Random Social Chit-Chat

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
A flu shot is actually a small dose of the flu so once your body is infected and fighting it off, it is highly unlikely to get sick again. I don't mess with those things

My GS3 sleeps in the bed and I make my girlfriend sleep on the couch

Actually, the strains contained in flu vaccine are innate (dead), which means you don't really get infected, so to speak. It just let's your immune system know what it looks like. Kind of like how an anti-virus software tells your PC what to look for.

Sent from my One X using Android Central Forums

MangoPowah

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Yeah... but I did it anyway, since it's "strongly recommend" when there's a pregnancy in the household. Next year I think I'm gonna take my chances without it. :thumbup:

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

Honestly, I've been doing fine without it. I only recently started making it habit last year to get vaccinated, since my dad is quite paranoid about it.

But the years previous I chugged through the flu within a week and it was only a bit worse than a cold for me.

Uncle Louie

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Actually, the strains contained in flu vaccine are innate (dead), which means you don't really get infected, so to speak. It just let's your immune system know what it looks like. Kind of like how an anti-virus software tells your PC what to look for.

The strains in the actual shot are innate; but the nasal spray versions are alive, but weakened to the point that that it apparently can't get you sick. But it STILL creeps me out for some reason. :what:

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
A flu shot is actually a small dose of the flu so once your body is infected and fighting it off, it is highly unlikely to get sick again. I don't mess with those things

Yeah... but I did it anyway, since it's "strongly recommend" when there's a pregnancy in the household. Next year I think I'm gonna take my chances without it. :thumbup:

Quit being so paranoid and take your darn vaccines. Flu deaths this year are at record levels.

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Honestly, I've been doing fine without it. I only recently started making it habit last year to get vaccinated, since my dad is quite paranoid about it.

But the years previous I chugged through the flu within a week and it was only a bit worse than a cold for me.

Until one year you get a bad one and die.

The strains in the actual shot are innate; but the nasal spray versions are alive, but weakened to the point that that it apparently can't get you sick. But it STILL creeps me out for some reason. :what:

Never heard of the nasal version before. I'll have to Google it.

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Okay who's excited for what they've seen from BlackBerry 10? Disappointed? Thoughts so far? It's looking really unique and interesting to me. It might actually take off. Then again, windows phone has become quite nice, and still can't take off.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Okay who's excited for what they've seen from BlackBerry 10? Disappointed? Thoughts so far? It's looking really unique and interesting to me. It might actually take off. Then again, windows phone has become quite nice, and still can't take off.

I'm so damn excited, you don't even know man. I've been waiting for this for years. QNX is amazing and I hope the 8 million current BlackBerry owners all buy BB10 devices. Don't get me wrong, I love Android, but I've owned 6 Blackberries and can't wait to have a 7th.

xXBLACKBERRYXx5

May 18, 2012
Visit site
I'm so damn excited, you don't even know man. I've been waiting for this for years. QNX is amazing and I hope the 8 million current BlackBerry owners all buy BB10 devices. Don't get me wrong, I love Android, but I've owned 6 Blackberries and can't wait to have a 7th.

Yeah I can't wait for bb10 either. Tempted to get a droid DNA or note 2 but I'm waiting to see what bb10 is like in person

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

MangoPowah

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site

Well, Blackberry still has a good amount of those faithful to it. Whatever the case may be, I see BB10 being much more successful than WP.

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
have you guys used google earth ? its pretty cool being on the other side of the earth in 1 Min ! :D

Sent from my Behemoth of a phone, the Galaxy Note 2 :D

makaroni

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Quit being so paranoid and take your darn vaccines. Flu deaths this year are at record levels.

Oh hush man. You sound like my mom lol.

And man, do they look sexy.

That looks like a blatant copy of the iPhone just with a bigger screen. With all the cross platform messaging apps, I think BBM is gonna R.I.P and blackberry will never be able to recover. Blackberry never had anything else to pitch for sales except for BBM. Their "app world" is, in my opinion no where near the Google Play store or the iTunes Store. The phone looks ok but it's gonna take something enormous to get the Loyal Android and iJunky users away from the devices and OS's they've become accustomed to and comfortable with.

Athenazoe78

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
That looks like a blatant copy of the iPhone just with a bigger screen.

:confused: seriously? I don?t think it looks like an iPhone... I think with the most popular apps everyone uses (or at least most) and their about 70000 apps they already have for BB10, it could get a turnaround for RIM. I would hope so, because I wouldn?t want only iOS and Android (and perhaps W8) to choose between.

makaroni

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
:confused: seriously? I don?t think it looks like an iPhone... I think with the most popular apps everyone uses (or at least most) and their about 70000 apps they already have for BB10, it could get a turnaround for RIM. I would hope so, because I wouldn?t want only iOS and Android (and perhaps W8) to choose between.

Look at the iPhone 5 and look at the new Blackberry pic. They just widened the screen. Just like there are iPhone and Android lovers, there are some people stuck to RIM and Blackberry but I'm saying it's going to take a lot for them to try and maybe get back on top or even compete. Samsung and Android is gonna be hard to beat

Athenazoe78

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
I know the iPhone 5 and have seen it a couple of times, but still I don?t think they look very similar ;-). It?s in the eye of the beholder I?d say :).
I don?t know if Android or iOS are to be beaten in the next few years, but I think there?s room enough for one or two more competitior, even if they don?t have that much marketshare at first.

indestructibleguy

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Oh hush man. You sound like my mom lol.

That looks like a blatant copy of the iPhone just with a bigger screen. With all the cross platform messaging apps, I think BBM is gonna R.I.P and blackberry will never be able to recover. Blackberry never had anything else to pitch for sales except for BBM. Their "app world" is, in my opinion no where near the Google Play store or the iTunes Store. The phone looks ok but it's gonna take something enormous to get the Loyal Android and iJunky users away from the devices and OS's they've become accustomed to and comfortable with.

Unless it's super duper fast, light and efficient, it's gonna be like every other version of windows. A big fat flop. ...has anybody else noticed that? Windows for the home PCs, every other version sucks........ Xp was good, vista ( or 7, they both look too similar for me) sucked, the next one was good, windows 8 is basically pointless on non touch devices. Which means next one oughta be good. :)

**GO MAKE SOMETHING HAPPEN**

sent from my N7, using Tapatalk HD

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams