Can't find google calendar in my s3 phone

hosshaku

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm trying to use google cloud to sync my outlook calendar and contacts to my s3 phone. I understand I have to have a google calendar. I have the google calendar on my PC but am unable to find a way to download the google calendar into my phone. I know this is a simple thing, but I am drawing a blank. im thinking the calendar is probably an app that can be downloaded but I can't find out how. thank you for any help

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
try just using the samsung calender. i just use Go Calender Widget and it syncs with google

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or crazy) guess ;)

hosshaku

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the replys. I am now using the samsung native calendar. I opened the calendar, clicked on menu>settings>sync. it seems to be syncing briefly , but no data is transfered. when I go to the google calendar on my desktop pc there is no option to "sync". No data has been transfered. Why is there no option to sync? must be something wrong.
some background, a few days ago I downloaded a trial version of "companion link" sync software. I want to sync via "cloud" I've been struggling with it and then I found out about google cloud syncing and I don't have to pay $49.99. I prefere to use one that doesn't cost providing it will do the job. please give your opinions. if i must pay then fine, but at this point i'm not convinced that "companion link" is that reliable If google cloud will do the job as good, then it's a no brainer. Back to my origional question, I wonder why the samsung calendar won't sync with google calendar and "contacts, and then after that my goal would be to sync outlook calendar and contacts to my samsung phone. thanks as always. Bob L.

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
One oddity I found with Google's calendar sync is, for me, it didn't sync down all my past entries. Never figured out why and I'd searched it online and found many complain of it. I guess their mentality is "it's in the past so why do you need it"? I dunno, but anything newly created synced over fine. So, I went into the Calendar in Gmail and Exported it, I think the format was iCal. I think went into the Google Play store and there is an iCal converter, since the calender I am using needed a conversion of the exported file.

Anyhow, I got the whole calendar added to my phone and everything syncs up ok. Inconvenient process of course but it worked. Just did a quick search on exporting the calendar. Here ya go:

http://support.google.com/calendar/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=37111

Rev.

hosshaku

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. still unable to sync outlook and google calendar. an error message pops up when I boot up my pc. as follows. "USERNAME AND PASSWORD DO NOT MATCH " etc. etc. is the user name for google account supposed to be different than gmail account on the galaxy phone?

geer_matt@hotmail.com

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
I highly recommend "Business Calendar" from the app store, it will sync with Google calendar and for $5 it totally rocks, huge customization features, and is just totally slick all the way around. If you use a calendar all the time, you can't go wrong with Business Calendar.

KreepyKen

Just a cool guy
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
I highly recommend "Business Calendar" from the app store, it will sync with Google calendar and for $5 it totally rocks, huge customization features, and is just totally slick all the way around. If you use a calendar all the time, you can't go wrong with Business Calendar.

I agree with this, although I use Business Calendar primarily for the agenda widget. Keeps a tidy list of upcoming items on my screen without ever needing to open the calendar app.

vcreecher

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Make sure you have Google calendar checked. Do this when in native calendar app, tap calendars up top.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci