16GB or 32GB for S3?

jKickeR

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
hey hey!

I am currently a BB owner but considering switching to the S3. Looks realy good and all. My concern is the storage.

I only plan on running apps/email/camera stuff.

Would 16GB be enough or should I make the move for the 32?

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I got the 16 GB Pebble Blue on AT&T with a 64 GB micro sdxc Class 10 card. Take it from another RIM owner...you will love the GS3. I have mine since June 21st and haven't looked back.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet

GtoJon

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
16gb would be plenty, but when it come time to sell it for the new one, the 32gb will be worth a lot more ;)

Cheers, Jon

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Considering your already paying $200 for 16 gb. Might as well go the extra $50 if its not too hard on your budget and grab the 32 gb.

You'll have that extra 16 gb built in "internal storage" plus the optional SDCARD.

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I believe that more storage is definitely better. That may be your plans now, but as you learn all that this phone can do you migiht want to do more down the road. It's better safe than sorry. I am very glad I bought the 32 and added another 32 sd card. Good luck and welcome!

worwig

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
I got a 32gb unit and put in a 32gb card. I have them about 1/2 full already with videos, music, photos and maps. If you are going to carry a number of videos and such, get the 32 gb unit.

Rackness

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
I always opt for the largest memory available. As long as the price difference is reasonable. I would rather have space I don't end up using than being stuck wishing i had more space. I spend extended periods of time without access to a wifi or cellular data connection so the ability to store loads of data locally is important to me. Imho for 50 dollars and no negative tradeoffs the choice is clear.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I choose the 32GB version because I like to swap mSD cards between phone and tablet when travelling and I prefer to not have to worry about rationing storage space on the phone.

That said, there's no reason why a person couldn’t get along with only 16GB of space. That’s plenty of space for using the phone, you just need to be mindful about clearing out older stuff (apps, games, videos, pictures) more often.

-Suntan

joshwithachance

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Do you need more than 12GB for apps? If so, get the 32GB. Otherwise, I'm using a 16GB S3 with all of my music, videos, and photos loaded onto a 32GB SD card.

Madness87

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Same... In canada, the 16 gb is a no brainer. It's as cheap as $99-$159. You can get a 32 gb MicroSD for like $18 bucks and get a total of nearly 48 gb. I think 12 gb is more than enough for apps. I've downloaded so many, and still haven't cracked 10 gb. The majority of downloads, videos, photos, attachments, documents, even larger games that require like 400 mb downloads is all saved to my SD card.

---------- Post Merged at 03:54 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 03:51 AM ----------

Why do you need to be mindful though? You can set it so that your photos, videos, downloads, documents are saved to the external SD Card... I think I have well over 100+ apps, and I still have so much gb free on the phone's memory.

With dropbox providing me 50gb as well, I don't see the need to be mindful at all. I don't mean any offence, but it's more about having the largest for largest sake, than actual need.

Even4steven

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
All that move to SD card stuff gets old real fast. Go 32 and keep as much in the clouds as possible and never have to worry about room....

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
All that move to SD card stuff gets old real fast. Go 32 and keep as much in the clouds as possible and never have to worry about room....

sounds like an i-fan comment man sorry :p

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or crazy) guess ;)