Page 261 of 374 FirstFirst ... 258259260261262263264 ... LastLast
Results 6,501 to 6,525 of 9341
Like Tree3267Likes

Default Re: Random Social Chit-Chat

Quote Originally Posted by MangoPowah View Post
    I've gotta give them credit though, I went through two pairs in a rather short period of time (one was iFrogz, TERRIBLE sound and blew out after 2 weeks, stay away! Other was Altec Lansing that blew out after 3 months due to my bad habit of wrapping around phone), while these badboys lasted 3 years, albeit with crappy sound quality.
    I'm a Grado man, myself. Best headphones you can buy.

Sent from my One X using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by crackberrytraitor View Post
    I'm a Grado man, myself. Best headphones you can buy.

With all the arranging i do, (i do piano arrangements for piano from soundtracks) any noise cancelling buds work. :thumbup: got new ones for Christmas, and i can't remember the brand, that's how fast they were unwrapped and put to use.

**GO MAKE SOMETHING HAPPEN - I.Guy*

sent from my N7, using Tapatalk HD
    --- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --OCTO-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --

Do you guys know if it's possible for the admin of a WiFi network to control all the data usage and have access to your device through it? If so, is there an app that protect me from that?

Quote Originally Posted by Livia. View Post
    Do you guys know if it's possible for the admin of a WiFi network to control all the data usage and have access to your device through it? If so, is there an app that protect me from that?
    You mean like monitoring your traffic?

ROM
    Stock

Got a new pair of earbuds coming in the mail this week. Sound in left ear of my old ones finally blew out after three years.

I'm excited for some reason
    Im more of a bluetooth guy myself. I have the lg tone + headphones; 13hrs of music, N.C, bluetooth 3.0, and a very comfortable design make Em worth the $50.

Sent from my Behemoth of a phone, the Galaxy Note 2

ROM
    Stock: Unrooted

Quote Originally Posted by badbrad17 View Post
    He's probably wasted and depressed without AC.
    Quote Originally Posted by indestructibleguy View Post
    I don't blame him.....
    But Funky's the Dude, man. He's the Dude! The Dude... doesn't let anything get him down or depressed, man.

No, I prefer to imagine, I don't know, something more along the lines of. . .the Dudes' going out each day and practicing his gutterballs, after swingin' by here, reading a few posts and saying . . I just stopped by to see what condition my condition was in!

Thanked by 2:

ROM
    Stock

Just ordered my Defender, cant wait to get it.

Hey Liv can you be a little more specific?

My GS3 sleeps in the bed and I make my girlfriend sleep on the couch

Global Posts
    2,987 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

I usually don't post mush in this thread. But I also hope that funky will get a break... He is knowledgeable...

EDIT: Found out he broke the rules... So I hope he play by the rules next time... Good luck.
    http://sanuja.com | SGH-I747M

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Louie View Post
    Heh.... No shame in that. I used those quite a bit until I picked up a pair of SkullCandy Fix. My new favorite.

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk HD
    I'm using the skullcandy ink'd and liking them so far.

Am I the only one who thinks marshmallow tips just feel weird in the ear?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Skull candy headphones seem to feel like they're not made very sturdy. They feel kinda cheap. In my opinion of course. If you can spare the funds, try the Bose in ear headphones. Those are awesome... and I never say "awesome" lol

It is very easy to capture data (packets) on a WiFi network if you are the owner/admin of the network. It's also not too hard for someone else on the same WiFi connection to capture your data. One of the best ways to protect yourself on a free/public WiFi is to VPN back to your own personal home router, that way you're just tunneling through the free/public connection and your info will be encrypted.
    evq.003 - More intelligent than the average *****!

"If you can't spot the crazy person on the bus, it's you."
    Thanked by:
    Livia. 

Quote Originally Posted by winmod21 View Post
    But Funky's the Dude, man. He's the Dude! The Dude... doesn't let anything get him down or depressed, man.

No, I prefer to imagine, I don't know, something more along the lines of. . .the Dudes' going out each day and practicing his gutterballs, after swingin' by here, reading a few posts and saying . . I just stopped by to see what condition my condition was in!

Either that, or he's been busy customizing his devices up the wazoo, and when he gets back, nobody will recognize them.

--- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --OCTO-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
    Thanked by 2:

Quote Originally Posted by evq.003 View Post
    It is very easy to capture data (packets) on a WiFi network if you are the owner/admin of the network. It's also not too hard for someone else on the same WiFi connection to capture your data. One of the best ways to protect yourself on a free/public WiFi is to VPN back to your own personal home router, that way you're just tunneling through the free/public connection and your info will be encrypted.
    And how do I do that? If it's not too much to ask.

Wow, my earbuds are coming all the way from the east coast... I guess they won't be coming in this week at all then

And how do I do that? If it's not too much to ask.
    No, it's not too much to ask, but unfortunately, VPN settings vary from router to router. One of the first thing to do is ensure you have a VPN enabled router at home. Then, typically you go into the router settings and under "services," "security," or maybe "advanced settings" you will find an option to enable "VPN" or "VPN Passthrough" or oftentimes it will be called "PPTP." Once enabled, you will need to configure it much like you would secure your WiFi by entering various data such as; a name, password, and assigning it an IP address. After you have configured your home router, use the VPN feature on Android to connect to the VPN you just setup. This may sound a bit complicated, but I'm sure a Google search about your router will simplify things quite nicely.
    evq.003 - More intelligent than the average *****!

"If you can't spot the crazy person on the bus, it's you."
    Thanked by:
    Livia. 

Quote Originally Posted by evq.003 View Post
    No, it's not too much to ask, but unfortunately, VPN settings vary from router to router. One of the first thing to do is ensure you have a VPN enabled router at home. Then, typically you go into the router settings and under "services," "security," or maybe "advanced settings" you will find an option to enable "VPN" or "VPN Passthrough" or oftentimes it will be called "PPTP." Once enabled, you will need to configure it much like you would secure your WiFi by entering various data such as; a name, password, and assigning it an IP address. After you have configured your home router, use the VPN feature on Android to connect to the VPN you just setup. This may sound a bit complicated, but I'm sure a Google search about your router will simplify things quite nicely.
    Thank you!!
    I'll have to do some research when I have the time. I don't understand much about this things and I don't wanna mess with my router settings.
    I have an apple thingy that amplify the WiFi too (not very good) and I'll have to see if this interferes.
    Or maybe I'll just call someone.

Morning

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by wyndslash View Post
    Morning

Hey you

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

Morning

Long time no see!

Morning

Holy crap the maids woke her up. Or maybe it was one of the $100 hit men

MangoPowah likes this.

ROM
    Stock

What are you guyss thoughts on the Huawei mate? The new biggest kid on the block. I personally think the note 2 still kicks is ****. :thumbup:

Quote Originally Posted by SenseMonkey View Post
    What are you guyss thoughts on the Huawei mate? The new biggest kid on the block. I personally think the note 2 still kicks is ****. :thumbup:

I think they went overboard on the size. I think the Note 2 is the maximum size until it goes into tablet space. The Huawei is pretty much a tablet to me IMO.

I think they went overboard on the size. I think the Note 2 is the maximum size until it goes into tablet space. The Huawei is pretty much a tablet to me IMO.
    Agreed. Might as well have a shoe phone.

Thank you!!
    I'll have to do some research when I have the time. I don't understand much about this things and I don't wanna mess with my router settings.
    I have an apple thingy that amplify the WiFi too (not very good) and I'll have to see if this interferes.
    Or maybe I'll just call someone.
    You can just download the app TOR, as well. It'll do all that good stuff for you.

Thanked by:
    Livia.