Recommendations for a better running s3

deanodrums

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sire is there is a thread for this topic. So I thought I'll do one anyway.
This could be useful for everyone and people who like are new to android and Samsung phones.

So basically. What do you guys recommend to have a smoother s3. Your recommended apps,launchers etc.

I am still finding my way around my s3 and eventually I will get there.

So over to you guys :D

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

cyanogen-man

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
Do your research about rooting and an cyanogen mod with Nelly bean it removes all that touch wiz BS and makes it smoother but if you want to stay stock that's respectable

INSPIRE AOKP ICE COLD SANDWICH ROM ;)

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
i recommend trusting the phone to handle its RAM efficiently, dont worry about killing apps or anything. mine scores higher in Quadrant benchmark (phone test app) when my ram is nearly all being used :)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or crazy) guess ;)

HOLLYWOODANT215

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sire is there is a thread for this topic. So I thought I'll do one anyway.
This could be useful for everyone and people who like are new to android and Samsung phones.

So basically. What do you guys recommend to have a smoother s3. Your recommended apps,launchers etc.

I am still finding my way around my s3 and eventually I will get there.

So over to you guys :D

First thing u do is go to settings developer options put animation and transition speed off if u want is super fast or put it on 2 for real smooth iphone like transition...

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

deanodrums

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
This is good stuff. Not only will this be helpful to myself but to others.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
not sure if this speeds anything up but i always disable the bloatware and system apps that i dont use (ONLY disable the apps visible in app drawer and dont disable Messaging or any sms app you use wont work)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or crazy) guess ;)

deanodrums

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
Ok if possible could you list the ones you have disabled? If that it's not to much trouble? I have disabled most of the apps I don't use or will need.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
ok, ill see if i can fit em in one or two screenshots mate. i have an unbranded phone so there was no carrier bloat...

deanodrums

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
Yea mine is as well. From nearly all the posts I've seen your s3 is in my eyes the exact same as mine. Unbranded international. I do have another question. I may start it in another post but I'll ask here to. When I restart my phone,I do that from time to time, I get a message at the bottom of the screen saying unable to download. Please try again later. Any ideas of where to start looking?

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
ive no idea man, never had that message. do u use a torrent app or anything?
man i took 5 screenshots of my disabled apps but the AC app wont let me post em. il try later mate ;)

deanodrums

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
Yea I have an app called gTunes music. Pretty good app :D cheers man thanks for your help. I pretty much think I have disabled all bloatware. The maps I don't use so I disabled that.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
yeah me too coz im sick of it starting itself. il just enable it whenever i need it. i disabled all the "S-" apps lol
dont know why these screenshots arent uploading. it says theyr wrong dimension but ive uploaded 100s of screenshots...
yeah gtunes is good man, tTorrent is GREAT. was just wondering if it was gtunes causing that message if the app starts on boot...

deanodrums

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
I think its something wrong with ac as I have trued to update my profile but says I'm not connected to the server.
That's probably why

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
yeah im gettin something like "no reply from server"

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
if u wana pm ur email ill send the screenshots if u like but i basicly only disabled stuff i understood that was visible in app drawer. i remember someone posted a link ages ago to a list of whats safe to uninstall

deanodrums

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
I have also seen a post about what was safe to uninstall. But I didn't take note of it. I will have to trudge through the forum when on a pc and see if I can find it.

Roffles

May 7, 2010
Visit site
You MUST root and install an ad blocker. It makes loading full desktop sites on chrome lightning fast and also all the ad supported apps run smoother with less distraction. Also, I find Nova Launcher to be an overall smother and more functional launcher than the stock Touchwiz UI.

deanodrums

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
As I'm new to this I think I'll leave it as it is. Too scared to mess it up. Haha. Though I will have a look at nova. Thanks for your suggestions.

lbkiml

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
I don't know about everyone else, but my S3 was smooth out of the box...
TW or Nova, didn't matter. Though I chose Nova (even though there are trade-offs between the two)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar