[OFFICIAL] GS3 JellyBean Discussion

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Re: [OFFICIAL] GS3 JellyBean Speculation

put "SHOULD" in upper case with ""s and that would be closer :)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site

I hope the SGS3 gets JB before Nov 23, since I might get it around that date. Motorola dropped the ball badly by promising ICS for us Photon users and then telling us we're stuck with 2.3!
So I guess is time to tell Moto to go to hell and jump ship to Samsung! Hopefully the SGS3 has good reception, that's one thing Motorola does best, reception on Moto phones is normally second to none.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site

I hope the SGS3 gets JB before Nov 23, since I might get it around that date. Motorola dropped the ball badly by promising ICS for us Photon users and then telling us we're stuck with 2.3!
So I guess is time to tell Moto to go to hell and jump ship to Samsung! Hopefully the SGS3 has good reception, that's one thing Motorola does best, reception on Moto phones is normally second to none.

ive never had a problem with reception in Scotland with the global version but i have seen a lot of people on here complain about s3 reception (maybe its just the version theyre using or whatever?)
aparently Samsung are gona sell s3s with JB installed so maybe youl get that by end of Nov :) all depends on your carrier tbh mate..

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

ihatepineapple

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site

Give it to me already!!!! I have been seriously thinking about cm10 for last few weeks, guess delaying might be good now!

mssca

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site

ive never had a problem with reception in Scotland with the global version but i have seen a lot of people on here complain about s3 reception (maybe its just the version theyre using or whatever?)
On Canadian Telus network, if I don't use the phone for a long time (like 6 hours on last Saturday), it loses connection to the network and I have to reboot to get the connection back. I have no idea why, but I don't think it is an OS issue.

mzanette

Zee
Aug 22, 2012
Visit site

Good old Samsung keeps pushing that date back. From their conference when they said it'll be available "very soon", it's now stretching to November for North America. Good work.

August 30th : "very soon".

Now, "expected in November", still don't give an actual date.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

Im tired of all these stupid freakin delays!! Come on AT&T, Samsung....These update releases need a better system because there is always something delaying it, so annoying

BEARD GANG

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

Isnt the new system for the future.. That people like samsung will work closely with google before the new os is announced so when it is ready to annouce by google most companies have already tested and can roll it out asap

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site

On Canadian Telus network, if I don't use the phone for a long time (like 6 hours on last Saturday), it loses connection to the network and I have to reboot to get the connection back. I have no idea why, but I don't think it is an OS issue.

instead of rebooting, try switching flight mode on/off and see if that works mate, think it makes the phone connect to strongest tower/mast and would be much faster than reboot.
i had to do it a lot on my last carrier

mssca

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site

instead of rebooting, try switching flight mode on/off and see if that works mate, think it makes the phone connect to strongest tower/mast and would be much faster than reboot.
i had to do it a lot on my last carrier

I will try this next time and let you know how it goes... :)

eigtball

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site

I'm on Rogers and have never seen this happen. Does it always happen like you described?

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site

I'm on Rogers and have never seen this happen. Does it always happen like you described?

think it happens in areas with say two masts at equal distances away and something as simple as a tree blowing makes the one you were connected to unuseable

mssca

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site

No it is a rare thing, but it never happened before with Telus H+ network on BlackBerry. I think this may have to do with the Telus new LTE network itself. It only happened about twice over the last month(I only had this phone for about a month)

austinography

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site

Ok, now that they've announced the mini S3 running 4.1.1, how is it that the update is not rolling out more broadly? Carriers holding it up?

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site

not just the carriers, im on an unbranded international in UK and still havent got it although it will be soon.
the killer for you people in the US will be when the unbranded US s3s get JB and you have to wait for your carrier to bloat and test it.... :banghead:

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site

just noticed every US carrier on that youmobile site other than Verizon now says "expected in november".....

mzanette

Zee
Aug 22, 2012
Visit site

I have to say, my wife doesn't really care about Jelly Bean (she just wants her phone to work well) but I do. Seeing how long it's taking for Samsung to push out this update to the S3 is really turning me off from Samsung products. I'm in the market for an Android phone in the coming year and I'll be using this example in my decision process. Should I get Samsung and wait months and months after an OS update has been released before I get it on my phone? I think not.

BEARD GANG

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

The fact that the international unlocked hasnt already got it.. Is just the same flop as when the s2 never got it... They really need to work on these updates

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae