Can anyone help me...?

nbdiver

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
All of a sudden I have a voice describing things in apps and in web browsers. I did not activate any new apps, have only been playing with tasker but have done no tasks with any voice activation. I've also checked and I am not in any driving mode in Vlingo or any other apps. Any ideas how to shut this off? Its happening in ESPN Fantasy Football app as well as when browsing on Firefox. Please help as this is really annoying. I am new to android and don't know what else this could be. Thanks in advance.

sfrrr

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
maybe one of your accessibility settings is on? Check your Settings.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
and uninstall Light Flow if you have it

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or crazy) guess ;)

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
i might actualy try the accessability functions.
a blind dude on another forum swears by iOs accessability and is always shooting down android

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or crazy) guess ;)

ScandaLeX

Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
and uninstall Light Flow if you have it

What is it about this app? It either wreaks habit on the device it's installed on or throws other apps into absolute chaos?

Tap'n from my White SGT2 7.0 SE

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
What is it about this app? It either wreaks habit on the device it's installed on or throws other apps into absolute chaos?

Tap'n from my White SGT2 7.0 SE

only on the US variants i think. it seems to mess around with accessability :(
works great on mine. just got the full version for facebook notifications :)

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
none mate sorry :(
ask around in a few forums and if noone can help, its a factory reset job...

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
p.s. have you tried uninstalling tasker? that sounds like most likely candidate

nbdiver

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
It's not tasker. Guess I will have to restore defaults. This will be my first time. Is there anyway to save all my current settings so I can restore to my current state?
p.s. have you tried uninstalling tasker? that sounds like most likely candidate

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
All of a sudden I have a voice describing things in apps and in web browsers. I did not activate any new apps, have only been playing with tasker but have done no tasks with any voice activation. I've also checked and I am not in any driving mode in Vlingo or any other apps. Any ideas how to shut this off? Its happening in ESPN Fantasy Football app as well as when browsing on Firefox. Please help as this is really annoying. I am new to android and don't know what else this could be. Thanks in advance.

I would not do a factory reset until exhausting all other avenues. This sounds like something that can be fixed with a little troubleshooting. What exactly is the voice describing?

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Is there a way to root and return to factory settings without Verizon knowing that I rooted so I can not void the warranty?

yeah u can un-root but i dont know what would happen if the phone bricked and you were unable to un-root it.. weather the engineers would be able to tell.
im tryin not to root mine until guarantee runs out or i can afford to insure it

nbdiver

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
It basically describes whatever area you touch within the espn app and on Google Chrome. It circles the area you touch in an orange circle or square and reads what's in that square. It's the same voice as if you did the text to speech example under settings then language and input. I have gone through that entire section several times and TTS is not on nor is talk back. Any ideas?
I would not do a factory reset until exhausting all other avenues. This sounds like something that can be fixed with a little troubleshooting. What exactly is the voice describing?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
If you have not done so yet, turn phone off and remove battery. Reinstall and see if this solves your issue? If not, go into app settings for talk back and clear data, reboot. Does this solve your issue?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance