Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree99Likes

Default Re: [OFFICIAL] GS3 JellyBean Speculation

What's the latest rumor on AT&T getting Jelly bean for the S3? I just bought it, arrivign Thurs or Fri. I'm wondering if I should bother learning how to root or just wait for JB.

Quote Originally Posted by funkylogik View Post
    its somehow fixed itself
    Attachment 43892

all i did was use that new JB function to remove app icons from statusbar
    glad i didnt reset lol. might still do a reset soon once im rooted and backed up. might even give CM10 a try

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess
    How did you do that??

Quote Originally Posted by feenixfly View Post
    *sigh* 4.1 isn't even out for the S3 U.S. and some of the 4.2 features are already announced. What the heck.
    While I agree, I doubt Samsung or any other OEM would add them anyway, outside of the enhancements to Google Now. We'll never see the panorama, or any of the camera features, and I seriously doubt we'll ever see the native JB keyboard come standard on a Samsung device either. The $350 price tag has me seriously considering buying a Nexus 4 but no LTE, and expandable memory has me thinking twice.
    Living large with my Galaxy Note 3!!!

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

Quote Originally Posted by nek_singh View Post
    How did you do that??
    its a new function in jellybean mate.
    in app info you can uncheck "notifications"
    handy for those annoying air-push ads

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess
    GT-I9300, UK

Global Posts
    906 Global Posts

My OTA arrived today. Seemed to go OK. I just let it happen. Phone seems much the same as before (but with new features I still have to play with).

Baseband version is I9300XXDLID
    Android is 4.1.1
    Kernel is 3.0.31-368423 - 19th Oct 18:17:48 KST
    Build number is JRO0C.I9300XXDLJ4

cheers

Alan
    funkylogik likes this.

What's the professional way to reset the Galaxy S3 after update? Can I just back up my data with the Samsung Kies and after resetting just upload them back to my Galaxy S3? Or how reset is done without losing any important content of the phone?

Thanks in advance!

Global Posts
    2,989 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

Quote Originally Posted by Dementikko View Post
    What's the professional way to reset the Galaxy S3 after update? Can I just back up my data with the Samsung Kies and after resetting just upload them back to my Galaxy S3? Or how reset is done without losing any important content of the phone?

Thanks in advance!
    And I would recommend a factory reset after installing any new version of Android. You can download all your apps after reset from GooglePlay and you can use the data backup for the personal info such as contacts and calender(or you can you Google online backup for those as well)
    http://sanuja.com | SGH-I747M

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

Quote Originally Posted by Dementikko View Post

Thanks in advance!
    you have to root and use a backup app to save app data/settings mate

GT-I9300, UK

Global Posts
    906 Global Posts

I haven't bothered with all that. I just carried on using it.

okay.. i did the OTA update yesterday once again, the installation stopped at 24%(once again) with an exclamation mark. so basicly it downloads, then the installation stops at 24%. seriously what should I do here?

Quote Originally Posted by hiitsmeoi View Post
    okay.. i did the OTA update yesterday once again, the installation stopped at 24%(once again) with an exclamation mark. so basicly it downloads, then the installation stops at 24%. seriously what should I do here?
    You can try downloading via kies.
    Had the same problem a day ago too.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

I was just give that back to samsung and let them sort it

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

Default Re: [OFFICIAL] GS3 JellyBean Discussion

does your carrier have a limit or somethin mate?
    have u got plenty memory?
    try Kies :thumbup:

Last edited by funkylogik; 11-04-2012 at 06:45 PM.
    GT-I9300, UK

There have been an awful lot of updates to the kies app on my S3 I wonder if that means Jelly Bean is near, or maybe I'm just getting anxious for nothing.
    Living large with my Galaxy Note 3!!!

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisXe View Post
    There have been an awful lot of updates to the kies app on my S3 I wonder if that means Jelly Bean is near, or maybe I'm just getting anxious for nothing.
    think positive mate.
    hopefully theyre improving Kies lol

GT-I9300, UK

Question: Is there are possibility we S3 users are getting the 4.2 update as well?
    "M'aiq does not understand what is so impressive about shouting. M'aiq can shout whenever he wants." - M'aiq

Quote Originally Posted by feenixfly View Post
    Question: Is there are possibility we S3 users are getting the 4.2 update as well?
    Yeh most likely... Probably wont be a big wait tho because we already have jb this 4.2 is just an addition rather than a whole big thing that needs to be tested

Thanked by:
    funkylogik likes this.

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

^that
    s3 will get Keylime Pie too.. im sure of it.
    the s2 has JB...

GT-I9300, UK
    Thanked by:

^that
    s3 will get Keylime Pie too.. im sure of it.
    the s2 has JB...

Keylime Pie?????? I am just getting used to Jellybean. Do android always update there OS this often??
    funkylogik likes this.

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

Quote Originally Posted by deanodrums View Post
    Keylime Pie?????? I am just getting used to Jellybean. Do android always update there OS this often??
    pretty much
    it makes it seem like we're always waiting but apple prob have their next o/s in the pipeline years before.
    they just dont announce it lol.
    we should just not watch the launches and read the reviews until its available to us lol

GT-I9300, UK

pretty much
    it makes it seem like we're always waiting but apple prob have their next o/s in the pipeline years before.
    they just dont announce it lol.
    we should just not watch the launches and read the reviews until its available to us lol

Oh right,this is my first android so not sure what its all about. I havent even botherd updating my ipad to the new ios.Cant be ar*ed.
    funkylogik likes this.

Global Posts
    2,989 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

Quote Originally Posted by sir.mervyn.king View Post
    Yeh most likely... Probably wont be a big wait tho because we already have jb this 4.2 is just an addition rather than a whole big thing that needs to be tested

I hope this is true, but this all depend on your service provider. From past experience, Canadian companies takes a loong time to release updates (even the minor updates).
    http://sanuja.com | SGH-I747M

Quote Originally Posted by mss-ca View Post
    I hope this is true, but this all depend on your service provider. From past experience, Canadian companies takes a loong time to release updates (even the minor updates).
    Bell got the maintenance updates wayyyy before Rogers or Telus, so I imagine Bell/Virgin will be first for jb as well. I know it was first for gb for the i9000m.

I've got blisters on me fingers!!! from using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

bet unlocked UK gets it last again

GT-I9300, UK

bet unlocked UK gets it last again

Try US AT&T subscribers, we'll be last. lol
    funkylogik likes this.
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast