[OFFICIAL] GS3 JellyBean Discussion

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Re: [OFFICIAL] GS3 JellyBean Speculation

think ill have to reset.. check out this Quadrant score since upgrading
uploadfromtaptalk1351554970747.jpg

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

Nek_Singh

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site

Just ran quadrant and this is what i got.

Funky, let me know if the reset works. Dont fancy losing flash.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-10-30-17-16-50.png
    Screenshot_2012-10-30-17-16-50.png
    163.9 KB · Views: 49

BEARD GANG

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

7edy2uvy.jpg

Thats what i got

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

BEARD GANG

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

Mervyn, did you do the reset

Yeh bro the lady i contacted at samsung said the full reset procedure is designed to remove all the old system files.. looks like its true with my quadrant score

follow that message i posted no interruptions should be fine

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site

its somehow fixed itself
uploadfromtaptalk1351623306620.jpg

all i did was use that new JB function to remove app icons from statusbar :confused:
glad i didnt reset lol. might still do a reset soon once im rooted and backed up. might even give CM10 a try ;)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site

Just ran quadrant and this is what i got.

Funky, let me know if the reset works. Dont fancy losing flash.

you can sideload flash again so dont worry about that. i also did a soft reset (hold in power button until phone shuts down).
if youre usin a dual core s3 the score will be lower than ours but should be in the 4000s. clear ram and notification before testing and switch wifi off until the test is done

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site

@Mervin, do sport cards work on google Now in UK mate?
ive told it my team is Celtic, theyre playin now but Now has told me nuthin :(

bakeri666

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site

@Mervin, do sport cards work on google Now in UK mate?
ive told it my team is Celtic, theyre playin now but Now has told me nuthin :(

I got nothing for my team either... and if I ask for scores it does a when search instead of bringing up a score card...
Maybe an EPL supporter would have better luck (my team is in the championship)

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site

lol i added Man City just to piss Mervin off and test if i get cards for them :)

hunterx82

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site

What's the latest rumor on AT&T getting Jelly bean for the S3? I just bought it, arrivign Thurs or Fri. I'm wondering if I should bother learning how to root or just wait for JB.

Nek_Singh

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site

its somehow fixed itself
View attachment 43892

all i did was use that new JB function to remove app icons from statusbar :confused:
glad i didnt reset lol. might still do a reset soon once im rooted and backed up. might even give CM10 a try ;)

How did you do that??

XChrisX

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site

*sigh* 4.1 isn't even out for the S3 U.S. and some of the 4.2 features are already announced. What the heck.

While I agree, I doubt Samsung or any other OEM would add them anyway, outside of the enhancements to Google Now. We'll never see the panorama, or any of the camera features, and I seriously doubt we'll ever see the native JB keyboard come standard on a Samsung device either. The $350 price tag has me seriously considering buying a Nexus 4 but no LTE, and expandable memory has me thinking twice.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site

How did you do that??

its a new function in jellybean mate.
in app info you can uncheck "notifications"
handy for those annoying air-push ads :)

alan sh

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site

My OTA arrived today. Seemed to go OK. I just let it happen. Phone seems much the same as before (but with new features I still have to play with).

Baseband version is I9300XXDLID
Android is 4.1.1
Kernel is 3.0.31-368423 - 19th Oct 18:17:48 KST
Build number is JRO0C.I9300XXDLJ4

cheers

Alan

Dementikko

Oct 14, 2012
Visit site

What's the professional way to reset the Galaxy S3 after update? Can I just back up my data with the Samsung Kies and after resetting just upload them back to my Galaxy S3? Or how reset is done without losing any important content of the phone?

Thanks in advance!

mssca

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site

What's the professional way to reset the Galaxy S3 after update? Can I just back up my data with the Samsung Kies and after resetting just upload them back to my Galaxy S3? Or how reset is done without losing any important content of the phone?

Thanks in advance!
And I would recommend a factory reset after installing any new version of Android. You can download all your apps after reset from GooglePlay and you can use the data backup for the personal info such as contacts and calender(or you can you Google online backup for those as well)

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site

Thanks in advance!

you have to root and use a backup app to save app data/settings mate

hiitsmeoi

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site

okay.. i did the OTA update yesterday once again, the installation stopped at 24%(once again) with an exclamation mark. so basicly it downloads, then the installation stops at 24%. seriously what should I do here?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty