Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 121314151617 LastLast
Like Tree99Likes

Default Re: [OFFICIAL] GS3 JellyBean Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by mss-ca View Post
    Is there anyway to open Google Now cards without pressing the home button and choosing from the pop-up menu? I tried Google Search mic icon and it only open the Google Now voice input.

I don't want to break the physical button.

Thanks.
    I'm on apex launcher and set it so up swiping on the screen launches it.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Dieter Bohn View Post
    I hope that this helps some people!

Android Keyboard Shortcuts for Gmail | Android Central
    Double tap menu

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Android Central Forums

Sorry guys for asking so many questions

Is there a way to increase the distance between shortcut icons on home screen if you have less than the max amount? For example, if I only have two shortcuts, the lock screen place them side by side about one icon apart. Is there a hidden option that can increase the distance between them? (specially for people who have fat fingers like me... LOL)
    You can do it with a third party launcher like Nova or Apex. I prefer Nova. There are nice features not available in Touchwiz.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
    mssca 

Global Posts
    2,987 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

Is there any reason why my Google Voice won't talk back to me? (yes the always speak back is ON) I remember reading something like that here, but I cannot find the thread. So far I tried the following:
    -Set all the default language across every app to US English.
    -Set ONLY the Google Voice to US English while leaving Canadian English for system default
    -Set ONLY the Google Voice to Canadian English and set the system default to US English
    -Make sure the media volume is high (in fact I made all the volume for the device high)
    -Make sure Google Search and all the other search option access is ON for Google Voice

Nothing works. The question I asked was: "What's the weather in Calgary?" Also tried, "Who is the President of USA?". Both came back with right answers and yet she won't speak to me! Yes, the search results are right and it even show the weather in a card. While the demo on Google website, when the weather card is requested by voice, it speak back!
    http://sanuja.com | SGH-I747M

Is there any reason why my Google Voice won't talk back to me? (yes the always speak back is ON) I remember reading something like that here, but I cannot find the thread. So far I tried the following:
    -Set all the default language across every app to US English.
    -Set ONLY the Google Voice to US English while leaving Canadian English for system default
    -Set ONLY the Google Voice to Canadian English and set the system default to US English
    -Make sure the media volume is high (in fact I made all the volume for the device high)
    -Make sure Google Search and all the other search option access is ON for Google Voice

Nothing works. The question I asked was: "What's the weather in Calgary?" Also tried, "Who is the President of USA?". Both came back with right answers and yet she won't speak to me! Yes, the search results are right and it even show the weather in a card. While the demo on Google website, when the weather card is requested by voice, it speak back!
    Download "Locale Setting" from the playstore and use it to set the system locale to English (US).

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
    mssca 
    mssca likes this.

Global Posts
    2,987 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckeeDroid View Post
    Download "Locale Setting" from the playstore and use it to set the system locale to English (US).

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    WOW... you are the BEST! THANK YOU SOOOOOO much! Now she talks to me!. Just out of curiosity, what settings on the phone it change?

Global Posts
    101 Global Posts

Default Re: [OFFICIAL] GS3 JellyBean Speculation

All, we here at iBOLT are starting to get a bettter grasp on the missing car-mode and aux-out features in Jellybean when used with a car-dock. Based on our current understanding (please correct this if anyone know anything different...) the following is the situation:

1. For any Jellybean formally released by any US or Canadian Carrier the car-mode and aux-out will work properly, this was proven when Sprint launched the Jellybean version a few weeks ago. The upcoming release for AT&T, Verizon and others will also have these features properly incorporated. This means that if you have a car-dock, type the iBOLT version we are offering for sale online or in Verizon stores you can safely continue to use it or buy it if you have not yet. So essentially it appears that Samsung US (headquarter in TX) is on the ball and know what they are doing so let's not yell at them anymore...

2. The International version of S III is essentially a completely different phone as it's using a different processor and is even slightly different in size. The firmware implemented in this version is derived from the Polish JB version, where Samsung has a big software Team. That is also why the Polish version is 1st out when new JB releases starts rolling out. As the development of this JB version is done independently from the US version they have different feature sets. Many US consumers have purchased an unlocked phone, which would by default use a European firmware update instead of US carrier specific. Many US advanced users have also rooted their phones and are downloading the Polish/German/UK version of JB, or a non-official version of some kind and they are pretty much without exception missing the car-mode and aux-out feature set. Based on multiple contacts with Samsung customer support representatives in Europe we have high hopes Samsung Poland will turn these features on again in the next release but no guarantees of course.

I hope the above makes sense? A lot of information with good news for North American drivers and "please hold" for our European friends

how do you update the s3 via samsung kies

Global Posts
    424 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Hatter View Post
    how do you update the s3 via samsung kies
    Download Kies for your computer, install, restart (had to on Macbook), open Kies, plug in phone, click notification telling you new firmware is available for device.

Global Posts
    424 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MikaelPe View Post
    All, we here at iBOLT are starting to get a bettter grasp on the missing car-mode and aux-out features in Jellybean when used with a car-dock. Based on our current understanding (please correct this if anyone know anything different...) the following is the situation:

1. For any Jellybean formally released by any US or Canadian Carrier the car-mode and aux-out will work properly, this was proven when Sprint launched the Jellybean version a few weeks ago. The upcoming release for AT&T, Verizon and others will also have these features properly incorporated. This means that if you have a car-dock, type the iBOLT version we are offering for sale online or in Verizon stores you can safely continue to use it or buy it if you have not yet. So essentially it appears that Samsung US (headquarter in TX) is on the ball and know what they are doing so let's not yell at them anymore...

2. The International version of S III is essentially a completely different phone as it's using a different processor and is even slightly different in size. The firmware implemented in this version is derived from the Polish JB version, where Samsung has a big software Team. That is also why the Polish version is 1st out when new JB releases starts rolling out. As the development of this JB version is done independently from the US version they have different feature sets. Many US consumers have purchased an unlocked phone, which would by default use a European firmware update instead of US carrier specific. Many US advanced users have also rooted their phones and are downloading the Polish/German/UK version of JB, or a non-official version of some kind and they are pretty much without exception missing the car-mode and aux-out feature set. Based on multiple contacts with Samsung customer support representatives in Europe we have high hopes Samsung Poland will turn these features on again in the next release but no guarantees of course.

I hope the above makes sense? A lot of information with good news for North American drivers and "please hold" for our European friends
    Have you confirmed this with Canadian Jelly Bean devices? I see you have with Sprint, but not for any others? I'm supposed to be receiving an iBolt for Christmas but will be disappointed if it does not work properly.

Global Posts
    88 Global Posts

Hi Im on wind mobile in Canada and still no jellybean update on my new s3 .. anyone know when itll be out?

Global Posts
    2,987 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

Quote Originally Posted by chrismage View Post
    Hi Im on wind mobile in Canada and still no jellybean update on my new s3 .. anyone know when itll be out?
    I don't know for sure, but it should be soon. If you are not new to Android, you can always go for a rooted custom ROM (in case you don't wan to wait).

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

Quote Originally Posted by MikaelPe View Post

Dont know about the rest but im fairly sure all s3 are the exact same dimensions,...

Unbranded international s3 with Official JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:
    GT-I9300, UK

Global Posts
    2,987 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

My phone is locked to Orange Romania carrier (ORO) can i make it to be an international version? I wanna update it to 4.1.2 faster.

Global Posts
    2,987 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

Quote Originally Posted by dgcyears View Post
    My phone is locked to Orange Romania carrier (ORO) can i make it to be an international version? I wanna update it to 4.1.2 faster.
    No, you cannot make it to be the international version. However, you may load an OS that will work on your type of hardware. No, you will most likely not going to break the warranty IF you load it using kias (yes you can do it) like some of us did on Telus/Rogers using Bell ROM last time with 4.1.1... In other words, the flash custom ROM counter won't flip...

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

Id guess Romania uses the GT-i9300? No?

MERRY XMAS!!!X
    Unbranded rooted international s3 with Official JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:
    GT-I9300, UK

yes, anyway, I've easily updated my phone to 4.1.2 with odin, I used vodafone's software and it works perfectly it kinda lags, but it ain't such a problem :d.
    funkylogik likes this.

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

Im usin o2 network official 4.1.2 firmware n its not bad, got a quadrant result in the 6XXXs and doubled my download speed.
    Its like theyve shot JB with steroids

MERRY XMAS!!!X
    Unbranded international s3 with Official 4.1.2 JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:
    GT-I9300, UK

Maybe its just me but i aint received the 4.1.2 update yet...nor has my software update message changed to that queuing one...just says latest software is already installed im in UK and my S3 is unlocked...anyone else got this issue???

Global Posts
    2,987 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

It seems like the 4.1.2 update for S3 is pushed at a faster rate (may be because it is similar 4.1.1). If anyone have info on ETA for Canada, please let us know.

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

Dont think its out for the unbranded yet mate yet again.
    I flashed the o2 version til it comes out
    @Nek
    if u remember, could you pm me when non-cariier version is released please mate.
    Dont like havin an o2 phone lol :beer:

MERRY XMAS!!!X
    Unbranded international s3 with Official 4.1.2 JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:
    GT-I9300, UK

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

It seems like the 4.1.2 update for S3 is pushed at a faster rate (may be because it is similar 4.1.1). If anyone have info on ETA for Canada, please let us know.
    Tbh, i think its more different than 4.1.1 than 4.1.1 was to ICS.
    the performance enhancements are pretty shockingly impressive

MERRY XMAS!!!X
    GT-I9300, UK

Quote Originally Posted by funkylogik View Post
    @Nek
    if u remember, could you pm me when non-cariier version is released please mate.
    Thats what i thought but every1 i know whos got an unlocked S3 have received their update. Thats why im wondering whats going on with mine and if anyone else is having this issue

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by funkylogik View Post
    @Nek
    Thats what i thought but every1 i know whos got an unlocked S3 have received their update. Thats why im wondering whats going on with mine and if anyone else is having this issue

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

0I cant find it on Sammobile n the o2 boot screen makes me wana puke lol

Is your phone completely stock Nek

MERRY XMAS!!!X
    GT-I9300, UK
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 121314151617 LastLast