04-07-2015 03:21 PM
- I downloaded the Jelly Bean 4.3 update day before yesterday and HATE IT!! Is there a way to go back to the previous 4.1.2?
I hate that I now have to swipe the screen to read a text message
I hate that it uses so much of my battery power (I now have to carry a charger with me)
I hate that it takes longer to open apps
I have the S3 on Verizon Wireless.01-16-2014 03:37 PM
- Hello all. I just got the 4.3 update a month or so ago and would now like to root my phone. I have never rooted before and the point of it would be to run it as google free as possible.
What i woild like to know is..
1 - did the 4.3 update make rooting more complicated?
2 - does it matter what OS version i am currently running when looking for a root for my phone?
3 - anyone know of a simple root that gives me the most options and controll for the SGH-I747M?
Thanks!02-16-2014 12:17 AM
Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro02-16-2014 09:02 PMLike 1
- Not rooting, but installing alternate Recovery software is more difficult, and so is loading other firmware.Yes, but there's already root methods for 4.3.Read through [ROOT] Saferoot: Root for VRUEMJ7, MK2, and Android 4.3 - xda-developers (I don't remember if it's Verizon-specific).
Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro
I have some reading to do..02-16-2014 11:43 PM
2. Perform a Factory Reset (backup your data first)
3. Reload the firmware from scratch
Try each one of those, one at a time, in that order, and see if the problem persists before moving on to the next item.
Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro03-03-2014 11:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD