Random Social Chit-Chat

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Had heck of day today, well it was my nuggets birthday (shes the big 1 now :D) and my ex decided to argue with me today of all days.. man.. :(

Sent from my Behemoth of a phone, the Galaxy Note 2 :D

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
You said it guys, no offense to the ladies here of course. Man.. I needa find me a girl whos a geek over tech like me.. lol.

Sent from my Behemoth of a phone, the Galaxy Note 2 :D

I need to find a woman that's actually decent around here.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

MangoPowah

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Definitely. Lol

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

I'm starting a "FREE FUNKY" campaign! Let's do it. Post in every thread... "FREE FUNKY!". Ya think we'll get banned too? Lol

My GS3 sleeps in the bed and I make my girlfriend sleep on the couch

I'm willing to take one for funk. If me getting banned means bringing him back, then so be it. He's a really helpful and good guy with good intentions.

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
You can PM me. But the short version is that winning awards that are voted on by members doesn't excuse a history of breaking the rules, ignoring multiple warnings by multiple moderators, and always doing things that are clearly violations of the rules and asking in the same post "mods is this ok".

Trust me when I say that many, many, many opportunities were given for things not to go the direction they did.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk HD

Kevin, I'd like to say in the most polite way possible that I think that was a genuinely bad call. Funky contributed a lot to this forum and was always there to help newbies out and welcome them to AC. He was a bit of a rascal, but that's why we like him. Obviously my opinion doesn't hold any weight and you're the mod, but I hope you allow him to come back at some point.

Sent from my One X using Android Central Forums

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Kevin, I'd like to say in the most polite way possible that I that was a genuinely bad call. Funky contributed a lot to this forum and was always there to help newbies out and welcome them to AC. He was a bit of a rascal, but that's why we like him. Obviously my opinion doesn't hold any weight and you're the mod, but I hope you allow him to come back at some point.

You did see that it's a 7 day temp ban right? There are a ton of people that have been helpful in some areas, but still broke the rules in others. Breaking the rules in any way can't be tolerated, no matter what the situation.

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Kevin, I'd like to say in the most polite way possible that I think that was a genuinely bad call. Funky contributed a lot to this forum and was always there to help newbies out and welcome them to AC. He was a bit of a rascal, but that's why we like him. Obviously my opinion doesn't hold any weight and you're the mod, but I hope you allow him to come back at some point.

7 days, see post # 6419

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
You did see that it's a 7 day temp ban right? There are a ton of people that have been helpful in some areas, but still broke the rules in others. Breaking the rules in any way can't be tolerated, no matter what the situation.

Oh, OK. I should have read better. I agree, a lot of people contribute, but not a lot contribute as much as Funky. And I've yet to see another AC user who was offended by one of Funky's posts. He was friendly to everyone.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Oh, OK. I should have read better. I agree, a lot of people contribute, but not a lot contribute as much as Funky. And I've yet to see another AC user who was offended by one of Funky's posts. He was friendly to everyone.

You don't see the reported posts. Nor does anyone have to find something wrong/offensive for it to be against the rules.

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
You don't see the reported posts. Nor does anyone have to find something wrong/offensive for it to be against the rules.

I'm not going to argue, because arguing with mods is generally a rather bad idea. I've stated my opinion and I'm very glad you're allowing him to come back.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I saw my name mentioned. I will back what Moderator Kevin has already stated.

Funky was given plenty of warnings and chances from just about every Moderator here at AC. We've always approached him in a good way trying to get our point across about following the same rules and guidelines everyone side follows.

Are numerous attempts have not changed the way Funky conducts himself in the forums so the temp ban was a last chance for him to think about things during his vacation.

Paul627g
Forums Moderator.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm willing to take one for funk. If me getting banned means bringing him back, then so be it. He's a really helpful and good guy with good intentions.
I agree. I'm not sure what he did but honestly there is some strange rules on this forum at times. Some of the Mods are very cool but sometimes it makes no sense. I got a 25 point warning thing because I told someone that they were ignorant about something. I didn't say they were ignorant I said "sorry but you are ignorant on this". Then I read a post by Jerry who calls a guy a DipSh*t. TOTAL DOUBLE STANDARD. I was a bit ticked as it seemed more like the Mod was just trying to argue about a heated debate I was having with a few other guys that were totally cool about our discussions. No one was out of line. Head shake. :banghead:

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I agree. I'm not sure what he did but honestly there is some strange rules on this forum at times. Some of the Mods are very cool but sometimes it makes no sense. I got a 25 point warning thing because I told someone that they were ignorant about something. I didn't say they were ignorant I said "sorry but you are ignorant on this". Then I read a post by Jerry who calls a guy a DipSh*t. TOTAL DOUBLE STANDARD. I was a bit ticked as it seemed more like the Mod was just trying to argue about a heated debate I was having with a few other guys that were totally cool about our discussions. No one was out of line. Head shake. :banghead:

I have found it is no different here than anywhere else (e.g., business, politics, everyday life). You have to learn to play the "game", those who learn to play the game usually have no problems. It is also a dilemma when playing the "game" compromises your beliefs, ethics, morals and so forth. It is a struggle sometimes but I have learned to pause, take a moment and assess how I will approach, respond or act on something; Some will learn as they go along, some master it, and some struggle with it. Funk is brutally honest (maybe to a fault), a good natured, thoughtful, and funny guy. I hope he comes back and "plays the game".