Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Best SMS app for s3?

Just want to get people's opinions on what they think is the best text messaging app for this phone and why. Thanks for your input.

Default Re: Best SMS app for s3?

I use stock but I also use handcent for their notification settings

On my Samsung galaxy s3 running android 4.0

Because unlike ios, i keep my apps in app drawers, and not in infinite cluttered homescreens
    Android is a tune up sports car with custom interior, sound system, and IOS is a stock model benz

I use Android, because unlike IOS, i keep my apps in app drawers, and not infinitely cluttered homescreens

Default Best SMS app for s3?

People still use text ??

Quote Originally Posted by sir.mervyn.king View Post
    People still use text ??
    People still talk on the phone with their mouths?

This is 2012,get with the times, lol

Because unlike ios, i keep my apps in app drawers, and not in infinite cluttered homescreens
    Android is a tune up sports car with custom interior, sound system, and IOS is a stock model benz

I use Android, because unlike IOS, i keep my apps in app drawers, and not infinitely cluttered homescreens

By far GO SMS Pro, i love it! You can change themes so many to choose from. You can also download GO SMS Pro emoji plugin and send emojis to iPhone users.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums

Go SMS pro. It's so customizable and regularly updated. I have been using it since July when I first got my Samsung Galaxy S3. I love it. I actually have mine set to look like the iphone text theme - neat. But there are many other themes to choose from many are free. It just works very well. I switch between text and what'sapp but text quite a bit.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Android Central Forums
    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 - LTE.

Global Posts
    289 Global Posts

I like the stock message app. It's has a simple look that I want, without all the fancy fonts, colors, themes, etc.
    I tried handcent but the colors are kinda "flat" and cartoonish, and don't want any ads anywhere.
    cjsmoove likes this.

Why no love for ChompSMS? I think it runs the smoothest of the bunch.

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

Go Sms. spend a couple of hours custmising EVERYTHING (font, colour, size in each screen; conversation list, conversation, pop-up bubbles etc)
    send pics, voice clips, hand writing, doodles, emoji to other users for the cost of a normal sms (not mms) and best of all its free.
    love it

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or crazy) guess
    GT-I9300, UK

Global Posts
    2,618 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS 4.0.4

Quote Originally Posted by xxx420 View Post
    Just want to get people's opinions on what they think is the best text messaging app for this phone and why. Thanks for your input.
    My favorite is handcent.
    Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note 2, Verizon Galaxy S4, or N7, or MacBook Air
    vudugan likes this.

Global Posts
    1,857 Global Posts
    ROM
    TeamSonicFreeGS3 v9.1

Quote Originally Posted by PaulDroidR2D2 View Post
    My favorite is handcent.
    +1 here

Quote Originally Posted by Soundtrack to Chaos View Post
    People still talk on the phone with their mouths?

This is 2012,get with the times, lol

No i was serious... As in doesnt everyone have whatsapp now
    funkylogik and gooochimike like this.

Global Posts
    2,827 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock...for now

When I first got my E4GT last September, I wanted to set individual notification sounds, as I was used to this on my Pre. I quickly migrated to Handcent and was able to do that, and is a great app that allows you to customize till your heart is content! But a similar thread like this exposed me to Go SMS and I nibbled and now it is my favorite! Now I have individual vibration pattern for people like my wife and son including custom notification symbols and more. I haven't tried Handcent in over 6 months, but I am sure you cannot go wrong with either one. But one thing I do prefer is Handcent's App Icon.Thanks to Go Launcher, I can change that as well!
    Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Palm Pre -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch->Samsung GS3 16GB Pebble Blue->LG G3 White

Does go sms have notifications on the lock screen like the stock app has? That's what has kept me from using handcent.

Quote Originally Posted by xxx420 View Post
    I like Glowfly. It uses the stock app but allows notification customizations for individual contacts.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    19 Global Posts

I use KIK messanger with my friend and my cousin for group texting. Works pretty well, no complaints
    Zee

Global Posts
    643 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by joshuapingley View Post
    Why no love for ChompSMS? I think it runs the smoothest of the bunch.
    I installed ChompSMS on my wife's S3 and she's had no issues. Seems like a solid app and has the aforementioned emoji plugin as well that someone touted for SMS Pro

Quote Originally Posted by ansextra View Post
    I like Glowfly. It uses the stock app but allows notification customizations for individual contacts.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    I tried it, but it didn't allow for the LED to show the right color and the number in the red circle would stay on the icon on the home screen until reboot. I really liked it, and SMS Popup but neither work properly on this phone.

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyshinta View Post
    Does go sms have notifications on the lock screen like the stock app has? That's what has kept me from using handcent.
    yeah mate if you set it up to use pop-ups (on Widget Locker lockscreen anyway, havent tried the rest)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or crazy) guess
    GT-I9300, UK

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

one great thing about the custom sms apps (on Go anyway) is if you have bad eyes or have problems reading text while drunk, you can set the font to be HUGE and use any font and background colour possible from a light-grid

GT-I9300, UK

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

Best SMS app for s3?-uploadfromtaptalk1347573558724.jpgBest SMS app for s3?-uploadfromtaptalk1347573579613.jpg

GT-I9300, UK

ROM
    Stock

If you use MMS or Group messages give Go SMS pro a try. The stock app F's up group messages....

My sms of choice is ChompSMS

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

Quote Originally Posted by pank View Post
    If you use MMS or Group messages give Go SMS pro a try. The stock app F's up group messages....
    great thing with Go Sms is that if your friends use it too, you can send pics, voice etc within a normal sms (not mms) so it comes out of your text allowance or is at least cheaper than mms

GT-I9300, UK

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

a "doodle" on Go Sms
    Best SMS app for s3?-uploadfromtaptalk1347586905125.jpg

its a lighthouse by the way, my drawing sucks

GT-I9300, UK
    danesusername likes this.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast