[OFFICIAL] GS3 JellyBean Discussion

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Is there anyway to open Google Now cards without pressing the home button and choosing from the pop-up menu? I tried Google Search mic icon and it only open the Google Now voice input.

I don't want to break the physical button.

Thanks.

Long press menu button in home screen or use an ugly searchbar widget :)

The statusbar dont seem so different. Someone post it with black background

Unbranded international s3 with Official JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:

ChuckeeDroid

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
Is there anyway to open Google Now cards without pressing the home button and choosing from the pop-up menu? I tried Google Search mic icon and it only open the Google Now voice input.

Thanks.

You have to setup access to "Google search" not voice search.
I mapped it to a quick launch icon in the lock screen.
I also mapped it to "Google Search" in Nova Launcher Prime.
The centre dock icon is mapped so that if you swipe it up, it launches Google Now. Kind of like stock Jelly Bean.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Google search literaly HAS become Google Now.
Ask it in voice the square root of 634018 and itl read it to you.
1st time voice rec has actualy been useful and quicker for me :)

P.s if you want a cute lil microphone shortcut to talk to your phone....
Download "Custom ICS Search" widget add normally for a widget but ul get colour options so under the colour selecter theres a slider, make "frame" and "google" trasparent by sliding it to checkered.
Make the lil mic any colour u want, save.
Then on homepage, long press it, select "resise" n make the big pointles box as wee as it shall goeth

Unbranded international s3 with Official JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:

Last edited:

mssca

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
You have to setup access to "Google search" not voice search.
I mapped it to a quick launch icon in the lock screen.
I also mapped it to "Google Search" in Nova Launcher Prime.
The centre dock icon is mapped so that if you swipe it up, it launches Google Now. Kind of like stock Jelly Bean.

How do you do that? Google Voice is not appearing on custom short cut list nor the list for home screen short cuts. Only Google+ and Google Search is there... and to take the confusion out, what I meant by Google Voice, what I really mean s Google Cards. (The screen with all the cards)

ChuckeeDroid

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
How do you do that? Google Voice is not appearing on custom short cut list nor the list for home screen short cuts. Only Google+ and Google Search is there... and to take the confusion out, what I meant by Google Voice, what I really mean s Google Cards. (The screen with all the cards)

Oh I get what you mean. I was " multitasking" on my last message. It wasn't clear...

To get the shortcut on your lock screen:
Settings -> lock screen: set to "swipe"
Go into shortcuts. Set one of the shortcuts to " Google". It's a blue icon with the letter G.

Unless you use Nova Prime, my second method won't interest you.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Simply, while at homepage, hold down the "menu" (lil invisible button to the left of HOME) for like half a second and youre in Now :)

mssca

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
Simply, while at homepage, hold down the "menu" (lil invisible button to the left of HOME) for like half a second and youre in Now :)

Wow that is perfect.... Thank You so much!

mssca

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
Sorry guys for asking so many questions :(

Is there a way to increase the distance between shortcut icons on home screen if you have less than the max amount? For example, if I only have two shortcuts, the lock screen place them side by side about one icon apart. Is there a hidden option that can increase the distance between them? (specially for people who have fat fingers like me... LOL)

reeneebob

Banned
Aug 21, 2010
Visit site

Thanks.

I'm on apex launcher and set it so up swiping on the screen launches it.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

ChuckeeDroid

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
Sorry guys for asking so many questions :(

Is there a way to increase the distance between shortcut icons on home screen if you have less than the max amount? For example, if I only have two shortcuts, the lock screen place them side by side about one icon apart. Is there a hidden option that can increase the distance between them? (specially for people who have fat fingers like me... LOL)

You can do it with a third party launcher like Nova or Apex. I prefer Nova. There are nice features not available in Touchwiz.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk 2

mssca

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
Is there any reason why my Google Voice won't talk back to me? (yes the always speak back is ON) I remember reading something like that here, but I cannot find the thread. So far I tried the following:
-Set all the default language across every app to US English.
-Set ONLY the Google Voice to US English while leaving Canadian English for system default
-Set ONLY the Google Voice to Canadian English and set the system default to US English
-Make sure the media volume is high (in fact I made all the volume for the device high)
-Make sure Google Search and all the other search option access is ON for Google Voice

Nothing works. The question I asked was: "What's the weather in Calgary?" Also tried, "Who is the President of USA?". Both came back with right answers and yet she won't speak to me! :( Yes, the search results are right and it even show the weather in a card. While the demo on Google website, when the weather card is requested by voice, it speak back!

ChuckeeDroid

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
Is there any reason why my Google Voice won't talk back to me? (yes the always speak back is ON) I remember reading something like that here, but I cannot find the thread. So far I tried the following:
-Set all the default language across every app to US English.
-Set ONLY the Google Voice to US English while leaving Canadian English for system default
-Set ONLY the Google Voice to Canadian English and set the system default to US English
-Make sure the media volume is high (in fact I made all the volume for the device high)
-Make sure Google Search and all the other search option access is ON for Google Voice

Nothing works. The question I asked was: "What's the weather in Calgary?" Also tried, "Who is the President of USA?". Both came back with right answers and yet she won't speak to me! :( Yes, the search results are right and it even show the weather in a card. While the demo on Google website, when the weather card is requested by voice, it speak back!

Download "Locale Setting" from the playstore and use it to set the system locale to English (US).

mssca

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
Download "Locale Setting" from the playstore and use it to set the system locale to English (US).

WOW... you are the BEST! THANK YOU SOOOOOO much! Now she talks to me!. Just out of curiosity, what settings on the phone it change?

MikaelPe

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
Re: [OFFICIAL] GS3 JellyBean Speculation

All, we here at iBOLT are starting to get a bettter grasp on the missing car-mode and aux-out features in Jellybean when used with a car-dock. Based on our current understanding (please correct this if anyone know anything different...) the following is the situation:

1. For any Jellybean formally released by any US or Canadian Carrier the car-mode and aux-out will work properly, this was proven when Sprint launched the Jellybean version a few weeks ago. The upcoming release for AT&T, Verizon and others will also have these features properly incorporated. This means that if you have a car-dock, type the iBOLT version we are offering for sale online or in Verizon stores you can safely continue to use it or buy it if you have not yet. So essentially it appears that Samsung US (headquarter in TX) is on the ball and know what they are doing so let's not yell at them anymore...

2. The International version of S III is essentially a completely different phone as it's using a different processor and is even slightly different in size. The firmware implemented in this version is derived from the Polish JB version, where Samsung has a big software Team. That is also why the Polish version is 1st out when new JB releases starts rolling out. As the development of this JB version is done independently from the US version they have different feature sets. Many US consumers have purchased an unlocked phone, which would by default use a European firmware update instead of US carrier specific. Many US advanced users have also rooted their phones and are downloading the Polish/German/UK version of JB, or a non-official version of some kind and they are pretty much without exception missing the car-mode and aux-out feature set. Based on multiple contacts with Samsung customer support representatives in Europe we have high hopes Samsung Poland will turn these features on again in the next release but no guarantees of course.

I hope the above makes sense? A lot of information with good news for North American drivers and "please hold" for our European friends

anon(823957)

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Re: [OFFICIAL] GS3 JellyBean Speculation

All, we here at iBOLT are starting to get a bettter grasp on the missing car-mode and aux-out features in Jellybean when used with a car-dock. Based on our current understanding (please correct this if anyone know anything different...) the following is the situation:

1. For any Jellybean formally released by any US or Canadian Carrier the car-mode and aux-out will work properly, this was proven when Sprint launched the Jellybean version a few weeks ago. The upcoming release for AT&T, Verizon and others will also have these features properly incorporated. This means that if you have a car-dock, type the iBOLT version we are offering for sale online or in Verizon stores you can safely continue to use it or buy it if you have not yet. So essentially it appears that Samsung US (headquarter in TX) is on the ball and know what they are doing so let's not yell at them anymore...

2. The International version of S III is essentially a completely different phone as it's using a different processor and is even slightly different in size. The firmware implemented in this version is derived from the Polish JB version, where Samsung has a big software Team. That is also why the Polish version is 1st out when new JB releases starts rolling out. As the development of this JB version is done independently from the US version they have different feature sets. Many US consumers have purchased an unlocked phone, which would by default use a European firmware update instead of US carrier specific. Many US advanced users have also rooted their phones and are downloading the Polish/German/UK version of JB, or a non-official version of some kind and they are pretty much without exception missing the car-mode and aux-out feature set. Based on multiple contacts with Samsung customer support representatives in Europe we have high hopes Samsung Poland will turn these features on again in the next release but no guarantees of course.

I hope the above makes sense? A lot of information with good news for North American drivers and "please hold" for our European friends

Have you confirmed this with Canadian Jelly Bean devices? I see you have with Sprint, but not for any others? I'm supposed to be receiving an iBolt for Christmas but will be disappointed if it does not work properly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz