Random Social Chit-Chat

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Doubt am back.
If anythin itl be this wee thread :)
Racist, hypocritical mods/staff members do my nut.
Think theyve even lost a podcast hit :)

Unbranded international s3 with Official JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:

This is the only thread I've posted in on AC in weeks.

Sent from my One X using Android Central Forums

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Advise me here guys,I decided no nexus 7 for me. Instead a new toy(smartphone) for myself as I've been well behaved all year. ;) So my two contenders that could have the privilege of being my new smartphone are the one x+ or the note 2. Now here are my pros and cons for both.
Note II: Giant screen,big battery,quad core CPU,and Sammy made.
Cons: Dont really like touchwiz. :( No tegra 3. :/ Might be a little too big for my pocket. D:
One x+: I LOVE HTC SENSE, Better FF camera,HTC image sense BF camera,whopping 64Gb of storage,tegra 3 chip(sick games) and HTC build.
Cons: Display seems small to me since its the same as my one x. And I've heard around that battery isn't too great. :/
Help me guys!! :(

My one x is better then your one x!!
/
D:
\

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Advise me here guys,I decided no nexus 7 for me. Instead a new toy(smartphone) for myself as I've been well behaved all year. ;) So my two contenders that could have the privilege of being my new smartphone are the one x+ or the note 2. Now here are my pros and cons for both.
Cons: Dont really like touchwiz. :( No tegra 3. :/ Might be a little too big for my pocket. D:
One x+: I LOVE HTC SENSE, Better FF camera,HTC image sense BF camera,whopping 64Gb of storage,tegra 3 chip(sick games) and HTC build.
Cons: Display seems small to me since its the same as my one x. And I've heard around that battery isn't too great. :/

/
D:
\

If storage isn't an issue, buy the Nexus 4. If it is, buy the One X+. Better yet, buy something else. Your One X isn't even 5 months old and no phone on the market will be a noticeable improvement.

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
If storage isn't an issue, buy the Nexus 4. If it is, buy the One X+. Better yet, buy something else. Your One X isn't even 5 months old and no phone on the market will be a noticeable improvement.

Interesting,your right. I'll wait a few more months to see what HTC or Samsung got up their sleeves for 2013.

/
D:
\

wyndslash

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
yeah, i'd suggest waiting. you don't really need a new phone, do you? :D I bet there will be lots of exciting new contenders for next year. At the moment, I am enjoying my Note 2. I just wish it wasn't so damn slippery, lol. Well, my case will be here soon.

MangoPowah

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site

/
D:
\

Unless you REALLY NEED a new phone, I'm going to agree with crack and wynd here and say just hold off.

Sent from the cockpit of Gurren Lagann

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
So I bought an iPhone 5 today just to play try out the opposition. God, iOS is friggen TERRIBLE, it's so constrained it just makes me wanna chuck it at the wall. Giving it to my mom on Thursday, I just want it out of the house.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
So I bought an iPhone 5 today just to play try out the opposition. God, iOS is friggen TERRIBLE, it's so constrained it just makes me wanna chuck it at the wall. Giving it to my mom on Thursday, I just want it out of the house.

I know right? I'm actually glad my iTouch fried after only having it 2-3 years.

MangoPowah

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site

What's stopping you?

Do you really want to torture your mother with that? :(

Last edited:

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site

Jail break... I honestly think ios is possibly better than android once it's jail broken. But then again that's comparing my iPad2 to my galaxy s3.

And I suggest waiting also. But if you want me to choose for you go with the note 2 touch wiz features are awesome. If you think it's ugly that's what other launchers are.for. and the quad exynos is better than tegra3.

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Jail break... I honestly think ios is possibly better than android once it's jail broken. But then again that's comparing my iPad2 to my galaxy s3.

And I suggest waiting also. But if you want me to choose for you go with the note 2 touch wiz features are awesome. If you think it's ugly that's what other launchers are.for. and the quad exynos is better than tegra3.

You're right, I can't stand touchwiz. But it's the Nexus 7/Nexus 8 for me.

MangoPowah

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site

I dunno. My jailbroken iPod touch isn't as good as any Android phone IMO. Whatever it can do jailbroken, my Android device can do better stock. Everything just lags and crashes on iOS.

Livia.

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site

Jailbreak makes the device usable, but unrooted android is still better.

And Sense, I agree with waiting for new phones! :)

MangoPowah

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site

Yep, me personally though I'd wait til upgrade time comes around. If I managed with my poor excuse for a phone (I'm looking at you, Motorola Backflip :mad: ) for 2 (very agonizing) years, then I'm sure you'll be fine with the super awesome phone we so proudly own :)

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I dunno. My jailbroken iPod touch isn't as good as any Android phone IMO. Whatever it can do jailbroken, my Android device can do better stock. Everything just lags and crashes on iOS.

True. Everything available from jail breaking is pretty much available with out root for us except for activator (huge ios jail break possibly one of the greatest software innovations ever) and the ability to change multi tasking web OS type cards, multi Windows, and lots of other ways to change multi tasking. Pretty cool feature.

Android is truly better in my opinion. It only lacked in smoothness and apps both of which are growing and becoming better every day