Best SMS app for s3?

xxx420

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
Just want to get people's opinions on what they think is the best text messaging app for this phone and why. Thanks for your input.

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
I use stock but I also use handcent for their notification settings

On my Samsung galaxy s3 running android 4.0

Because unlike ios, i keep my apps in app drawers, and not in infinite cluttered homescreens

aimeejean

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
By far GO SMS Pro, i love it! You can change themes so many to choose from. You can also download GO SMS Pro emoji plugin and send emojis to iPhone users.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums

jivegirl14

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
Go SMS pro. It's so customizable and regularly updated. I have been using it since July when I first got my Samsung Galaxy SIII. I love it. I actually have mine set to look like the iphone text theme - neat. But there are many other themes to choose from many are free. It just works very well. I switch between text and what'sapp but text quite a bit.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Android Central Forums

lbkiml

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
I like the stock message app. It's has a simple look that I want, without all the fancy fonts, colors, themes, etc.
I tried handcent but the colors are kinda "flat" and cartoonish, and don't want any ads anywhere.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Go Sms. spend a couple of hours custmising EVERYTHING (font, colour, size in each screen; conversation list, conversation, pop-up bubbles etc)
send pics, voice clips, hand writing, doodles, emoji to other users for the cost of a normal sms (not mms) and best of all its free.
love it :)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or crazy) guess ;)

BMIC50

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
When I first got my E4GT last September, I wanted to set individual notification sounds, as I was used to this on my Pre. I quickly migrated to Handcent and was able to do that, and is a great app that allows you to customize till your heart is content! But a similar thread like this exposed me to Go SMS and I nibbled and now it is my favorite! Now I have individual vibration pattern for people like my wife and son including custom notification symbols and more. I haven't tried Handcent in over 6 months, but I am sure you cannot go wrong with either one. But one thing I do prefer is Handcent's App Icon.Thanks to Go Launcher, I can change that as well!

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Just want to get people's opinions on what they think is the best text messaging app for this phone and why. Thanks for your input.

I like Glowfly. It uses the stock app but allows notification customizations for individual contacts.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

archer23

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
I like Glowfly. It uses the stock app but allows notification customizations for individual contacts.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

I tried it, but it didn't allow for the LED to show the right color and the number in the red circle would stay on the icon on the home screen until reboot. I really liked it, and SMS Popup but neither work properly on this phone.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Does go sms have notifications on the lock screen like the stock app has? That's what has kept me from using handcent.

yeah mate if you set it up to use pop-ups (on Widget Locker lockscreen anyway, havent tried the rest) ;)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or crazy) guess ;)

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
one great thing about the custom sms apps (on Go anyway) is if you have bad eyes or have problems reading text while drunk, you can set the font to be HUGE and use any font and background colour possible from a light-grid :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar