Best case for samsung galaxy s3?

leegodsell

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
I use the otterbox commuter it adds a little bulk to the phone but also adds a lot of protection.
I work in a warehouse so the added protection is a must. I would look at how and where you use your phone to decide what case you need if like myself you work in a place where your likely to give it a few knocks then go for the otterbox if you work in an office then maybe just a gel skin would be better.
In the end the decision is yours but as a user of the otterbox I really like the added protection and cam live with the added bulk.

Sent from my S3 via Tapatalk

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
The OB Defender case is definitely worth it. There is a drop test video by SmartphonePedia Sales with the GS3 encased in a Defender case that was enough to convince me.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet

UnfocusedHTC

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I've used the commuter on all 4 of my smart phones and it has saved every single one of them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
The defender all the way. I have a white s3 and i bought the glacier colored case; i dont like the built in screen protectors cause they degrade the screen so as i did with my last phone i decided to rip out the screen protector and stick a zagg hd on this badd boy. Doesnt grade quality,phones looks sexy (and looks 1 of a kind trust me!!) And the phone is protected. Imo i loved the s3 naked,but it was kinnda hard to hold w/o feelinq i was qonna drop it. So i put the OB Def. And its easier to grip imo. Cheak out that combo. :)

Sent from my S3:)

Wnrgway

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Best case is subjective. It's a tradeoff between protection and bulk. Otterbox Defender and Seidio Convert offer excellent protection, but I wouldn't want to carry them in my pocket. Both are offered with a belt clip.

Personally I like the Seidio Active dual layer case with kickstand. Decent protection, pocketable, only adds 4.4mm.

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Understand that the built in screen protector is going to disappoint you in the otterbox. It doesn't fit flush on the screen and is way too thick. Also distorts the screen considerably.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
i think its best to have a few cases. a nice rubbery comfy one for at home, a slick flip case for goin out and a really hardcore one if you have a manual job or are very clumsy :)
sometimes i like to play with the phone naked (my guilty pleasure) and it feels so sleek and beautiful :)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or crazy) guess ;)

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Probably correct. I still haven't found one I like. I was hoping to just keep one case. I ordered the flip case this morning (this time paying $20 instead of Verizons $35) and the diztronic that everyone seems to like.

Still think the best deal is the shell holster on Amazon for $5

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

ebane12

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
So otterbox defender is ok? I want to buy one but i dont know what color fits the pebble blue SGS3 suggestions?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
So otterbox defender is ok? I want to buy one but i dont know what color fits the pebble blue SGS3 suggestions?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

id say black or grey

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or crazy) guess ;)

tmx31415

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm waiting for the new Obex from Seidio. The convert from them is pretty good too. I'm not very happy with the OB Defender right now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

lvluffinz

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Amazon is still shipping down my OB Commuter. I plan to use the screen protector that comes with it for a week and then I'd probably upgrade to either the Xgear Glass thing, or grab a Zaggs HD.

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Those of you with the otterbox defender, any way you could post pics of how it looks with the screen protector gone? I've been using considering it.

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Those of you with the otterbox defender, any way you could post pics of how it looks with the screen protector gone? I've been using considering it.

This is how my phone looks with the ob def on. Sorry about the fuzziness. Its from a diff phone,but if you have a white s3 the glacier color and the zagg hd is the way to go. You wont regret it. My friend who has an iphone didnt notice i had a screen protector untill he saw the small line around the speaker and camera on the front,he said he's qettin an s3 cause of me. :) lol

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1348085672976.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1348085672976.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 281

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
This is how my phone looks with the ob def on. Sorry about the fuzziness. Its from a diff phone,but if you have a white s3 the glacier color and the zagg hd is the way to go. You wont regret it. My friend who has an iphone didnt notice i had a screen protector untill he saw the small line around the speaker and camera on the front,he said he's qettin an s3 cause of me. :) lol
..ps, i like how there are no cut-outs for the stupid softkey LEDs :)

looks NICE man! do they do a dark emerald green (glasgow celtic (scottish football team) colour?
i didnt realise the screen part coloured the bezel.... do any cheaper cases do the same thing?
i have a black carbon decalgirl on but if id known there were cases that covered the bezel in a different colour.... :)

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
looks NICE man! do they do a dark emerald green (glasgow celtic (scottish football team) colour?
i didnt realise the screen part coloured the bezel.... do any cheaper cases do the same thing?
i have a black carbon decalgirl on but if id known there were cases that covered the bezel in a different colour.... :)

http://m.otterbox.com/on/demandware...color=20&start=1&cgid=samsung-galaxy-s3-cases
^ They have like 4 or 5 colors for it,they do have a green case but nothing dark green,sorry man.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463