[OFFICIAL] GS3 JellyBean Discussion

demolester

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Re: [OFFICIAL] GS3 JellyBean Speculation

okay.. i did the OTA update yesterday once again, the installation stopped at 24%(once again) with an exclamation mark. so basicly it downloads, then the installation stops at 24%. seriously what should I do here?

You can try downloading via kies.
Had the same problem a day ago too.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

BEARD GANG

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: [OFFICIAL] GS3 JellyBean Speculation

okay.. i did the OTA update yesterday once again, the installation stopped at 24%(once again) with an exclamation mark. so basicly it downloads, then the installation stops at 24%. seriously what should I do here?

I was just give that back to samsung and let them sort it

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site

does your carrier have a limit or somethin mate?
have u got plenty memory?
try Kies :thumbup:

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

Last edited:

XChrisX

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
There have been an awful lot of updates to the kies app on my S3 I wonder if that means Jelly Bean is near, or maybe I'm just getting anxious for nothing.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
There have been an awful lot of updates to the kies app on my S3 I wonder if that means Jelly Bean is near, or maybe I'm just getting anxious for nothing.

think positive mate.
hopefully theyre improving Kies lol :)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

BEARD GANG

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Question: Is there are possibility we S3 users are getting the 4.2 update as well?

Yeh most likely... Probably wont be a big wait tho because we already have jb this 4.2 is just an addition rather than a whole big thing that needs to be tested

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
^that :)
s3 will get Keylime Pie too.. im sure of it.
the s2 has JB...

deanodrums

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
^that :)
s3 will get Keylime Pie too.. im sure of it.
the s2 has JB...

Keylime Pie?????? I am just getting used to Jellybean. Do android always update there OS this often??

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Keylime Pie?????? I am just getting used to Jellybean. Do android always update there OS this often??

pretty much :)
it makes it seem like we're always waiting but apple prob have their next o/s in the pipeline years before.
they just dont announce it lol.
we should just not watch the launches and read the reviews until its available to us lol :)

deanodrums

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
pretty much :)
it makes it seem like we're always waiting but apple prob have their next o/s in the pipeline years before.
they just dont announce it lol.
we should just not watch the launches and read the reviews until its available to us lol :)

Oh right,this is my first android so not sure what its all about. I havent even botherd updating my ipad to the new ios.Cant be ar*ed.

mssca

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
Yeh most likely... Probably wont be a big wait tho because we already have jb this 4.2 is just an addition rather than a whole big thing that needs to be tested

I hope this is true, but this all depend on your service provider. From past experience, Canadian companies takes a loong time to release updates (even the minor updates).

reeneebob

Banned
Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
I hope this is true, but this all depend on your service provider. From past experience, Canadian companies takes a loong time to release updates (even the minor updates).

Bell got the maintenance updates wayyyy before Rogers or Telus, so I imagine Bell/Virgin will be first for jb as well. I know it was first for gb for the i9000m.

I've got blisters on me fingers!!! from using Tapatalk 2

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
bet unlocked UK gets it last again :)

hell_on_heels

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I believe it.....I'm so glad I got away from Verizon

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

We live n a very small town and don't get service with Verizon so we r on US cellular, still no update with them either. Sucks.

o_O WISHING I HAD WAITED AND GOT THE NOTE 2, ANYONE WANNA TRADE? o>_<o~

mssca

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
Anyone here have any news about Telus 4.1 update? I am still waiting and for some reason Kies come up with new device software update message, but when I connected to the computer, it displays that I have the current version. :(

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Anyone here have any news about Telus 4.1 update? I am still waiting and for some reason Kies come up with new device software update message, but when I connected to the computer, it displays that I have the current version. :(

try reinstalling kies and restarting PC. kies is a pest.
dont know if its released for telus yet.
what happens when u check for update in "about device" settings on phone?

Youmobile website has a list of when JB is released for each carrier btw.. i deleted the bookmark sorry

mssca

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
try reinstalling kies and restarting PC. kies is a pest.
dont know if its released for telus yet.
what happens when u check for update in "about device" settings on phone?

Youmobile website has a list of when JB is released for each carrier btw.. i deleted the bookmark sorry

Yes I do have the link for that website. On the phone it comes back as there are no updates at this time. However, this computer software is giving me false hope once in every 3 days or so with a freaking message (which gets me excited for nothing). FML

mzanette

Zee
Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Yes I do have the link for that website. On the phone it comes back as there are no updates at this time. However, this computer software is giving me false hope once in every 3 days or so with a freaking message (which gets me excited for nothing). FML

Rogers guy here. I trust the website which means it isn't released yet.

Canada (BMC,VMC,Rogers) → Pending...
Canada (BELL,Wind,Telus) → Pending...

I'm sure once it's released it'll be news and you'll hear about it quite quickly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy