ios, i keep my apps in app drawers, and not in infinite cluttered homescreens
  21. #46  

    Default Re: The difference I see between MR forums and AC forums...(phones)

    I don't visit Apple forums, but it's hard to imagine that it's any more biased than what I've seen in some of the Apple/"isheep" bashing threads that seem to pop up out of nowhere. For every new android phone that's release, there always seems to be "xxx android phone is so much better than the Iphone" thread which invariably turns into an "I hate apple" thread ending with high fives declaring "we are so much smarter than isheep" thread.

    Sent from my GT-P6210 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
    Ry 
    Ry likes this.
  22. #47  

    Default Re: The difference I see between MR forums and AC forums...(phones)

    Quote Originally Posted by g1toevo678 View Post
    I don't visit Apple forums, but it's hard to imagine that it's any more biased than what I've seen in some of the Apple/"isheep" bashing threads that seem to pop up out of nowhere. For every new android phone that's release, there always seems to be "xxx android phone is so much better than the Iphone" thread which invariably turns into an "I hate apple" thread ending with high fives declaring "we are so much smarter than isheep" thread.

    Sent from my GT-P6210 using Tapatalk 2
    If you don't like those threads.........why are you in there reading them?!?! Simply don't read the posts where people love on their phones and denounce the other. You don't see me reading or getting all bent out of shape when there are posts that say, "I hate my S3 because.....". I just don't see the need or reason to bash or defend a product the way certain people do.
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #48  

    Default Re: The difference I see between MR forums and AC forums...(phones)

    Quote Originally Posted by Soundtrack to Chaos View Post
    The people who bought iphone are the same people who bought sidekicks and blackberries

    They buy it because they see a commercial with a gimmicky feature they like, they go to the store doing 0 research, play with the phone for 5 minutes and decide to make a purchase

    While people like us research our phones months before they are announced, patently wait for them to come out, get it the first day, while mainstream finds out a month later via commercial that the phone exists and then they hop on the bandwagon

    Smh

    On my Samsung galaxy s3 running android 4.0

    Because unlike ios, i keep my apps in app drawers, and not in infinite cluttered homescreens
    I have to respectfully disagree with you on this one. Speaking for myself only, I always wanted an iPhone from the first keynote. Unfortunately I had to gag through a HTC Touch Diamond and a BB Storm (I was trying to get a touch screen similar to Apples new iPhone because my carrier didn't carry the iPhone yet!) After those nightmare phones, I can honestly tell you, that the iPhone4 that I finally did get, was completely amazing and a joy to use. I am sure there are lots out there like me. So I didn't get it on day one by any means, but by the time the iP4 was released (my roommate had the 3GS) I knew it was a reliable piece of gear.

    OMG it still makes me shudder....HTC NOOOOOOO!!! yeah I know, I know it's the OS that made it a nightmare, but still I associate it with the brand..... /facepalm

    On a side note I am very happy being able to hide my apps or put them where I want on my screens! I can actually SEE the wallpaper I chose for my background! It's the little things sometimes eh?
  24. #49  

    Default Re: The difference I see between MR forums and AC forums...(phones)

    Quote Originally Posted by GrooveRite View Post
    If you don't like those threads.........why are you in there reading them?!?! Simply don't read the posts where people love on their phones and denounce the other. You don't see me reading or getting all bent out of shape when there are posts that say, "I hate my S3 because.....". I just don't see the need or reason to bash or defend a product the way certain people do.
    Where else can you watch a train wreck at the touch of a button? ;-)

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
  25. #50  

    Default Re: The difference I see between MR forums and AC forums...(phones)

    I'm sorry but there was nothing remotely close to the iPhone in the beginning even the touch pro 2 didn't even come close. Look at all of the "iPhone killers" that crashed and burned. Sorry you have your blinders on and can't see what the rest of us here know as fact, but the iPhone started the modern touchscreen smartphone frenzy. Re watch the iPhone keynote Jobs presented in 2007, and closely listen to the crowds reaction if you are open minded enough to accept it.
    Living large with my Galaxy Note 3!!!
    Thanked by:
    Ry 
    Ry likes this.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions