Page 253 of 374 FirstFirst ... 250251252253254255256 ... LastLast
Results 6,301 to 6,325 of 9341
Like Tree3267Likes

Default Re: Random Social Chit-Chat

Really concentrate on speaking SLOW and clear. And dont forget breathing ;-)
    But we never gonna survive unless we get a little crazy...

Global Posts
    1,857 Global Posts
    ROM
    TeamSonicFreeGS3 v9.1

Do something stupid before you very yo there make the class laugh. Always easier that way. When presenting look at the entire class no one in their eyes directly. Just look in the direction of them and focus on nothing but what you're presenting
    Athenazoe78 likes this.

ROM
    Stock

Breathing always helps. :thumbup: and I shall, I always find it awkward looking at someone directly lol..

Sent from my Behemoth of a phone, the Galaxy Note 2
    BEACH BUM

Global Posts
    1,947 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock : Rooted, Unlocked

Quote Originally Posted by SenseMonkey View Post
    Do you guys know any good ways to suppress nervousness/anxiety when taking in front of people? I got to talk about 5 people Monday for 10min and to me that seems like an hour. So in all seriousness any suggestions? It's not funny btw; my heart starts pounding and I get crazy nervous when I need to present something in front of people lol.
    Practice, Practice, Practice....................But if your presentation is this Monday then practicing 2 days will not be enough, it takes time to master. Try some meditation, and breathing techniques. I used to suffer from this as well. In one of my first jobs, I used to work as a busboy at a restaurant. I wanted to be a Waiter but that required speaking to people. I kept asking and finally they gave me the chance. Needless to say I got my very first table (a deuce, party of 2) and I started to panic, and sweat, and became very shaky. I either had to swim or sink, so I took about 10-15 minutes before I got up the nerve to approach the table, it was a disaster. After that, the second table was easier, the third much easier, after a while it was a breeze. It got so easy that I could speak in front of private parties of 50 - 100 guests with no problem. Practice makes Perfect!!!! Oh, one other trick is to not make direct eye contact, instead look about 3" to 6" above their heads (it will look like you are, which is essential in public speaking).

Good luck!!

I can agree with not looking at someone particular. When I sang at the wedding of a close friend of mine, she startet crying, I started looking at her and nearly messed the song up
    It brings me out of concept.
    SenseMonkey likes this.
    BEACH BUM

Global Posts
    1,947 Global Posts
    ROM

Quote Originally Posted by Athenazoe78 View Post
    Yes, quite new :-) - I like it here
    Welcome! What does the "78" represent in your name.

Hi! Year of my birth :-)
    Thanked by:
    xXBLACKBERRYXx5 likes this.
    BEACH BUM

Global Posts
    1,947 Global Posts
    ROM

Hi! Year of my birth :-)
    A youngster! You have a "Punkish" "New Wave" look (I like it), are you into Alternative or Indie Music? Or Artsy?

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky Babalu View Post
    Practice, Practice, Practice....................But if your presentation is this Monday then practicing 2 days will not be enough, it takes time to master. Try some meditation, and breathing techniques. I used to suffer from this as well. In one of my first jobs, I used to work as a busboy at a restaurant. I wanted to be a Waiter but that required speaking to people. I kept asking and finally they gave me the chance. Needless to say I got my very first table (a deuce, party of 2) and I started to panic, and sweat, and became very shaky. I either had to swim or sink, so I took about 10-15 minutes before I got up the nerve to approach the table, it was a disaster. After that, the second table was easier, the third much easier, after a while it was a breeze. It got so easy that I could speak in front of private parties of 50 - 100 guests with no problem. Practice makes Perfect!!!! Oh, one other trick is to not make direct eye contact, instead look about 3" to 6" above their heads (it will look like you are, which is essential in public speaking).

Good luck!!
    I love talking to people but talking in front of people is were I suck lol.

Athenazoe78 likes this.

oh thanks! tbh: I got my hair cut this way just yesterday. Before then, it was about cheek-long (for about one year), and before it was REALLY long.
    I like Alternative Rock, yes (and "true Rock", too ;-) ). Do you know Marillion or Fish?
    But I also like many other kinds of music, as Regina Spektor, Kelly Hogan, Sister Hazel for example and due to my elder brothers i grew up with Dire Straights and Clapton and a-ha ;-)

edit: oops, forgot about Leonard Cohen. Im a big fan of his art, I have a song-title and a lily tattoed on my shoulder
    funkylogik likes this.
    BEACH BUM

Global Posts
    1,947 Global Posts
    ROM

oh thanks! tbh: I got my hair cut this way just yesterday. Before then, it was about cheek-long (for about one year), and before it was REALLY long.
    I like Alternative Rock, yes (and "true Rock", too ;-) ). Do you know Marillion or Fish?
    But I also like many other kinds of music, as Regina Spektor, Kelly Hogan, Sister Hazel for example and due to my elder brothers i grew up with Dire Straights and Clapton and a-ha ;-)

edit: oops, forgot about Leonard Cohen. Im a big fan of his art, I have a song-title and a lily tattoed on my shoulder
    Not familiar with Marillion? I have heard of Fish. I have an eclectic taste in music. I do love Classic Rock, but my passion is 80's indie or alternative music. One of my favorite bands is "The Smiths", I know I am dating myself
    Athenazoe78 likes this.
    BEACH BUM

Global Posts
    1,947 Global Posts
    ROM

If you like Leonard Cohen, you should listen to "The Smiths" they have some of the greatest lyrics. A lot of their music touches on themes similar to Leonard Cohen: depression, religion, death, politics, social commentary.

Ok, thx for recommanding, Ill look them up in youtube :-)

Quote Originally Posted by indestructibleguy View Post
    Unless it's super duper fast, light and efficient, it's gonna be like every other version of windows. A big fat flop. ...has anybody else noticed that? Windows for the home PCs, every other version sucks........ Xp was good, vista ( or 7, they both look too similar for me) sucked, the next one was good, windows 8 is basically pointless on non touch devices. Which means next one oughta be good.

**GO MAKE SOMETHING HAPPEN**

sent from my N7, using Tapatalk HD
    that, XP rocked, Vista sucked hard, 7 was awesome and 8 is meh. :P

This is from me, on my EVO 3D.

Quote Originally Posted by SenseMonkey View Post
    I try to keep my cool as much as I can and try to control my sometimes shaky voice but it Doesn't end up to well sometimes lol. Also I do participate in class but when the attention is on me man do I feel nervous lol.

You gotta believe what you're saying wholeheartedly. That should help. Also, keep a list of bullet points, along with the actual 5 min text. That way it's easier to get back on if you sidetrack even a little bit.

**GO MAKE SOMETHING HAPPEN - I.Guy*

sent from my N7, using Tapatalk HD
    --- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --OCTO-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
    Thanked by:
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6316  

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

Quote Originally Posted by MangoPowah View Post
    Getting my flu shot today :thumbup:

Although I'm scared to death of needles...
    we got ours a month ago
    it seems to be a strong strain in the vaccine this year coz we woke up with total symptoms for a day.
    iv had flu 1ce (no not a cold lol) n it was bad,bein asthmatic.
    well worth gettin for me.
    i never catch cold though
    clairs diabetic n shes terrified of needles lmao

Unbranded international rooted s3 with Official 4.1.2 JB. Paisley, Scotland, Western Europe :beer:
    GT-I9300, UK

Global Posts
    2,987 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

Quote Originally Posted by funkylogik View Post
    we got ours a month ago
    it seems to be a strong strain in the vaccine this year coz we woke up with total symptoms for a day.
    iv had flu 1ce (no not a cold lol) n it was bad,bein asthmatic.
    well worth gettin for me.
    i never catch cold though
    clairs diabetic n shes terrified of needles lmao

Unbranded international rooted s3 with Official 4.1.2 JB. Paisley, Scotland, Western Europe :beer:
    I skip the flu shot each year and thankfully managed to stay healthy.... I didn't know flu shots are available in Europe too...
    http://sanuja.com | SGH-I747M
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6318  

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

i slept from friday mornin til now lol. had mad lucid dreams

GT-I9300, UK

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by funkylogik View Post
    aww thanx bud :-)

guess who's gettin married on 6th february (if not in the jail yet)?????

I really hope it all works out man and am really glad that you found someone how loves and cares about you.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4
    Thanked by:
    funkylogik and Athenazoe78 like this.

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by mss-ca View Post
    I skip the flu shot each year and thankfully managed to stay healthy.... I didn't know flu shots are available in Europe too...
    Vitamin D is a key part of increasing your immune system. I read up a lot on this when there was a Swine Flu break out in Canada a few years back and everything pointed to us not getting enough sunlight and vitamin D. I have been taking a dedicated pill daily along with a multi vitamin and I haven't been sick in any way since. I am really surprised that it made such a difference. My staff has also started taking it now and we see a total difference between the ones that don't take vitamin D to those that do.

Android Evangelist
    Thanked by:
    mssca 
    funkylogik likes this.

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky Babalu View Post
    Not familiar with Marillion? I have heard of Fish. I have an eclectic taste in music. I do love Classic Rock, but my passion is 80's indie or alternative music. One of my favorite bands is "The Smiths", I know I am dating myself
    Love Marillion. Saw them perform back in the 80s. If you like this style check out Porcupine Tree.

Android Evangelist
    Thanked by:
    Ricky Babalu and Athenazoe78 like this.
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6322  

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

in Scotland its only free if we have life threatening illness.
    quite expensive otherways i think (flu jag)
    i always forget but clair moaned at me

i should really take vitamin D. i get winter depression n use a high power lamp in winter

GT-I9300, UK

Quote Originally Posted by crackberrytraitor View Post
    I'm so damn excited, you don't even know man. I've been waiting for this for years. QNX is amazing and I hope the 8 million current BlackBerry owners all buy BB10 devices. Don't get me wrong, I love Android, but I've owned 6 Blackberries and can't wait to have a 7th.

Sent from my One X using Android Central Forums
    I hear ya man! I was originally a BB Bold owner. It was my first blackberry, first smartphone even, and I had it a long time. Back then the browser wasn't even webkit so it was quite an awful experience. But something about the quickness of sending a quick text or email really drew me to bb. I love android but it still doesn't quite compete with bb in that regard. And oh god, the keyboard! I was in love. Could text with my eyes closed, and that's not a joke lol. Anyway...

Does this mean you might actually leave android for bb10 though?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6324  

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

Quote Originally Posted by badbrad17 View Post
    Love Marillion. Saw them perform back in the 80s. If you like this style check out Porcupine Tree.

i have a record by porcupine tree bro, trippy stuff, "voyage 24" or something bout a guy havin a bad trip. amazing guitar solos

GT-I9300, UK
    badbrad17 likes this.
    BEACH BUM

Global Posts
    1,947 Global Posts
    ROM

Quote Originally Posted by badbrad17 View Post

You are the first person I have ever heard mention "Porcupine Tree" , Love them!! I happened to come across them by accident while browsing music on Youtube.
    badbrad17 likes this.