Root to unroot

neek87

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Last week I rooted my GS3, realized I didn't know what I was doing, and then unrooted it all within a 24 hour period.

My question is this: when the Jelly Bean update is released, is it automatically gonna be sent to my phone over the air? (By the way, I think when I unrooted my phone I updated it to the not-so recent version of software because I now have the universal search option that Samsung removed earlier this summer. So I have no idea if this will effect any OTA updates as well).

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Srambo217

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
I don?t see why it wouldn't push OTA. Download/try to install AdFree to verify it's unrooted. If need be you can simply flash the stock unrooted build/kernel via Odin.

Use Section 6 - forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1762709

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
I don?t see why it wouldn't push OTA. Download/try to install AdFree to verify it's unrooted. If need be you can simply flash the stock unrooted build/kernel via Odin.

Use Section 6 - forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1762709

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

theres also "root check" or "root checker" app. think youll still get the update mate ;)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or crazy) guess ;)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay