Auto Brightness...

djgadget

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
What I mean is, even though Auto Brightness is a functionality provided with the Brightness setting, how many of you have the "check box" checked... I find the constant dimming of the display annoying, but would assume that it would drain the battery considerably faster...

Rasta4i

Rackness

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
I leave my setting on auto. When i am using my phone i am not typically moving around and into varying light environments so my display tends to not fluctuate. The brightness will vary obviously if i am in a bright room and move to a dark room or vise versa but once it changes it stays consistent untill i alter my environment.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

blade22222

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I use it and it's very stable. Like rackness doesn't change unless I'm moving into different lighting environments.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

muiriddin

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I have it turned off and find it annoying for the most part. Although I occasionally wish I had it on when I'm in the "big blue room" and can't see the screen very well! On my fascinate it didn't change as dramatically or as quickly... I wish I could tune the settings for it on my stock S3...

And another reason to root the device goes on the list!

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
What I mean is, even though Auto Brightness is a functionality provided with the Brightness setting, how many of you have the "check box" checked... I find the constant dimming of the display annoying, but would assume that it would drain the battery considerably faster...

Rasta4i

I also find it annoying too. That is why I don't use it.

worwig

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
I always have mine on auto and USUALLY like it that way. But for some reason the S3 has an annoying tendence to auto dim, and then not get bright for a long time even in a bright room. My other Android phones didn't do that, and my Verizon S3 and a coworkers ATT S3 both do it.
I'm sort of looking for a fix, but it isn't a big enough issue, just an odd irritant.

beavo451

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I do and I love it. Sometumes it does dim a little to much, but I'm just glad it actually works. Unlike the iPhone where auto brightness will brighten to adjust, but it will not dim without locking and unlocking the phone.

bogeyx5

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I keep it on auto brightness but it sometimes can be annoying, especially when I turn it on as I'm pulling it out of my pocket or out of the holster. Starts out really dark and I have to wait a bit for it to adjust to the appropriate brightness. Minor annoyance, that's all.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad