I could be at someones house have a bad connection
and friend was going to let me use password to her wifi
but cell couldnt locate her wifi
it also happened again when I was at a hair salon - I could have connected to theirs but when i turned on wifi and pressed scan
it didnt see it and then it would turn the wifi off
is there a certain setting i need to be on
I need to know since I will be going out of the country and will need wifi connection
to use internet on phone - thanks for your assistance !!!
my carrier is Verizon galaxy s3
- 09-11-2012, 03:38 PM #2
- 09-11-2012, 04:20 PM #4
- 09-11-2012, 11:56 PM #5
- 1,041 Posts
Re: wifi scanning
It's possible that their routers were configured to NOT broadcast the SSID, in which case your phone wouldn't see them. This isn't commonly done, though, so I'm not sure what else to suggest other than what the previous person mentioned (turn WiFi off/on; turn phone off/on).
I'm assuming that it still works fine at home?
Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2
- By haizzz in forum Android App InventorReplies: 2Last Post: 02-21-2012, 01:13 PM
- By irafcummings in forum Motorola DroidReplies: 9Last Post: 01-11-2012, 11:17 AM
- By NismoZ in forum Sprint Galaxy S II Epic 4G TouchReplies: 2Last Post: 01-02-2012, 03:47 PM
- By titanoman in forum T-Mobile Galaxy S IIReplies: 2Last Post: 11-06-2011, 08:16 AM
- By dylanabby in forum Verizon HTC ThunderboltReplies: 0Last Post: 07-22-2011, 11:45 PM